Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guess who needs attention again?  (Read 7286 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 20:28:34 »

Don’t you mean 8 wins in a row?

No 4 got us top, then it was maintained by the other wins.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 21:22:59 »

The previous 5 was a 9 point haul 2 defeats followed by 3 wins.... its helped propel us upwards. If we want to win this thing we'l need some more away wins, so lets get them at the most likely looking venues. Confidence is maintained by getting top and staying top....
Of course we need more away wins but my point was that it's not accurate to say our away form has deteriorated and with the squad having been massively strengthened in the window there is every reason to believe that our form which has not been bad, will improve and those wins will come.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 21:26:24 »

Because 4D posted up a title about Saturday's match I've given my thoughts... it's what a lot of posters do, hardly strange is it.

It's really pretty simple if we want to win the league and presumably you do, then it's for the best to stay top... if not then at least top 3... lot of reasons to think Cobblers will be very tough ergo Carlisle as a relatively poor outfit offers a good chance.

We could be out of the top 3 this time next week.... so we need the insurance of beating Carlisle....
Hardly strange to post your views - correct.
Describing it as a must win game - incorrect
Your understanding of 'must win' clearly needs working on.....

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 21:29:04 »

Confidence is maintained by getting top and staying top....
We’ve been top since 16 November so I presume you are confident we will stay there.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 21:38:00 »

I'm beginning to wonder I bother logging in at times.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 21:44:51 »

Of course we need more away wins but my point was that it's not accurate to say our away form has deteriorated and with the squad having been massively strengthened in the window there is every reason to believe that our form which has not been bad, will improve and those wins will come.

Well in my book if you get fewer points over a period, than you did over a previous period it's a deterioration, so 4 points from 5 games is a deterioration on 9 points from 5 games, but no matter carry on thinking it hasn't. 
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 21:47:39 »

Some of the wrong posts might have been moved but, to be frank, I'm losing the will to give a flying one.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 21:49:08 »

We’ve been top since 16 November so I presume you are confident we will stay there.

Win at Carlisle gives us a wriggle room for Cobblers, a game in which I have little confidence..... Tuesday night, poor pitch long ball merchants with old boys. Don't win at Carlisle and quite likely we'll drop off our top perch.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 21:56:36 »

......a game in which I have little confidence...
Not like you to be pessimistic, Reg.... Roll Eyes.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 22:48:47 »

Well in my book if you get fewer points over a period, than you did over a previous period it's a deterioration, so 4 points from 5 games is a deterioration on 9 points from 5 games, but no matter carry on thinking it hasn't. 
Our FORM has not deteriorated....doesn't matter  Roll Eyes
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 08:07:37 »

Reg is right on this one. Put away form is worse than it was, and if we want to win the league we’ll need to address that. There’s very valid reasons to expect we can, but we still need to do

Things get better but they never get good
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 08:26:15 »

Win at Carlisle gives us a wriggle room for Cobblers, a game in which I have little confidence..... Tuesday night, poor pitch long ball merchants with old boys. Don't win at Carlisle and quite likely we'll drop off our top perch.
FFS Reg, You must be a bundle of fun to live with !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 08:29:39 »

I want Town to win L2 and therefore we need wins every week. Also want to stop the LWLW pattern  Smiley
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 09:10:03 »

it does very much feel like we need to win every game at  the moment. it's annoying that there is 4 teams so close with 3 spots for grabs. We are top for a reason and we should be confident with every game.

Although top these games in hand would be lovely to get rid of. As would the rest dropping more points starting Saturday.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 09:12:07 »

Reg is right on this one. Put away form is worse than it was, and if we want to win the league we’ll need to address that. There’s very valid reasons to expect we can, but we still need to do

This.

Going to the Cobblers game and do not want it to be on the back of a bad result at Carlisle. Saying that, I would think that our strength in depth with the squad will be enough to keep the run going and coupled with the remaining games the old adage of a win at home and a draw away will see us happily trundling along to the end of the season.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: