Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester U v Swindon Pre Match Chat and Matchday Thread  (Read 67855 times)
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 22:14:44 »

Wellens:

Yates - will ring them tomorrow..

Doyle - wait and see tomorrow (didn't say it was done)
Also Wellens

Muskwe - big strong and quick feet, watched few times scored against league oppo in trophy

Thought players were over confident, too many flicks/tricks at 0-1

Worst 20 mins for last 13-14 games

Isgrove injured in warm up

Keeper pulled off 3-4 wonderful saves; shouldn’t have let him have the chance to save wit better finishing.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 22:18:22 by wazzared » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 22:24:08 »

Just got back to Essex hotel and havent read back.

That was there for the taking...enough chances to win six matches...it just didnt happen...

Benda had fuck all to do but pick the ball out the net.

I thought our goal was offside but the hopeless Lino missed it as he did much of the play.

Colchester manager played a blinder, couldnt play it through us, so brought on Norris and went direct....superb move, we collapsed.

We cannot attack or defend set pieces a real weakness of us this season.

Hopefully more and maybe proven bodies in by Saturday and we can get the 9 odd wins to get out this division.

Hate Colchester....never seen us get a win or draw in four games now. Sad

Least i dont have to drive home tonight!

Clems Army!
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 23:08:48 »

Also Wellens

Muskwe - big strong and quick feet, watched few times scored against league oppo in trophy

Thought players were over confident, too many flicks/tricks at 0-1

Worst 20 mins for last 13-14 games

Isgrove injured in warm up

Keeper pulled off 3-4 wonderful saves; shouldn’t have let him have the chance to save wit better finishing.

Agree with everything RW said here
Panda Paws

« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 23:10:51 »

Just got home. So frustrating to lose that. Should have been out of sight and then we failed to deal with the artillery coming on.

All very patchy. DJ, Doughty were unplayable for 20 mins but not enough top performances and not enough grit to see it out.

Also the ref. I hate moaning about refs but this guy was something else. Gave everything for 60 mins then just ignored 20 mins of blatant fouling and assault, including a stonewall pen seconds before their second goal.

Just watched the goals. Not Benda's finest performance.

God I hate that place.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 23:13:20 by Panda Paws » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 23:15:40 »

Oh well. Shades of the cup game. Keeper motm. Again.
Nouble coming on changed the game, but should have been further ahead before then.

Col U will be looking at autos now.
At least they and Newport are out of the way and both will cause problems for the other top teams in games to come.

Creativity is still there. Hopefully some good news tomorrow.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 01:12:46 »

How did he not book Eastman for grabbing and pulling the ball? Mental. Also I seem to remember quite a bad foul on Lyden that he just didn't see. He's not the reason we lost, no sour grapes here but fuck me he was bad at times

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 07:37:02 »

Weird game really. Colchester didn't bother us much until they scored and by that point we should've been clear. But the subs changed the game, they changed their plan and we didn't. Set peices aside, they weren't up to much. To lose a game you really should've won and concede 3 goals like that is very disappointing.

Ref missed a few biggies. How the tackle on Lyden wasnt even a yellow I've no idea and Noubles headlock on Baudry was a stonewall penalty but you win some, you lose some there.

Some tough games ahead but we need to put another run together soon. The positive is that even though we lost, we played some good football and had a fair few chances to score against a side that don't concede much.

Keep playing our game and with Doyle, Yates, Anderson et al coming back we should get promoted.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 07:41:50 »

I would go along with all of that. Would just add, if Woolery does leave before the end of the window I will not be crying myself to sleep...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 08:03:55 »

Yeah after all that I said yesterday, he pretty much summed up exactly what drives us up the wall about him last night.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 08:08:01 »

With Hope, Muskwe and potentially Yates and Doyle signing today, I can imagine we'll be shipping at least one out this week.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 08:28:02 »

With Hope, Muskwe and potentially Yates and Doyle signing today, I can imagine we'll be shipping at least one out this week.

It’s a balancing act of money, players and their agents expectations and positional requirement. It does lend itself to think like that. You’d put money on a candidate who is a big earner, nearing the end of a contract and is likely to be STR depending on who is coming in of course.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 08:34:14 »

Ha, I've only just seen that Crawley equalised at the end  Grin
Flashheart

« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 08:40:15 »

I did some numbers.

These are the average league positions of who the top 4 have yet to play

Swindon   15.06
Exeter      13.52
Crewe      13.00
Plymouth  12.83

I don't know what you can make of that, other than we have the easiest run in on paper.

I also went through and guessed the points haul of each team in their remaining games. It was quite rudimentary - going by nothing more than the opposition's league position and whether the game is home or away. The final point tallies were:

Swindon   96
Exeter      95
Plymouth  95
Crewe      90

This assumes a draw on Saturday - big game.

I might get around to adding a couple more teams because there's others still in the mix, but I need to get some work done.
Panda Paws

« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 09:00:44 »

Interesting Flashheart - I think it'll pan out as us, Plymouth and Exeter as the top 3, with the title going to the last day.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 09:15:18 »

Oh another random note, Michael Doughtys agent ended up sitting next to us last night.. or so he claimed.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: