Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 77808 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 09:14:06 »

Over 11,000 home fans shows that there is still interest in the club over and above the 6 or 7,000 regulars.
Bodes well if ever there was another period of sustained success.

Hope is yet another new signing who appears to have settled straight in.
That's credit to the coaching staff and also to the (footballing) intelligence of the players that have come in over the season.

Not sure who the guy with the auburn hairpiece was that took Batch's seat in the DRS.
A lucky charm. He'll have to make it to the rest of the home games.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 09:25:57 »

So great to win infront of a bumper crowd. This must be our first win over Exeter for years? Anyone remember our last off the top of their head??

That 'wind tunnel' comment I just..I can't even...

Edit: Oct 4th 2011 2-1 win in the Johnstones paint pot was our last win vs them.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 09:35:45 by river monster » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:07:51 »

Over 11,000 home fans shows that there is still interest in the club over and above the 6 or 7,000 regulars.

It's probably not quite that simple.  I'd imagine that a fairly high proportion of the 11,000 yesterday would think of themselves as regulars...or semi-regulars.  Not everyone goes to every game, and it's not the same 6,000-7,000 core fans turning out every week for the mundane games.  What happened yesterday, I'm guessing, is that a much higher proportion of the fans who probably turn up every 3 to 4 games all decided to turn up at once.

EDIT: But that, of course, doesn't contradict your main point that there is a good-sized fan base out there that's prepared to engage with the club when there is something there to be a part of.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:15:35 by Ardiles » Logged
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:19:19 »

My favourite comment from an Exeter fan

‘They purposely designed the CG to be a wind tunnel to give them an unfair advantage’

I’m sure that was uppermost in their minds when it was first built in 1896!

How the fuck does that give us an advantage? Without the wind we would have utterly destroyed them yesterday.

Obviously does give us an advantage. Never lost at The County Ground or been relegated have we. Why do you think we sing S-WIND-on?

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:26:49 »

Obviously does give us an advantage. Never lost at The County Ground or been relegated have we. Why do you think we sing S-WIND-on?

They've obviously never been to Darlington, Hartlepool, Grimsby, Middlesbrough, Newcastle or Sunderland!

So, give no fucks
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:28:32 »

Am sure it’s been said already, but Jayesimi was outstanding in the first half yesterday. Faded in the second, but they all did. His cross for Hope was beautiful.

Wasn’t particularly sold on him pre-Christmas, but since January he’s been one of our best players for me Clive

Things get better but they never get good
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:39:27 »

Am sure it’s been said already, but Jayesimi was outstanding in the first half yesterday. Faded in the second, but they all did. His cross for Hope was beautiful.

Wasn’t particularly sold on him pre-Christmas, but since January he’s been one of our best players for me Clive

Agreed. He seems to have learned when to keep
it simple and also how to use his obvious physical strength. Another of those that you hope we could keep for another year if we can go up, if he’s not in Norwich’s immediate plans.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:40:53 »

It's probably not quite that simple.  I'd imagine that a fairly high proportion of the 11,000 yesterday would think of themselves as regulars...or semi-regulars.  Not everyone goes to every game, and it's not the same 6,000-7,000 core fans turning out every week for the mundane games.  What happened yesterday, I'm guessing, is that a much higher proportion of the fans who probably turn up every 3 to 4 games all decided to turn up at once.

EDIT: But that, of course, doesn't contradict your main point that there is a good-sized fan base out there that's prepared to engage with the club when there is something there to be a part of.

Yes, that's a fair point.
Certainly didn't notice anyone asking where the clapping devices were or why there wasn't any VAR available!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:47:06 »

Yes, that's a fair point.
Certainly didn't notice anyone asking where the clapping devices were or why there wasn't any VAR available!

Imagine if we had the happy clapping devices like Fulham do!

So, give no fucks
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 12:00:39 »

Can't wait for this game, big crowd, a lot of buzz, feels like a playoff semi final game.

A hard fought 2-1 victory in front of 12,300 fans.

Should've put a bet on it, what a knobhead.

That's my fifth victory in a row.
I'm obviously not taking all the credit though.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 12:05:45 »

Head says it'll be a close game and we might nick it 2-1.     Fuck that! Yates and GP will be so fired up that we'll smash em 4 zip.

Same here - should have listened to the old block and put and bet on.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #521 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 12:48:10 »

Looking at the replay, Doyle was nowhere near the ball for his goal.

He's so good he doesn't even have to touch the ball to score.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #522 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 12:56:19 »

Looking at the replay, Doyle was nowhere near the ball for his goal.

He's so good he doesn't even have to touch the ball to score.

It went in off his aura.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 13:08:08 »

Same here - should have listened to the old block and put and bet on.

I had town to win and BTTS
Also Doyle as first scorer, well happy to find sky bet had paid that one out
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 13:42:30 »

It went in off his aura.

It’s confusing. I was Townend edge of drs and could barely see corner flag. Tannoy said own goal, doughy ran away as if it went straight it was amazed to see sky app say Doyle. The highlights iv replayed numerous times and can’t see anything for Doyle! Weird one
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: