Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Work/Dress shirts  (Read 7464 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 17:25:03 »

Was it Bob's Orange who asked the other day about "Virtue Signalling" and what it meant? Just read the derailing of this thread. And PP, you're right, it's not always the right who use the term, I now realise.

I've only ever seen/heard it used as a put down by alt right types

However, your latest weak attempt at a put down would tie in with your previous thoughts....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 18:14:54 »

My misses got me 2 new shirts at the weekend. Does this mean I'm a Nazi?

So it's a choice between Reg's hairshirt approach and your Herr Shirt approach ....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 18:40:22 »

I've had my current selection of work shirts for some time now and i'm going to have to bite the bullet and get rid of a lot of them as I've noticed they have badly frayed collars and cuffs. (oooooooh matron!!)

I resent spending a lot of money on work clothes and prefer to shop on the internet rather than in a physical store.

Anyone got some tips on the best place to get work shirts that won't break the bank? My office is fairly relaxed so don't require fancy shirts with cufflinks etc, just a basic cotton job will do.

Danke.

I've been getting my work shirts from TM Lewin for 20 years.  They're not the best quality, but they last a few years.  I tend, like you, to wear them to destruction and then throw them all out at the same time as buying a new batch.  I used to work just off Jermyn Street where they had a flagship store (like a lot of other shirt makers). These days, I just buy online.  Just beware of the sizing.  'Slim fit' does not mean slim.

Also got in to the habit when I first started working (25 yes ago) of buying double cuff shirts.  And I cant drop it.  Its v old fashioned these days, but I'm still a cuff link man.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 18:42:14 by Ardiles » Logged
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 18:51:35 »

However, your latest weak attempt at a put down would tie in with your previous thoughts....
Do you wear a tie Reg ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 19:39:59 »

Do you wear a tie Reg ?

I've actually got a collection if ties, but haven't worn one since I last did some work, which is about 2 and a half years now.

I know it will be controversial on here, but I quite liked Dave Mackay ties for the STFC connection..... pride of place in the collection goes to my 1962/63 promotion players commemorating tie and 69 players LC winning tie.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 19:55:56 »

I've actually got a collection if ties, but haven't worn one since I last did some work, which is about 2 and a half years now.

I know it will be controversial on here, but I quite liked Dave Mackay ties for the STFC connection..... pride of place in the collection goes to my 1962/63 promotion players commemorating tie and 69 players LC winning tie.
Fair play Reg, apart from the Dave Mackay one.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 20:17:45 »

Charles Tyrwhitt for me. very good quality and dont break the bank; can pick them up for about 30quid each if you buy 4. 6 month guarantee on them.

buy quality or buy twice
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: