Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester U v Swindon Pre Match Chat and Matchday Thread  (Read 67349 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 11:20:18 »

Me too and we're top! Win Saturday and the gap gets bigger...

Exactly...... nothing to do with what punters on other fora say or media pundits, but hard evidence, you show you're better than others by beating them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 11:24:55 »

You do realise that managers often say stuff about a side by way of tactics... nothing to do with what they really think.

Pundits got to say something and are often well wide of the mark.... there are one or two, who are worth a listen but mostly not.
Lot of these managers praising us have been managers from L1 and the Championship that they have had on as guests.

Almost most pundits on there, other than the presenter, have been football league players themselves so surely they must have some insight?

I am guessign that you don't watch it and listen to the comments then?

Or is that  just down to fans to have an opinion now so we can safely ignore ex players and managers?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 11:26:19 »

Lot of these managers praising us have been managers from L1 and the Championship that they have had on as guests.

Almost most pundits on there, other than the presenter, have been football league players themselves so surely they must have some insight?

I am guessign that you don't watch it and listen to the comments then?

Or is that  just down to fans to have an opinion now so we can safely ignore ex players and managers?

Reg doesn't have a TV remember, its too right wing!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 11:28:09 »

Exactly...... nothing to do with what punters on other fora say or media pundits, but hard evidence, you show you're better than others by beating them.
EXACTLY! as we are! so you have disagreed with yourself. We are top therefore we have been the best so far. The outstanding team so far.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 11:30:04 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 11:42:28 »

EXACTLY! as we are! so you have disagreed with yourself. We are top therefore we have been the best so far. The outstanding team so far.

But we have a fragile lead which at this point of the season, just puts us in the mix. Nowt wrong with that makes it interesting.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 11:58:06 »

But we have a fragile lead which at this point of the season, just puts us in the mix. Nowt wrong with that makes it interesting.

In the mix for promotion, not in the mix for the play-offs at this point.

Our excellent form came when we had a settled team including the leagues two top scorers. It's looking very much like we will be back in a position where they will both be back in the first 11 very soon so there's no reason to think we won't be able to start winning more games that we're not winning. Teams around us aren't winning all their games either!

You can either enjoy our situation and look forward to us achieving something, or furrow your brow that we're not 20 points clear and other teams might catch us. I know which I prefer.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 11:59:49 »

It's a lot tighter in the top 6 than I would like at the moment
TownEnder

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 12:01:01 »

Fragile lead, but, never the less - THE LEAD, we are there on merit, its up to the others to catch us.
Flashheart

« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 12:02:57 »

I'd be more comfortable with a larger lead - no doubt we all would.

Having said that, we are in a better position that I was expecting to be in considering we're coming out of a tough run of games. (and with notable absences).
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 12:06:06 »

We are the best team in this league. FACT! I've known it since we ripped Orient a new one in September. It's not up for debate as far as I'm concerned.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 12:21:24 »

Given the January set of fixtures to still be top is excellent, I’m more convinced now than a month ago that we will get a top 3 spot.

Not bothered about the title, that’s just a bonus
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 12:43:37 »

We are the best team in this league. FACT! I've known it since we ripped Orient a new one in September. It's not up for debate as far as I'm concerned.
Agreed....I went to the first home game of the season and said then that we would win the league. I've seen nothing since to dispel my optimism.

Last night Town were a class above Colchester and on almost any other day would have buried them. Some defensive sloppiness did for us but that hasn't happened often this season and if 2 or 3 of the chances created had been put away I doubt Colchester would have scored. They must have gone away from the game not believing their luck.....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 12:50:56 »

Agreed....I went to the first home game of the season and said then that we would win the league. I've seen nothing since to dispel my optimism.

Last night Town were a class above Colchester and on almost any other day would have buried them. Some defensive sloppiness did for us but that hasn't happened often this season and if 2 or 3 of the chances created had been put away I doubt Colchester would have scored. They must have gone away from the game not believing their luck.....
When you follow a team year in in year out. You don't need evidence or data or statistics. You don't need to know what anyone else says or thinks. When you are good, and on those all too rare occasions when you are the best, you just... fucking... know it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 13:00:04 »

I was trying to remember after which game it was that I compared us to 95-96, Reg will no doubt tell me.

I haven't changed my mind on that - when we play to our best, we are head and shoulders above the league.  Very few teams attain that every week, so some teams will have had the better of us on the day, and then there are two teams that (when they play a certain way, under certain conditions and with the right players out on the pitch) have our number based on physical attributes, not technical.  There are other teams that play that way but they don't have the right blend to be better than us when we are on form.

Just to be clear - that still needs us to be playing well, we can still slip up and look poor, so some fans of other teams may not see it from us.  Across a season though, this type of team rarely avoids being in the mix at the top.

We won't win every game left from here, but we will win many more than we lose, and that will see us up I believe.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 13:03:47 »

I was trying to remember after which game it was that I compared us to 95-96, Reg will no doubt tell me.

I haven't changed my mind on that - when we play to our best, we are head and shoulders above the league.  Very few teams attain that every week, so some teams will have had the better of us on the day, and then there are two teams that (when they play a certain way, under certain conditions and with the right players out on the pitch) have our number based on physical attributes, not technical.  There are other teams that play that way but they don't have the right blend to be better than us when we are on form.

Just to be clear - that still needs us to be playing well, we can still slip up and look poor, so some fans of other teams may not see it from us.  Across a season though, this type of team rarely avoids being in the mix at the top.

We won't win every game left from here, but we will win many more than we lose, and that will see us up I believe.

Was that the McMahon promotion year with Steve Finney up front (I think)?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: