Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The science behind boiling piss  (Read 10860 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 11:08:59 »

set all the Swindon Town type twitter accounts to have notifications on and have your phone next to you on your desk and you'll see when the news arrives.

A watched pot never boils, or some such piss! Smiley

Does piss boil hotter or colder than water?

#questionfortheday
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 11:26:29 »

I'm going to guess colder, although the expression 'makes my piss boil' could suggest hotter?

Probably a discussion not for the STFC Transfer Rumours thread as people will get arsey.

It would boil hotter as essentially it water with impurities. Of course, It also depends on what altitude you're boiling your piss as well.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 11:27:01 »

I'm going to guess colder, although the expression 'makes my piss boil' could suggest hotter?

Probably a discussion not for the STFC Transfer Rumours thread as people will get arsey.
Do you know what REALLY boils my piss?

My heated car seats Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 11:28:38 »

Does piss boil hotter or colder than water?

#questionfortheday
After letting everyone down last night, I think the least Batch owes us all is to ruin his kettle by answering this question for us. The TEF awaits
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 11:32:31 »

After letting everyone down last night, I think the least Batch owes us all is to ruin his kettle by answering this question for us. The TEF awaits

To spare Batch ruining his kettle...

The boiling point is slightly raised by comparison with pure water. The amount it rises depends on the molality of the solution, which is essentially related to the number of particles in solution. Remember also that the boiling point of water itself depends on the surrounding air pressure, so you have to specify that as well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 11:37:44 »

To spare Batch ruining his kettle...

The boiling point is slightly raised by comparison with pure water. The amount it rises depends on the molality of the solution, which is essentially related to the number of particles in solution. Remember also that the boiling point of water itself depends on the surrounding air pressure, so you have to specify that as well.
FFS, I didn't care about the answer, just wanted Batch to ruin his kettle by way of penance. And then explain to his bemused family why they can't use the kettle until he's been to Argos* to get a new one.

*other kettle vendors are available
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 11:49:01 »

I assume it boils hotter if you are dehydrated? Perhaps thats the research Batch can undertake?
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 12:23:56 »

Things are always making Audrey's piss boil, he might know? Does it boil hotter out in Greece is another question?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 12:55:12 »

I presume after piss boils it is safe to drink, maybe Batch could test that out for us?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 12:57:15 »

I presume after piss boils it is safe to drink, maybe Batch could test that out for us?
He did, it made his luscious mullet fall out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 13:04:19 »

At the risk of taking us down the same road that led to the TEF deciding, yes, it is possible to polish a turd...piss is sterile and safe to drink.

Batch can thank me later for getting him out of that one.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 13:04:23 »

I think it's safe to drink cold piss. Bear Grylls regularly drinks his piss unboiled, although he may recommend boiling it if you're drinking someone else's piss.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 13:14:02 »

Freshly brewed piss is intrinsically ‘warm’ anyway. What sort of perv would store it until it went cold only to then boil it?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 13:14:50 »

I think it's safe to drink cold piss. Bear Grylls regularly drinks his piss unboiled, although he may recommend boiling it if you're drinking someone else's piss.

But Bear Grylls is a cunt.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 13:20:26 »

At the risk of taking us down the same road that led to the TEF deciding, yes, it is possible to polish a turd...piss is sterile and safe to drink.

Batch can thank me later for getting him out of that one.

Shhh, just trying to get Batch to drink piss, he deserves it.  If he had done his job properly he could have had a coffee and OJ this morning in the Marriott.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: