Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 68966 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 10:48:33 »

As I said last week, I fully expect us to lose tomorrow (I'm still going). But then we'll go on an unbeaten run until the end of the season and will win the league.

3-0 to the wobblers.

I've been to the ground twice and have a vague recollection of parking nr some restaurant, but any tips on the best places to park would be appreciated.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 10:56:06 »

Northampton have had a lot of games recently including FA cup at home to Derby and the reply last week which they lost.
Have been playing Sat/Tuesday for about 4 weeks! Takes it out of a team hence not surprised they lost to PV at home on Saturday.

Hopefully their players are still a little jaded! Town 2-1!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 11:01:16 »

Northampton have had a lot of games recently including FA cup at home to Derby and the reply last week which they lost.
Have been playing Sat/Tuesday for about 4 weeks! Takes it out of a team hence not surprised they lost to PV at home on Saturday.

Hopefully their players are still a little jaded! Town 2-1!

To be fair our lot looked shattered (apart from Caddis) in the last 10 mins on Saturday!

If we play like we played Saturday I suspect we will lose, if we play like I am led to believe we can play we should at least get a point!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 11:38:07 »

Swindon often do well in recent years at Northampton with just 2 defeats in the last 9 games there since 1986 Swindon winning 4 and 3 being drawn, every game decided by no more than 1 goal either way.

Players with links to each club are Danny Rose played for them, as did Hallam Hope & Keshi Anderson both in loan spells.

Andy Williams, Jordan Turnbull, Alan McCormack, Harry Smith, Lloyd Jones, Mark Marshall all ex Town players and ex Summer Town trialist Paul Anderson all play for the Cobblers.

Northampton have the 3rd best home record in the league, behind us in top and Crewe in 2nd place, 1 win less that Swindon with 10 wins from 16 and 4 defeats. At home they have scored 28 and conceded 11, the lowest goals against at home in the league.

Their leading scorers at Hoskins on 9 and Williams on 8 goals so far.

Saturday was their first home defeat since 5th October by Orient, a run of 9 games. It was also their first defeat of the year after they were trounced 4-0 at Crawley on Boxing Day.

Their form over the last 19 games has been excellent WWWDWWLWDLWWWDWWL earning 36 points.

Our form over that time is LWWWWWWWDWLWDWLWLWD earning 39 points.

So recent form has been pretty comparable although we have scored 11 more goals than them they have conceded 4 less than we have.

A couple of views from Cobs fans.

Perfect chance to bounce back from our first home defeat in 4 months with another home game on Tuesday. This time the leaders, who we beat at their place with a hell of a lot of fortune and a goal given despite being 4 yards offside. They've sold over a thousand already so a big attendance is guaranteed.
Think we need to win due to rivals having some decent games on Tuesday.

Swindon have only won 1 of their last 6 away games. In 16 away games they have scored 2 or more goals in 8 games but have also conceded 2 or more goals in 8 games.
Referee for this is James Adcock who I do not recall refereeing us before (have not checked his record)
Looking on the bright side, of the 92 league clubs Swindon are currently placed 69th.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 13:27:09 »

Baudry missing again tomorrow and now joined on the sidelines by Yates (going for a scan today following a knee injury received in training)  Angry

Wellens on Anderson:

"He travelled with us to Carlisle on Friday but he pulled out of that training session. We need to get some fitness into him."
« Last Edit: Monday, February 10, 2020, 13:36:31 by Private Fraser » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 13:30:45 »

Baudry missing again tomorrow and now joined on the sidelines by Yates (going for a scan today following a knee injury received in training)  Angry
Both be playing tomorrow then! Still remember Caddis’ scan, he was out for a long time...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 13:49:54 »

Baudry missing again tomorrow and now joined on the sidelines by Yates (going for a scan today following a knee injury received in training)  Angry

Wellens on Anderson:

"He travelled with us to Carlisle on Friday but he pulled out of that training session. We need to get some fitness into him."
Training when?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 13:54:38 »

Training when?

Today?  Hmmm

@TotalSportSwin

Wellens on injuries

: "Baudry hasn't trained and is definitely out. Yates is out after getting a blow to his knee in training. He is going for a scan today."
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 14:00:46 »

And a setback for Keshi, apparently.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 14:05:30 »

Baudry and Yates are big blows, Keshi less so.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 14:10:06 »

As much as Yates being out is a loss, it might bring some better shape to the team because he clearly plays best in the same role Hope does.  This will force one of Isgrove or Woolery to come in on the right who may be better placed to serve Doyle, or we move to three in midfield and push DJ out wide with Doughty behind Doyle to thread balls through and get more possession.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 14:11:29 »

can you take Wellens team news at face value anyway?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 14:12:48 »

You do have a point.

As much as Yates being out is a loss, it might bring some better shape to the team because he clearly plays best in the same role Hope does.  This will force one of Isgrove or Woolery to come in on the right who may be better placed to serve Doyle, or we move to three in midfield and push DJ out wide with Doughty behind Doyle to thread balls through and get more possession.
I favour the extra body in midfield.

Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 14:12:53 »

Nope.

I would not be even a little bit surprised if all 3 start tomorrow.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 10, 2020, 15:43:02 »

.....and there's always the Admiral, don't forget......he could do with a proper run .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: