Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 114508 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 22:34:12 »

Goals are up on Sky -

https://www.skysports.com/football/swindon-vs-scunthorpe/report/410858

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 22:40:54 »

It was a helluva pass to Caddis by Keshi, SuperHans.  He and DJ are tremendous catalysts and make an ideal sub one for the other.  

It may be a little random to single out Benda and Broadbent but I shall anyway!

I think Benda's confidence has grown to match his undoubted abilities and that confidence spreads throughout the defence.

Also, after his early season, personal uncertainties, it is really pleasing to see how effectively Tom Broadbent has slotted in as a very reliable "cover" defender.

All in all, our all star team is becoming a pretty mean one too.

Good shouts. Benda gives me as much confidence as Fods used too. Brilliant keeper. Felt sorry for Broadbent first half. Was obviously chosen by Scunthorpe as the one they'd allow to bring the ball out from the back and through no fault of his own had to go long more often than not. Was a bit disappointed that nobody really showed for the easy ball a lot of the time. Defensively he and REG looked secure.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 23:29:27 »

Lyden out for the season but signing a new deal
And a result of training on the AstroTurf with Wellens having another dig at the training situation. I don’t understand how anyone can’t agree that our own training ground is an absolute priority.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 23:35:20 »

And a result of training on the AstroTurf with Wellens having another dig at the training situation. I don’t understand how anyone can’t agree that our own training ground is an absolute priority.

Who’s arguing, apart from Highworth Town Council?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 23:38:53 »

Who’s arguing, apart from Highworth Town Council?
A lot of our fans see it as a waste of money and money should be spent on the squad.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 23:44:12 »

Really good first few minutes and I thought we were going to hammer them but then we fizzled out.  Lucky to be ahead at half time.  Whole series of misplaced passes with Edmonds-Green the worst culprit.  Grant as solid as ever but thought Caddis was the only player offering any real spark.  Great header by Doyle.

Second half was much more convincing and in end we were comfortable winners.  

Scunthorpe were poor. That was an excellent postponement.

Another good day for us.  We are nearly there.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 02:45:37 »

Thought the majority of our passes were about a yard short all evening - even those that reached their target. I winced more than once when it looked like a pass would get intercepted.

REG was guilty all night of misplaced passes but some great covering to balance it out.

For me, DJ has been off the boil for a few games now - maybe a rest is in order.

As has been said, Doughty was class all night, Broadbent didnt miss a thing and Fryers is so much better as a full back than CB.

Big shame about Lyden.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 06:21:30 »

Great that Lyden has signed for next season. Suggests talks may have started with others - such as Isgrove and Anderson. Just get that training ground sorted! What’s the latest on it, does anybody know?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 06:29:57 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
and Fryers is so much better as a full back than CB.

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment, only watched about 45 yesterday, but early season it was completely the opposite!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 06:30:45 »

Quote from: theakston2k
A lot of our fans see it as a waste of money and money should be spent on the squad.

definitely not the mood in here.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 07:02:16 »

Thought the majority of our passes were about a yard short all evening - even those that reached their target. I winced more than once when it looked like a pass would get intercepted.

REG was guilty all night of misplaced passes but some great covering to balance it out.

For me, DJ has been off the boil for a few games now - maybe a rest is in order.

As has been said, Doughty was class all night, Broadbent didnt miss a thing and Fryers is so much better as a full back than CB.

Big shame about Lyden.

Pretty much as I see, however, over hit passes were in abundance as much as intercepted short short ones, maybe we ought to stop training in the wind tunnel now the better weather is nearly here? Caddis MOM for the DNA and I just shading Doughty. AG has or appears to have lost some sparkle recently though going off with a slight hammy may mean he has been carrying it for a while. Isgrove who I like is not the same as the early season Isgrove. Broadbean I’m pleased for, played well.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 07:08:11 »

I presume that the promise of one is one reason why Wellens signed a new contract.

Someone rumouring Power may be off at the end of the season - with £12m in his arse pocket. Can’t see him going just yet and certainly not getting £12m for the club.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 07:44:25 »

Don't Panic ....... a comfortable two goal win tonight. All will be well at the County Ground.
Told you so  !!!!!!.   COYR COYR COYR

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:13:43 »

I presume that the promise of one is one reason why Wellens signed a new contract.

Someone rumouring Power may be off at the end of the season - with £12m in his arse pocket. Can’t see him going just yet and certainly not getting £12m for the club.
Cants see Wellens committing to a long contract if the owner was planning to sell in a couple of months, sounds like another rumour with no substance.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:20:35 »

12 million!?!?  I'm sure Power would piss himself laughing at that suggestion 😁... some things just aren't worth repeating mate😉
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: