Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 58401 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 21:28:32 »

Memory's playing tricks, I think, Jimmy. I think you must be thinking of 83/84 (season of our lowest ever League position as Reg likes to regularly remind us), when we drew 1-1 at Carlisle and won the replay 3-1.

Lost 2-1 at home to Blackburn in the next round.......goalscorer - Jimmy Quinn ☺

Only one year out Bob and yes you're right it was 3-1 in the replay and remember the Blackburn game as it all kicked off down county road after the game whilst trying to get the bus!

So, give no fucks
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 21:32:16 »

I went to the "flooded" game. Sheesh how you ever got that game on i have no idea. Went to bed the night before with photos of half the pitch under water. Left home at 6am on a wing and a prayer. Pulled into Carlisle at 12.15 and still didnt know if on or off. Got to the ground and well.. That below ground level car park was up to the pavement (about 6 foot of water) Game on and the pitch was actually pretty good. Cracking night out after and the 8.30 train back home Sunday. I like going to Carlisle.
bluebry

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 22:16:30 »

Great football memories bluebry and like Swindon we had one season in the top league and doubt if it we will ever see that again in our lifetime.

That must have been a really strange experience with so many affected and must have took years for the area to recover and I hope that they have put things in place to stop it happening again

Well they have ....sort of???
There has been extra floodbanks built which can contain 'one river'. Unfortunately Carlisle is built on 3 rivers, The Eden, The Caldew and the Pettril, but it will take just one of those to burst its banks and then flow into the others causing a domino affect, so all the more likely it can and probably will happen again, sadly.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 22:25:54 »

That's always the worry and god knows how they sell those houses

So, give no fucks
bluebry

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 22:34:24 »

That's always the worry and god knows how they sell those houses

Most of the houses have been sold, some have been 'turned upside down' so to speak, bedrooms on the ground floor and kitchen and living rooms in the old bedrooms upstairs, which limits the damage if it floods again. There is also a lot of 'student lets' because landlords have got them cheap.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 22:36:06 »

At least owners have made the most of a bad situation

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 23:02:49 »

I went to the "flooded" game. Sheesh how you ever got that game on i have no idea. Went to bed the night before with photos of half the pitch under water. Left home at 6am on a wing and a prayer. Pulled into Carlisle at 12.15 and still didnt know if on or off. Got to the ground and well.. That below ground level car park was up to the pavement (about 6 foot of water) Game on and the pitch was actually pretty good. Cracking night out after and the 8.30 train back home Sunday. I like going to Carlisle.

I like Carlisle
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 23:09:40 »

I like Carlisle

Its a fuck site better than south London for sure
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 00:23:45 »

Hallam, it’s Hallam.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 03:18:20 »

Can we have chants along the lines of “You’ve got no Hope”?

Thank you.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 03:25:00 »

Give me Hope, and then a
Give me Hope, and then a
Give me Hope, and then a
Give hope until the 3 points come.

Needs some work, but I think you'll get the gist.

(Eddie Grant, in case it was missed)

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 06:56:29 »

You've got no Hope, we've got one he's called Ha-llam,
You've got no Hope, that why you'll score no goals,
He is strong, when playing off the shoul-der,
He'll raise us up, towards the Premier League.

Can we have chants along the lines of “You’ve got no Hope”?

Thank you.

This is all your fault.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 08:09:45 »

We've  got Hope,  hallum
 We've got Hope,  hallum
we've got l Hope, hallum
when the goal rush comes

ok needs better/more lyrics
KingsOfChaos

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 09:38:08 »

So who’s out on the town in Carlisle after we (fingers crossed) pick up all three points today?
Any recommendations on where to go for a good night out, been a long time since I’ve been!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 09:57:23 »

Carlisle manager Beech getting the excuses in early -

“They’re League One players on League One budgets.”

“I know managers will play it down but they have got a massive budget, because I do know of some of the players they’ve recruited – I did have a little knock on the door myself and didn’t get them.”

“The pressure is really on them to make sure they can back up their investment and get promoted. On us is the challenge to say ok, we’re taking on the best in the league".

“They’re backed up with a right-footed left-back [Rob Hunt] and [Paul] Caddis with his experience. People would think, ‘We can get at him, run at him, he’s getting old’ but it doesn’t work like that, they use their bodies well, get help off the linesmen and referees, talk them in, almost referee the games – young referees get sucked into the way they go about that, they’re very clever".
Pretty fair comments really - I've said all season that we look like a L1 side and it can't come cheap. And Caddis and Grant (and others I'm sure) are masters in the dark art of shithousery.

I assume the curse of the ex-player works for us as well as against us so...

0-2 Hope, Yates (Doyle's long barren run to continue  Wink)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: