Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lisbon  (Read 2528 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:59:42 »

Off for a long weekend next month. Usual TEF visitors tips of places to see and do, bars, restaurants etc appreciated.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:07:41 »

The Old Town area by the railway station and port is a great place to wander through the tight streets with bars and eateries. There’s a good market, too.

If possible get off the real Stadium of Light if Sporting are playing. Easy to get to on the metro.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:31:14 »

The Old Town area by the railway station and port is a great place to wander through the tight streets with bars and eateries. There’s a good market, too.

If possible get off the real Stadium of Light if Sporting are playing. Easy to get to on the metro.
Stadium of Light is Benfica mate - Sporting play at the Jose Alvalade  Wink...but in any case, definitely a good thing to do and relatively cheap compared to the UK. Saw Sporting play there a few years ago...got tickets from the Club on the morning of the game, no problem at all...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:33:44 »

Bloody hell. It was only last year I went there, too!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 15:50:05 »

Bloody hell. It was only last year I went there, too!

Pissed?  Wink
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 11:50:51 »

https://www.timeoutmarket.com/lisboa/
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 14:08:24 »

Thanks guys,

I noticed that Sporting Lisbon are at home that weekend but I doubt the wife ever wants to go to football again after I took her to see Swindon away to Millwall on Boxing day a few years ago!

We are staying in the old town, which looks like its going to have plenty of bars and restaurants to saunter around in. Never been to Portugal (apart from the Algarve on a stag which I don't count!) so looking forward to it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 17:22:54 »

Never been to Lisbon but I do love Old Town areas in most parts of the world (that I've visited). I am a smidge jealous BO!

It's North-West Spain but if you get a chance (not this time but sometime) head to A Coruna. Beautiful port and if the weather is kind, you'll fall in love. Plenty of history and a nice medieval Old Town.

Any way, enjoy Lisboa. While there if you can, ask for "Cerveja Coral, por favor!". Coral recently celebrated 50 years of production so there may be a few decent anniversary guest beers still available. The standard brew is pretty good though and cheaper than Sagres or Bock, usually.

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:31:32 »

Went there after the England Game last summer.

Lovely alleys and narrow streets. Wish i had spent more time there.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:51:41 »

Never been to Lisbon but I do love Old Town areas in most parts of the world (that I've visited). I am a smidge jealous BO!

It's North-West Spain but if you get a chance (not this time but sometime) head to A Coruna. Beautiful port and if the weather is kind, you'll fall in love. Plenty of history and a nice medieval Old Town.

Any way, enjoy Lisboa. While there if you can, ask for "Cerveja Coral, por favor!". Coral recently celebrated 50 years of production so there may be a few decent anniversary guest beers still available. The standard brew is pretty good though and cheaper than Sagres or Bock, usually.

Pint

Funnily enough Luxembourg has a huge enclave of Portuguese immigrants living there and so I am fairly familiar with Sagres or Super Bock (both way better than the Lux offerings)

Never heard of Coral but will be sure to give it a go Smiley

I love port as well so really looking forward to trying their delicacy. I wonder if they have it with cheese as we do sometimes?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: