Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester U v Swindon Pre Match Chat and Matchday Thread  (Read 67170 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:24:29 »

That痴 me told!

You lot are all Reg-lites!
No, just realistic.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:27:25 »

I値l revisit this thread later this evening with a fucking humongous

I TOLD YOU SO!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:31:50 »

I値l revisit this thread later this evening with a fucking humongous

I TOLD YOU SO!
Thats some confidence, nobody has said we definately won't win, nobody has said we can't win, only you have said that you expect us to win and not lose though.

Nobody is gloating IF we don't win, but you will be gloating IF we win? OK then.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:35:04 »

Audrey is either looking for a name change or a ColU tattoo on his arse  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:39:35 »

Audrey is clearly in a very good place. Retired and living in the sun. I'll hopefully have the same level of positivity when I get to that stage in life!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:41:41 »

Thats some confidence, nobody has said we definately won't win, nobody has said we can't win, only you have said that you expect us to win and not lose though.

Nobody is gloating IF we don't win, but you will be gloating IF we win? OK then.

It痴 nothing to do with gloating. I just don稚 see the logic of not expecting to win a game when, at the moment, we are the best team in the league.

Of course we may get beat, but I知 not expecting it.

Hoping to win a game is for those at the bottom
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:44:02 »

For some reason I have a little feeling that we're gonna slap them 3 or 4 nil. A bit like what Luton did to us a couple of years ago after we beat them at theirs earlier in that season.

Tho let it be said that many times in the past my confidence in a town win has been misplaced so wouldn't put money on it!

Incidentally, my betting can make or break careers, since pele went back to bradford ive bet on them to win and him to score in every one of their games. Just doing my bit for Ritchie and the lads!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:51:46 »

Tho let it be said that many times in the past my confidence in a town win has been misplaced so wouldn't put money on it!
EXACTLY my point.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:55:41 »

I feel like I'm heading there to the Insert Sponsorship Name Stadium tonight in hope, rather than expectation. Col U are a good side who have our number this season, so I think it's dumb to expect to beat them. Of course we can, we can beat everyone in this division but we're not at our strongest at the moment.

I said to the excitable but very likable Marley chap on Twitter, these two results won't define our season. I almost feel like, in some ways, the signing of Doyle and Yates might be more important... maybe
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:00:13 »

Yea for sure. The more I think about doughty and Grant in midfield the more I feel we can win this. Those two are pure class in the middle, in different ways.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 12:01:14 »

Yea for sure. The more I think about doughty and Grant in midfield the more I feel we can win this. Those two are pure class in the middle, in different ways.
Absolutely, with Lyden back to do the running around thats a bloody strong midfield 3.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:06:54 »

Pre match getting the best out of this rufescent / titian coloured pint in The Moon and Starfish.
Taking the medicinal waters in Clacton today.
Must be one of the youngest here. Is this where Essex people come to die?

Apparently The Bard of Salford, the great John Cooper Clarke lives in Colchester.
Would love to try out "ou est la maison de fromage?" on some unsuspecting Parisian one day.

Tuesday night away wins are a difficult task for most teams.
We've done it here before, almost 7 years to the day ago, a good one. Their relative rarity does mean that they stick in the mind.

The defence tonight needs to be tighter than the clenched buttocks of a beginner in a mambo dance class. (Batch?!)

Given our hard earned league position, would be surprised and not a little disappointed if we lost tonight.
Just doesn't feel like an 8th league defeat is on the cards for some reason.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:11:55 »

I have decided to completely re-use my pre-match thoughts from the Vale thread, just changing the opposition name:

"We can't rely on If's But's and Maybe's, we can only deal in OST facts.

We are top of the league FACT!

Good chance to solidify that in this game - CU did a number on us lat time, I think with the in game injuries we let that happen a bit.  I am confident that we will do well if we can impose our game and get through without players being ravaged by in game injuries."
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:16:30 »

However we do have a little buffer, so perhaps can just about afford bad Tuesdays at ColU and Cobblers.  

Given I recall a cracking away game at Cobblers with a Cox hat trick, packed away end and a win, I predict the same again...Yates hat trick this time.  :-)

I realise this has no bearing on anything.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 13:17:26 »

I'm an iFollow virgin and have just subscribed to video of tonight's match.

Can anyone tell me if the match link appears on the club website, and at what time? I guess I can view from the desktop? Thank you.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: