Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 124. Alan O'Brien  (Read 6283 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:47:54 »

Indeed. I guess there are similarities between him and Woollery, in getting the crowd excited when on the ball, but you knew that nothing would come of it.
tbf I think Woolery's a better player than O'Brien. I liked O'Brien but he was a lot more pace than a footballer, Woolery could certainly do with improving his football side, but he's definitely a player with pace, rather than just all pace
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:58:15 »

tbf I think Woolery's a better player than O'Brien. I liked O'Brien but he was a lot more pace than a footballer, Woolery could certainly do with improving his football side, but he's definitely a player with pace, rather than just all pace

That's a fair point. Woolery shows flashes of skill and pace, but with usually with no end product. Obviously, if he was consistent and could score, he'd be plying his trade in the 1st, not 4th division.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:59:09 »

Woolery is a far better player than AOB was. Nowhere near the finished product yet but definately better.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:01:45 »

a player with pace, rather than just all pace

I agree, I think Woolery has a bit more Hale about him rather than Pace.  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:03:32 »

I agree, I think Woolery has a bit more Hale about him rather than Pace.  Pint
Taxi for bamboo!
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:15:53 »

I remember him being a poor player. Except for one game where he played an absolute blinder and then went back to being crap again.

They also had an exercise bike near the dugout so he could warm up his legs before coming on.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:36:16 »

I have mentioned this before, on the morning it came out that we had signed him I got a message from a Geordie mate it just said 'he can run really fast but he is not a footballer'

Pretty much on the money!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:38:33 »

He was exactly like Ricky Shakes just left footed, Irish and white...
Barry Scott

« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 16:57:24 »

We played someone on TV, I think, maybe Southampton? And a defender had about 15 yards on him running for a ball about 40 yards away and he beat the defender to it. I remember howling at the insanity of his pace.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 18:22:51 »

We played someone on TV, I think, maybe Southampton? And a defender had about 15 yards on him running for a ball about 40 yards away and he beat the defender to it. I remember howling at the insanity of his pace.
I remember that. It was Saints away. Helped set up a goal for Pericard in the JPT. Can't find any footage of it anywhere though.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: