Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bamboo's Wanky Wednesday Teaser (on a Thursday)  (Read 51733 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 08:10:34 »

Thanks for sharing Bamboo. I'm going to keep my eye on this as I think it would go well on the wall of the charity that we are currently volunteering for.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 08:11:42 »

Out of interest - what does that message translate as?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 15:41:02 »

Hey BO,

The graffiti message, in Spanish simply reads in English (translated by a Spanish friend at the time and also backed up in other online translations) as;

"We will bleed our ink into walls, until they fall and meet the earth."

For me it's a perfect metaphor to say "we will keep on going until that message is understood" build another wall? We'll keep on. It's much more broader in terms of adversity but I felt it relevant to this cause and especially for SARI.

I can/will provide a small info card with the print for display/educational purposes if required.

Thanks, Bamboo  Smiley

Edit: Who is the charity you're volunteering for?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 16:40:23 »

Hey BO,

The graffiti message, in Spanish simply reads in English (translated by a Spanish friend at the time and also backed up in other online translations) as;

"We will bleed our ink into walls, until they fall and meet the earth."

For me it's a perfect metaphor to say "we will keep on going until that message is understood" build another wall? We'll keep on. It's much more broader in terms of adversity but I felt it relevant to this cause and especially for SARI.

I can/will provide a small info card with the print for display/educational purposes if required.

Thanks, Bamboo  Smiley

Edit: Who is the charity you're volunteering for?

Cheers Bamboo. That makes sense!

When I say its me volunteering, I have done a couple of shifts at weekends but the wife is there more or less 5 times a week. Its a charity called Streets Kitchen which helps homeless. She is helping at the Brixton branch which is helping to feed and provide information and basic items (toothbrushes and toothpaste, books, information on where to get help etc) to over 100 homeless who are housed in Hotels across SW London.

https://www.streetskitchen.org/

Charity work has always something I've been interested in but never really deeply involved, i'd like to do some more of it the closer I get to being able to semi-retire/retire.

Remind me to keep an eye on your ebay listing as I have a terrible memory!! Smiley

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 17:14:43 »

Cheers Bamboo. That makes sense!

When I say its me volunteering, I have done a couple of shifts at weekends but the wife is there more or less 5 times a week. Its a charity called Streets Kitchen which helps homeless. She is helping at the Brixton branch which is helping to feed and provide information and basic items (toothbrushes and toothpaste, books, information on where to get help etc) to over 100 homeless who are housed in Hotels across SW London.

https://www.streetskitchen.org/

Charity work has always something I've been interested in but never really deeply involved, i'd like to do some more of it the closer I get to being able to semi-retire/retire.

Remind me to keep an eye on your ebay listing as I have a terrible memory!! Smiley

Wow, that's awesome. Huge huge credit to your wife (and yourself).  It's a big cliché but I genuinely believe in the mantra of "Charity doesn't start at home, but where it is needed." I know several people who don't agree with that sentiment (family included) but to me it is something that one shouldn't be vilified for believing in.

I used to spend a fair bit of time around Brixton, when I lived near Newbury I used to visit my friend a few times in South nodnoL. Most of his friends were of Caribbean descent and got to know a few of those blokes well too. Had some cracking evenings just down from Oval.

I'll give you a nudge or DM you the link to it in due course Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 02:54:31 »

For BO and anyone else here that might be interested in bidding on this auction. It ends at 7.35pm on Wednesday evening and all proceeds (minus eBay fees) will go to SARI (Stand Against Racism & Inequality).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charity-Bid-for-SARI-Stand-Against-Racism-Inequality-10x8-B-W-Print/184316400915

But also if you end up missing out, really like the print and still want to donate you can buy the print from my "shop". The image is 10x8 and printed on HQ Fuji Lustre, perfect for B&W prints.

https://bamb-o.myshopify.com/products/original-photography-by-bamb%C2%A9o-for-sari

Those who have previously won a print(s) via my Wanky Comp can probably vouch for the quality of the prints and how they come caringly packaged to ensure no damage is caused to the print. Two of which made it to France unscathed. All prints are sent tracked and shipping is covered by me.

Cheers,

Bamboo Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 15:57:16 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 15:56:58 »

Just a final push on this particular auction.

Around two and a half hours left on this to bid. All proceeds (less fees) go to SARI Charity (Stand Against Racism & Inequality). The item will be posted free and will include an info card upon request to the winner.

I know Bob's Orange was interested and wanted reminding. Obviously if anyone else wants to bid and support a great cause then that would be fantastic.

Auction ends at 7.35pm BST
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charity-Bid-for-SARI-Stand-Against-Racism-Inequality-10x8-B-W-Print/184316400915

Cheers,
Bamboo Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 08:05:48 »

Just a final push on this particular auction.

Around two and a half hours left on this to bid. All proceeds (less fees) go to SARI Charity (Stand Against Racism & Inequality). The item will be posted free and will include an info card upon request to the winner.

I know Bob's Orange was interested and wanted reminding. Obviously if anyone else wants to bid and support a great cause then that would be fantastic.

Auction ends at 7.35pm BST

Cheers,
Bamboo Smiley

Thanks for the reminder Bamboo. Sorry I missed the end of the auction.

I'm currently having a look at your website and might get something for the charities wall from it.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 03:31:14 »

Thanks for the reminder Bamboo. Sorry I missed the end of the auction.

I'm currently having a look at your website and might get something for the charities wall from it.

Ahh sorry BO, this got pushed down much further so missed this. Yeah for certain. Currently there is only the "Walls of Change" print that was featured in the auction and a t-shirt featuring an original image and design but I hope to be adding more.

In fact if there is any other print you would like, I can show you a selection of images that might be relevant for the charity wall? I Have a portfolio of archive images that you can view, if you wish? Most are 10x8 as standard. Can go larger, 16x20 as well.

But if you just want to buy the featured auction print then that's available on already at https://bamb-o.myshopify.com/

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:39:07 »

Ahh sorry BO, this got pushed down much further so missed this. Yeah for certain. Currently there is only the "Walls of Change" print that was featured in the auction and a t-shirt featuring an original image and design but I hope to be adding more.

In fact if there is any other print you would like, I can show you a selection of images that might be relevant for the charity wall? I Have a portfolio of archive images that you can view, if you wish? Most are 10x8 as standard. Can go larger, 16x20 as well.

But if you just want to buy the featured auction print then that's available on already at https://bamb-o.myshopify.com/

Yeah would be great to look at your prints, be nice to freshen up our walls at home as well if there is something that stands out.

Thanks for the link to that print.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 17:08:19 »

Yeah would be great to look at your prints, be nice to freshen up our walls at home as well if there is something that stands out.

Thanks for the link to that print.

I will DM you, so Valid Pint can get himself in a lather  Wink and of course to let you have a look at a selection. Think Red Frog and Exiled Bob were pretty pleased with theirs.

I shall drop a message later on. Feel free to nudge me if I forget.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Friday, June 12, 2020, 19:36:01 »

I will DM you, so Valid Pint can get himself in a lather  Wink and of course to let you have a look at a selection. Think Red Frog and Exiled Bob were pretty pleased with theirs.

I shall drop a message later on. Feel free to nudge me if I forget.

Cheers bamboo, appreciate it!

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 16:01:54 »

Have DM'd you mate.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: