Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 77962 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #540 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:02:56 »

I saw Bad Manners play in Yeovil in 2006 ish. They were decent.
I was at that gig, in The Rock.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:05:09 »

We got to the CGH around 2.30 and it was very busy. Went into the beer garden.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:07:41 »

I didn't miss a minute, and Exeter did not get the ball near our net at any other point in the game - a couple of easy collects for Benda and that was it.
Think they are getting confused with when Doughty was clipped and their guy was in behind but the lino waved his flag late for the foul.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:14:51 »

Exeter fans seemed really quiet considering their numbers.........The game was ruined by the wind

There you go. Sound refraction meant we could only ever be heard by those in the heavens, and they obviously don't support us !

Horrible day, glad y'all enjoyed it, sort of.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #544 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:27:45 »

There you go. Sound refraction meant we could only ever be heard by those in the heavens, and they obviously don't support us !

Horrible day, glad y'all enjoyed it, sort of.
I have no doubt the wind took the sound away from the ground but it genuinely sounded quiet near the Town End.

Great turn out from you lot though, fair play.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #545 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:29:56 »

We got to the CGH around 2.30 and it was very busy. Went into the beer garden.
Yeah it was heaving so me and Gaz went to get our seat about 20 mins prior to KO in the end, catch you next time 4D along with the smelly arsed Flashman!

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:31:55 »

His guts were on form, unfortunately  Sad
Peter Venkman

« Reply #547 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:34:01 »

His guts were on form, unfortunately  Sad

Cheap Cornish beer always does that to a mans insides!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #548 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:44:29 »

Funny how we played against Colchester last Tuesday and they say they have the best keeper in the division, then Saturday the Exeter fans say they have the best keeper in the division.

I have to beg to differ we have easily the best keeper in the division, big fucking German, we got a big fucking German....

He is far superior to both Gherkin(sp) and Ward IMO.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:47:51 »

Funny how we played against Colchester last Tuesday and they say they have the best keeper in the division, then Saturday the Exeter fans say they have the best keeper in the division.

I have to beg to differ we have easily the best keeper in the division, big fucking German, we got a big fucking German....

He is far superior to both Gherkin(sp) and Ward IMO.

I've always rated Gerken actually, and he was very good last week. We could do worse than to sign him up when Benda goes back, as he surely will. That was Exeter's reserve keeper on Saturday, and he wasn't up to much.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #550 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 13:56:24 »

I've always rated Gerken actually, and he was very good last week. We could do worse than to sign him up when Benda goes back, as he surely will. That was Exeter's reserve keeper on Saturday, and he wasn't up to much.
Gerken is pretty decent TBF but I honestly think Benda is better. Flinders is another keeper does well against us. Yes if we go up and Colchester dont then he could well be a target, but hes only a year and a bit younger than LMc.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:03:17 »

Gerken is pretty decent TBF but I honestly think Benda is better. Flinders is another keeper does well against us. Yes if we go up and Colchester dont then he could well be a target, but hes only a year and a bit younger than LMc.

Sure, but we'll only ever be able to afford Benda on loan. Great if we're allowed another year of him if we go up, but it's not worth spending big bucks on a keeper. If he doesn't come back, we either need to get another bright young hope on loan, or invest in someone like Gerken or Flinders. Keepers' shelf-life is a lot better than outfield players.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:07:37 »

Benda also has a very good footballing brain as well. You could tell the wind was a huge factor on Saturday yet his kicking was highly intelligent. Whereas the Exeter keeper's kicking was brainless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:10:24 »

Benda also has a very good footballing brain as well. You could tell the wind was a huge factor on Saturday yet his kicking was highly intelligent. Whereas the Exeter keeper's kicking was brainless.

But can someone explain to me why Saturday, of all days, we chose to go long with every kick, rather than playing it out like we have all season? I can't remember a single short goal-kick. It was perverse how much the ball was in the air all afternoon in fact.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:11:15 »

Benda is the only one out of the 3 that has a chance of a career in the top flight and it looks like he has a very good chance of that happening as he’s only 21. Imagine he is on the radar of a lot of clubs.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: