Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Work/Dress shirts  (Read 7572 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:46:31 »

I've had my current selection of work shirts for some time now and i'm going to have to bite the bullet and get rid of a lot of them as I've noticed they have badly frayed collars and cuffs. (oooooooh matron!!)

I resent spending a lot of money on work clothes and prefer to shop on the internet rather than in a physical store.

Anyone got some tips on the best place to get work shirts that won't break the bank? My office is fairly relaxed so don't require fancy shirts with cufflinks etc, just a basic cotton job will do.

Danke.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:48:39 »

Matalan or Primark.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:50:24 »

I know its a bit cliché but the best value vs quality vs longivity I always buy M & S.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:56:14 »

Matalan and M & S look like they will do the job. They do packs of 3/5 which should do the job.

I know its a bit cliché but the best value vs quality vs longivity I always buy M & S.

I tend to agree actually.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:02:47 »

H&M easy iron. Usually about £10, last ages and the checked ones don't even need ironing. Just get them out the washer and hang them straight away.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:07:14 »

Another vote for H&M here. The place is good value in general.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:08:51 »

H&M easy iron. Usually about £10, last ages and the checked ones don't even need ironing. Just get them out the washer and hang them straight away.

Oh really? The non-iron shirts I have always bought always need to be bloody ironed. I'll maybe need to give the H&M ones a whirl!

Panda Paws

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:29:39 »

M & S - I wear their cotton Oxford shirt for work every day. Only £20 a go and last forever.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:39:43 »

M & S - I wear their cotton Oxford shirt for work every day. Only £20 a go and last forever.
Well buy two then and change it every other day, you smelly git Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:46:28 »

And I hope everyone spits on it too.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:50:58 »

And I hope everyone spits on it too.
How very Heart of Midlothian!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:58:09 »

How very Heart of Midlothian!

Really? I was going for a bit more parochial.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:01:51 »

Like most things in H&M do they size incredibly small? I have bought casual shirts from their and whilst I am not remotely broad shouldered they are always very tight across the shoulders!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:06:44 »

And the TEF's drift from sweary, edgy blokiness into middle-aged mumsnet continues inexorably.

How are we going to get the new blood in with this sort of pulse-raising stuff? Please someone think of the kids!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:15:19 »

And the TEF's drift from sweary, edgy blokiness into middle-aged mumsnet continues inexorably.

How are we going to get the new blood in with this sort of pulse-raising stuff? Please someone think of the kids!

Must have missed that bit....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: