Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 68965 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 12:45:58 »

I think hes getting better definately, but there is always one or two he doesn't quite get to.

Wellens on Saturday pre game said thats a part of his game they have pinpointed as needs a fair bit more work in training, hes still very young he does needs to pick his battles better of what he can and what he thinks he can get to.

Hes far better than Vigs ever was already and in a different league to Moore and RCC!
I think he's far better than any keeper in recent memory on crosses and I include Foderingham in that.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 15:31:00 »

The cross ultimately turned out to be a good one. Think that has more to do with the run from Lyden.
If he doesn’t make that run from deep, it’s a shit cross. Only Doyle can tell you whether he aimed to hit Lyden in his stride or not.

If I’m a Northampton player I’m going mental at the midfield that has let Lyden go.

As you suggest, fair fuucks to Lyden, a defensive midfielder making that run late in the game. Even if the run made the cross, it was excellent service from Doyle.

Wonderfully competitive second half performance all round.  And credit to those of you who made the trip to give the lads your support.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 15:49:14 »

Even early into the second half last night I said to my son that I would take a nil-nil as the big lumping forwards of the ball and long throws were reminiscent of Newport, and they would sooner or later get that lucky bounce in the box which Benda thank goodness made a great save from. If anything apart from the odd occasion, the more they went direct the stronger we got and began to look a far better side winning the first and second balls and playing it out on the deck.

Tremendous cross from Doyle, timed run from Lyden and hey ho we were looking even better, and my instinct (for better or worse) told me that this win could be a real point in the season where we just ploughed on to promotion, four points from two difficult away a games in
not very good playing conditions.

As an aside, bit cheesed off that the goal that numb scored at Carlisle looked offside to give them the win.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 15:52:26 »

Northampton took off the big lump and brought on a fella who lost every aerial battle, that definitely worked in our favour.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 15:57:57 »

They were virtually one trick ponies - long throws into the box being their main weapon.

Turnbull was a complete cock all game.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 16:07:33 »

They were virtually one trick ponies - long throws into the box being their main weapon.

Turnbull was a complete cock all game.
Turnbull always has been, so glad we didn’t sign him when we had the chance.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #426 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 16:09:27 »

I think he's far better than any keeper in recent memory on crosses and I include Foderingham in that.
I am inclinded to agree.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 19:20:19 »

I always liked Turnbull but had to laugh when, after spending the whole first half trying to boot Doughty back to Swindon, he couldn't get near him second half.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 20:52:08 »

Apparently a Northampton steward got thrown out.

Wink
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 20:54:14 »

Just got in...epic night and result.

Fucking cold though....

Did you book that hotel ?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: