Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 49992 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 21:53:02 »

There isn’t a midfielder in this league better at what he does than Grant, head and shoulders above any defensive midfielder I’ve seen at this level. Best compliment I can give him is he’s a lower league Fernandinho.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 22:07:57 »

Wrong thread but Pym's save for Posh v Rotherham was Gordon Banks levels of reactive. Brilliant.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 23:18:09 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 22:14:46 »

Wrong thread but Pym's save for Posh v Rotherham was Gorgon Banks levels of reactive. Brilliant.

And the Macclesfield winner against the Vegan Army would have graced the boots of Ronaldo.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 22:26:50 »

And the Macclesfield winner against the Vegan Army would have graced the boots of Ronaldo.

It wasn't Cooper's fault!

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 08:15:42 »

I think the only Port Vale touch in those highlights is the own goal
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 09:41:17 »

bit late to the party, but what a fantastic win. I know it's only 1 game, we still need that striker, but it's shut me right up.

watching on my phone from the luxurious Costa coffee next to York Travelodge it looked a very dominant performance.

really nice to see a Hope get off the mark too.

hopefully that we can still win and score goals will settle the fans down after a difficult fortnight
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 10:07:09 »

Big win as I fully expected us to lose. Bit dodgy at the start but as soon as we settled there was only one outcome. Really impressed with REG... Hope took his goal well and ran around a bit but nothing really to write home about.

Two very, very tough games coming up. Hopefully Yates comes back tomorrow.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 10:26:36 »

Big win as I fully expected us to lose. Bit dodgy at the start but as soon as we settled there was only one outcome. Really impressed with REG... Hope took his goal well and ran around a bit but nothing really to write home about.

Two very, very tough games coming up. Hopefully Yates comes back tomorrow.

You can add Cobblers away to that list, another mid weeker, so that's 3 of the next 4 look tough, before on paper it looks better.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 10:49:09 »

I bet on us not to score

You’re welcome Richie
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #384 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 11:29:58 »

Last few views on the game from yesterday from Vale fans.

I thought that’s Doughty and Grant showed the balance of strength, composure and quality that we need to  progress at this level. The ball inside Amoo is pure filth for the second and of course the free kick is a great strike too. I don’t think Grant broke sweat today. 

I attended and we were absolutely dreadful.
It was even for the first 10/15 until Grant decided he fancied running the show. He's had on us toast and made us look like amateurs today. Smith went off and we fell apart at the seams.
3-0 flattered us. Several good stops from Brown and bar Cullen's squandered effort we created absolutely zero, failing to test Benda once.
They are the top scorers in the division but have lost their two top scorers! There was 30 goals missing from their side today. Clinical doesn't cut it. We were outclassed.

Michael Doughty is also quite the baller. Impressed with him.
Doughty + Grant is a decent League 1 central midfield.

More than decent, they’re both comfortably league 1 standard. Their midfield was the big difference today. These two plus Jaiyesimi are better than anything we’ve got.

Swindon came out and were dreadful for the first 20 minutes, their left hand side was awful, they couldn’t keep the ball in play, but we didn’t capitalise on their shaky start by pressing them ourselves. When they came down our place I thought they were a really good footballing side, constantly trying to draw out our full backs and get runners in behind with clever movement, yet today their main tactic was to launch it and try and turn us around. In fact we looked so comfortable in that first half hour that I didn’t feel  like we’d get beat like we did.

Grant bullied us and 2 moments of quality from Doughty put them out of sight.
First time I've seen the players visibly wilt.

Swindon weren't even that good. We were woeful from 30 to 90 minutes there's no dressing it up.

Grant was pants when we beat them at home.

We deservedly beat them at home 2-0 and they beat us 3-0 yesterday. So overall 3-2 against what could well be the Champions elect is hardly the catastrophe some are making it out to be considering it wasn't our best 11 and we also lost Smith when it was 0-0 and it was a nothing game until that moment.

I don't think Grant has broke sweat at any point in his career. Which is why most of it has been spent in league 1 and 2 rather than the prem and championship.

I beg to differ regarding Grant, he was far from “pants” that day in my opinion.  Don’t forget he ended up playing centre half for much of the game, as Swindon were affected by injuries both before and during the game.

I thought he was very good and composed, as usual, both in midfield and when he was moved to emergency centre-back.

He was excellent for us and was pivotal in League 1 so he will really stand out in this p1ss-poor division.
Towards the end of his Vale spell there were clueless idiots on here spouting that we should get rid, we didn't need him and his attitude, etc.........we fell apart and were never the same after he'd gone - and still have nowhere near such impact and influence in midfield 3 years later

He was playing center half yesterday or sitting just in front of them and was MOM. Grant was the best player we had when he was at Vale and we were a division higher.

Looked like they played with 2 in front of their back 4, Grant being one of the 2.  Their midfield was far better than ours on the day.

There was no comparison between Grant and Joyce yesterday and that is why Swindon are top of the table.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 13:03:10 »

Good work again JJ. Some good comments on there. Not sure about the one which says our main tactic was to launch it, that's a bit of a 'quantum lock' kind of comment  Wink

Like these...
Michael Doughty is also quite the baller. Impressed with him.
Doughty + Grant is a decent League 1 central midfield.

More than decent, they’re both comfortably league 1 standard

Been saying since we played Orient at their place that we're essentially a L1 side playing in L2. I also said to Mrs Taylor yesterday before the game that with Doyle and Yates gone (for now), Doughty needs to step up, show what he can really do and start chipping in with a few goals. Yesterday was a very good start in that respect...

Edit: Keep seeing lots of mentions of 'bullying' particularly in relation to Grant...when it's us doing the bullying, this is a very good thing  Yes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #386 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 15:52:14 »

Grant is brilliant at this level, easily my MoMm they tried to bully him early dooes to make him lose his cool but he was the bigger man (literaly!) and never rose to the provocation.

The way he steamrollered their defence before nearly chipping the keeper was a joy to behold, he would have ran through a brick wall and came out on top!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 15:57:26 »

Enjoyed his visit to the town end at the end of the game  Smiley
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 16:38:21 »

Grant is brilliant at this level, easily my MoMm they tried to bully him early dooes to make him lose his cool but he was the bigger man (literaly!) and never rose to the provocation.

The way he steamrollered their defence before nearly chipping the keeper was a joy to behold, he would have ran through a brick wall and came out on top!
Grant beat their midfielders into submission mentally and physically yesterday, they wanted nothing to do with him.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: