Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wedding venue help  (Read 5697 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 15:32:09 »

Isn't paying anyone for anything lining their pockets?

Sounds like you know exactly what you want, which is a great start (I had no idea). One thing I will say is that if you do plan on partying all hours in somewhere like a barn - try and make sure no one lives nearby. If a neighbour complains the police will probably shut it down, even if everyone is behaving. Speaking from experience Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 15:37:38 »

This is a working idea Bazza....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-41317297
Barry Scott

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 16:24:47 »

Been to this place a couple of times for wifes work do.  Pretty nice.

http://www.wellingtonbarn.co.uk/

Out by the white horse at Cherhill.

Thanks, I'll have a butchers.

"Most venues have curfews as well, which sadly is an absolutely non-negotiable factor for us. We see our wedding as a party (we're planning NYE) where we just happen to get married. Our original idea was a friends field, but she's an absolute psycho who loves micromanaging"

Congratulations Barry. This bit was interesting to me as when we were planning our wedding we  were originally going to do it NYE as well. However because we eventually settled for Galway in Ireland as our wedding location, it just wasn't feasible for people with regards to travel and childcare costs for NYE, so we ended up doing the 30th December and then having a party the next night with the remaining friends and family that could/would stay. It was fantastic doing it at that time of the year!

The other good thing about Ireland was that there was no curfew as such. From memory the wedding night finished about 2am and the residents bar was open until last man standing.

Thanks, we've actually been engaged now for over 2 years, just couldn't be arsed with marriage. (We should've thought that through!)

Sounds ace, sadly going that far afield wouldn't work for us, but 30th is a good idea.

Haha, I'm not that cheeky. It's our fault, we have to suffer the consequences of it.

Isn't paying anyone for anything lining their pockets?

Sounds like you know exactly what you want, which is a great start (I had no idea). One thing I will say is that if you do plan on partying all hours in somewhere like a barn - try and make sure no one lives nearby. If a neighbour complains the police will probably shut it down, even if everyone is behaving. Speaking from experience Smiley

Ha, yeah, paying anyone is lining their pockets. Smiley I should've been clearer. I meant paying people extra just because they know we're getting married. That's absolutely not happening if I can help it.

Location wise, fortunately we're making sure all is good for our requirements.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: