Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 57959 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 17:15:41 »

Plymouth would take at least 3x as many.
1-1
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 17:52:52 »

Carlisle manager Beech getting the excuses in early -

“They’re League One players on League One budgets.”

“I know managers will play it down but they have got a massive budget, because I do know of some of the players they’ve recruited – I did have a little knock on the door myself and didn’t get them.”

“The pressure is really on them to make sure they can back up their investment and get promoted. On us is the challenge to say ok, we’re taking on the best in the league".

“They’re backed up with a right-footed left-back [Rob Hunt] and [Paul] Caddis with his experience. People would think, ‘We can get at him, run at him, he’s getting old’ but it doesn’t work like that, they use their bodies well, get help off the linesmen and referees, talk them in, almost referee the games – young referees get sucked into the way they go about that, they’re very clever".

Cats are better than dogs FACT
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 18:37:02 »

Carlisle manager Beech getting the excuses in early -

“They’re League One players on League One budgets.”

“I know managers will play it down but they have got a massive budget, because I do know of some of the players they’ve recruited – I did have a little knock on the door myself and didn’t get them.”

“The pressure is really on them to make sure they can back up their investment and get promoted. On us is the challenge to say ok, we’re taking on the best in the league".

“They’re backed up with a right-footed left-back [Rob Hunt] and [Paul] Caddis with his experience. People would think, ‘We can get at him, run at him, he’s getting old’ but it doesn’t work like that, they use their bodies well, get help off the linesmen and referees, talk them in, almost referee the games – young referees get sucked into the way they go about that, they’re very clever".

Mourinho would get charged for comments like that prematch
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 18:40:37 »

Mourinho would get charged for comments like that prematch

Yeah but he's a cunt and should be fined for looking smug, even before he opens his mouth.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 18:53:02 »

Is he talking about us? 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 19:06:00 »

Running scared. He knows we've already got good equity, returning on Hope already and he's just bound to score against them or at least be very integral to one of our goals.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
bluebry

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 20:06:15 »

You lot leave our Chrissy alone you bullys, he's doing 'quite alright' thank you very much.  Cheesy
Anyway on to tomorrow, i noticed a message up above stating the weather and the terrible pitch. Apparently the weather is going to be a bit blustery but otherwise fine and dry, he also mentioned the 'possible' terrible pitch. Come on folks we are not Newport or Tranmere, we are Carlisle and our pitch is one of the finest in the land, infact it's as good as most premiershit pitches.
On to the game, it will be interesting to see Halam back, he will probably get a mixed reaction from our lot, he kind of split the support base right down the middle, some loved him and some thought he was very average and a bit lazy/disinterested. I liked Halam always tried his best, and always 'put in a shift' as the say, and as I got to know him personally, then you couldn't wish for a nicer guy, although after 5 years here then I did think it was time for him to move on.
Yates is the one we fear, an absolute pest to opposition defenders, and Mr Webster and Mr Haydon are going to have to be at their best to snuff him out.
As far as our team is concerned...Beech has moulded them into a reasonable outfit, he seems to have plugged the holes in defence, stopped the fannying around at the back, made them fitter and stronger and given them a 'never say die attitude', what more could you ask for as a fan?
Not sure whether were good enough to take you lot on, but then we never expected to win 4-0 at your spot not that long ago  Cheesy.
I'll be happy with a draw, good luck after tomorrow of course. 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 20:34:49 »

Excellent post and thanks for the pitch update as it was only a few years ago when it was a few feet under water when the river close by burst it banks and ruined many of the local houses which they showed on homes under the hammer

So, give no fucks
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 20:37:44 »

Excellent post and thanks for the pitch update as it was only a few years ago when it was a few feet under water when the river close by burst it banks and ruined many of the local houses which they showed on homes under the hammer
Nice, all you need in a situation like that is Dion Dublin turning up on your doorstep in a pair of waders.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 7, 2020, 20:48:32 by Mother Brown » Logged
bluebry

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 20:52:34 »

Yea thanks, terrible time for the folks who lived around the ground, would you believe that some folk only moved back in to their homes recently, there were 2,000 homes affected?? It was completely heartbreaking to see everybody possessions simply dumped on to the streets, it was like (I imagine) a bombed town.
For those that are making the trip, take care on the way home the M6 looks like its going to be anything but fun.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 20:59:20 »

I agree very upsetting for the residents close to the river and I won't forget how deep high the water marks were inside the homes.
I've got good memories against you guys and remember playing you in a FA Cup reply which we won 1-0 aeound 84/85 and also when you were top of division one after beating chelsea away around 76/77

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 21:01:01 »

Nice, all you need in a situation like that is Dion Dublin turning up on your doorstep in a pair of waders.

I would prefer Martel Maxwell😁

So, give no fucks
bluebry

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 21:17:56 »

I agree very upsetting for the residents close to the river and I won't forget how deep high the water marks were inside the homes.
I've got good memories against you guys and remember playing you in a FA Cup reply which we won 1-0 aeound 84/85 and also when you were top of division one after beating chelsea away around 76/77

74/75 it was, Chelsea away won 2-0, Middlesbro away won 2-1, Spurs at Home won 1-0   ahhhhhhhhhhh happy days.  Pint  Cheesy
Didn't last long of course and I doubt it will ever happen again, but the football world stood up and took notice of us for once.

As a matter of interest I was working next door in the Rugby Club at the time of the floods, (I was club manager there) and I was first in when the water subsided, it had been 8 feet deep, everything had been destroyed, computers, furniture, carpets, bars the lot everything went into skips, and the weirdest thing............the Xmas trees still had ALL their decorations on and looked like they hadn't been touched, really weird.  Hmmm

« Last Edit: Friday, February 7, 2020, 21:20:06 by bluebry » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 21:23:15 »

Great football memories bluebry and like Swindon we had one season in the top league and doubt if it we will ever see that again in our lifetime.

That must have been a really strange experience with so many affected and must have took years for the area to recover and I hope that they have put things in place to stop it happening again

So, give no fucks
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 21:26:03 »

Memory's playing tricks, I think, Jimmy. I think you must be thinking of 83/84 (season of our lowest ever League position as Reg likes to regularly remind us), when we drew 1-1 at Carlisle and won the replay 3-1.

Lost 2-1 at home to Blackburn in the next round.......goalscorer - Jimmy Quinn ☺
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: