Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 79532 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:13:01 »

This squad literally has everything now, absolutely no reason we shouldn’t go on to win the league. The Leicester lad looked decent in his cameo as well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:17:48 »

This squad literally has everything now, absolutely no reason we shouldn’t go on to win the league. The Leicester lad looked decent in his cameo as well.

Well we've got through the tough period of January including the window, relatively unscathed.  The addition of a couple of further bodies who can play up front is also a help as relying on 2 was always pushing it.  It's still got to be done, but is doable...
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:20:18 »

Going up  Pint
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:24:22 »

‘Twas not a game for the purists sadly. Doughty lucky again to be on the pitch at the end of 90 mins. Jerry and Pelé clearly need a few games to get back into the groove. Booth tried a bit to hard in wanting to show the fans their credentials which was understandable. Caddis MOTM, yes as were a few others but over all three points against a promotion rival, can’t argue with that.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:33:25 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:24:42 »

Also after watching what a complete jibbering wreck their keeper was it highlights just what a top keeper Benda is, wind made absolutely no difference to him.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:25:45 »

Highlights up

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11924090/swindon-2-1-exeter
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:25:59 »

Job very much done in tricky conditions against a good side. Grant, Caddis, DJ, REG impressive, and Yates' work rate off the ball was good. Pretty solid all round really. Very good three points to pick up.
woolster

« Reply #457 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:32:40 »

Also after watching what a complete jibbering wreck their keeper was it highlights just what a top keeper Benda is, wind made absolutely no difference to him.
so say they changed their keeper prior to the kick off
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:34:43 »

so say they changed their keeper prior to the kick off
Doesn’t take away from the fact he couldn’t kick a ball properly. Benda is able to to hit the opposition half in any conditions.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:41:14 »

Job very much done in tricky conditions against a good side. Grant, Caddis, DJ, REG impressive, and Yates' work rate off the ball was good. Pretty solid all round really. Very good three points to pick up.

Yates' work rate off the ball has been immense from the opening day at Sunny Scunny.  A class act in this division... and hopefully the one above next year.  I guess we have to hope Rotherham get promoted as well.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:43:57 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:42:30 »

They were struggling to find any highlights from the 2nd half  Cheesy

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:52:18 »

They were struggling to find any highlights from the 2nd half  Cheesy

I think we all were.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 18:59:56 »

I think Exeter had the quietest 2000 away fans I've ever not heard  Smiley

Had we changed ends at half-time, giving us the low tin roof, all in together and not battling a strong sou'westerly throughout, we might have been as quiet as you ! Seriously.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 19:03:18 »

Been out since October with a broken arm, plate job. A tough return in those conditions when rusty. That said, Benda's distribution was far superior.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 19:09:08 »

The conditions ruined the game as a spectacle, but I still enjoyed it. I think the effort was there for all to see, we battled.

I am sure Exeter will be miffed at not getting a point. But frankly who cares. I think we edged it anyway..

Good to meet JJ too pre-match.

Don't think you'd have had too many complaints had we nicked a point, but agree that Town edged it overall. We were miffed by the performance of the officials at times, that's for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: