Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 49995 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:06:03 »

Doyle at Bradford City:
7 appearances, 0 goals.

Doyle at Swindon:
23 appearances, 23 goals.

I'm going with this;

4apps 0 goals.

That's since Wellens polished him up and got him to a 1gpg ratio.
Bowyer brings him back down to earth with a 0 gpg ratio (in 4 games).

So after 30 apps, Doyle stock rose from 0 gpg to 1gpg. Of course it's still pretty high but since going back that 1gpg ratio has now dropped to 0.75 gpg.

I surmise;

Wellens polishes diamonds with vellum.
Bowyer awaits with coarse sandpaper.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:10:34 »

Man love for Grant, he was immense today. Jaiyesimi and Doughty ran him close for motm though. Woolery, although frustrating was causing Vale all sorts of problems, which created space and chances for others. Hope and REG were both solid. Vale were good opponents for us today, on a day when things could have turned ugly.

I left the game thinking I don't really care if we sign another striker or not, this team is good enough to win the league. Poor old Doyle, he must feel like he's been handed a prison sentence.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:24:35 »

First 20 mins looked very shabby from both teams, then it was like a switch came on for Swindon and suddenly we were looking dangerous, creating chances and so comfortable at the back.  In the end 3-0 flattered Vale.

Great performance from Grant who was deservedly MoM (and best player this season to-date, notwithstanding Doyle).  Thought Doughty was a pretty close second.  And everyone working so hard for each other.

Good atmosphere.  Very good team performance.  Great result.  Happy days.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:30:55 »

First 20 mins looked very shabby from both teams, then it was like a switch came on for Swindon and suddenly we were looking dangerous, creating chances and so comfortable at the back.  In the end 3-0 flattered Vale.

Great performance from Grant who was deservedly MoM (and best player this season to-date, notwithstanding Doyle).  Thought Doughty was a pretty close second.  And everyone working so hard for each other.

Good atmosphere.  Very good team performance.  Great result.  Happy days.

I think that Doyle should be awarded MOTM for us for not scoring in his games for them and awarded POTS for his contribution if he doesn’t come back just to piss off Bowyer and their entitled fans.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:49:35 »

That was very enjoyable!

We were very slow out of the blocks but once we got going we looked really dangerous in attack. Grant was incredible and ran the game. Won so much ball and rarely gave it away. Doughty, Baudry, REG, DJ, Caddis all excellent also. Hunt got better as the game went on. Hope took his goal nicely and worked hard. Was disappointed with Isgrove and well Woollery isn’t a striker and that was pretty evident.

Should be interesting week with incomings. Hope to see Yates back and get some more cover in and things are looking good for the run in.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 18:51:20 »

loved it today. 7100 town fans was kind of pleasing but always hope for more being top (still)

concourse singing in nationwide, decent with the town end and chants spilling out the ground. its a brilliant environment when its all going so well.

Isgrove and hope were quiet but the luxury of this team is that it can happen and we can still get a more than comfortable result. we really needed that first goal and it was deserved even though the finish was pretty horrible to say the least.

Loved the look of REG at the back, you would think he was here all season.

woollery is a rough diamond that might just be getting smoother round the edges. you can see real progress with him this last year, his flick ons, defensive headers, bursts and shots are all getting better. nice to see.

too many others to list for decent displays. i have an obvious football man love for doughty and yet again you can see why. the through ball and goal were sublime and I said before the freekick, as a left footer in training you would place the ball exactly where it was and practise it all day long.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:00:29 »

RW body language from around 4.30 to 4.55 after talking about Doyle. He's a good storyteller but there are a few giveaway signs imo.

www.twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1BRJjqgBbgQGw

'Incessant Nonsense'

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:05:16 »

RW body language from around 4.30 to 4.55 after talking about Doyle. He's a good storyteller but there are a few giveaway signs imo.

www.twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1BRJjqgBbgQGw

Scratching your head and neck – a typical sign of doubt and uncertainty. It can also be interpreted as an indication of lying.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:15:17 »

Scratching your head and neck – a typical sign of doubt and uncertainty. It can also be interpreted as an indication of lying.

Ora need for some Sudocreme according to my Mrs.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #354 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:21:19 »

As usual, here are the comments from Port Vale fans about the game today.

Swindle turning it up by the sounds of it.

Swindle players and their goalie pressuring the ref to send off Atkinson.  This should not be allowed and the ref should book the those players pushing the ref and telling him to send players off.

Looked like Smithh got fouled by Woolery who strongly pushed Smith out of play, Smith was limping when he ran back on the pitch.

Woolery is a handful.

Poor half. Creativity away from home is clearly an issue. We haven’t created a chance or had a shot all half.

They are just tearing the defence off now and switching the ball along the ground as well.

Grant is bullying the midfield and seems to be getting away with it as well.

Absolute shower of wánk.

Midfield is getting bullied and the forwards are getting bullied. Grant is running the midfield. We were holding our own to be fair til the last 15 mins of the half. But the fact that the midfield is getting knocked off it easy and giving it away cheaply means they’re straight on to the back 4.

No disgrace losing away at top of table , probably expected.

Nothing between us till Smith went off must be watching a different game than I’m watching we’ve not been in it 

See their ball boys are time wasting as well.

This is horrific. A team of rattled strangers.

The difference in class is scary.

What is it about that place ?

Anyone can beat anyone on any given day. Do you really think we are on par with Swindon? They’re top for a reason.

What we lack is a striker who can score 20 goals a season in this division.

Feel sorry for the 250 who’ve travelled. What a complete and utter waste of time and money, especially given our atrocious record there. The stats from today make for pretty pathetic reading.

according to the BBC we had slightly more possession overall (51% v 49%) yet could only muster 2 attempts on goal all afternoon with only one of those on-target!  While Swindon with slightly less possession had no less than 19 attempts with 9 on-target!

We need to quantum lock our arses next time we go there!

Never looked like scoring

Midfield outfought and out thought by Grant - don’t like him but he’s is good at this level

That's a first for me....I turned it off when the 3rd went in fearing the worst and put the cricket on! Strange game....they were good yet having beaten them 2-0 at home recently I wasn't very optimistic. However, first 40 there was nowt in it. Leggey deflects one in, they score a good un when Granty bullies Burgess and there is no way back. Third was a cracker but I couldn't see where we scoring from once we went behind.

Obviously not happy that his team are top and have just won 3-0, Lee Power on Twitter,  “Hi #PVFC fans.  May I just ask where the other 7,000 away fans were?  Disappointed only 200 showed up as I had the Stratton bank ready. Thanks Lee” 

Both their wingers were on fire and are better when at their best than anything we have. Although Swindon score a lot they only played with one out and out striker. They get the players just behind into the box a lot quicker than we do and they move the ball forward quicker and with more accuracy.

Ain’t watched poor result that and performance,hardly surprising though under Askey this is becoming too regular for my liking .

Swindon looked nothing at Vale park but we made them look like Barcelona by the stats,looks to me like a embarrassing no show 

It wasn’t the terrible effort 3-0 appears. It was very even until half time and felt pretty equal.

Swindon were more clinical. They are top scorers in the division and today it showed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #355 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:25:48 »

I'm wondering if we can try a Bury away performance of last season.  Sit 7 players in - knowing we will be bullied so have more players to mop-up drop downs.  Then have 3 players with pace breaking - nobody else joins them.  Maybe bring Lyden back for Isgrove or DJ.
I agree with Lyden but I would not drop DJ after that performance, he was probably our best attacker all game, his close control is amazing. Isgrove blew very hot and very cold all game, not awful but few flashes of the early season player we loved so much.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:25:59 »

I take it they don’t realise that Lee Power Twitter account is a parody.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #357 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:27:44 »

I take it they don’t realise that Lee Power Twitter account is a parody.
I thought that too, dimwits Cheesy Power doesn't use social media.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:27:52 »

Colchester are one of those teams, like Newport although not as bad.  We just don't have a plan for them at the moment, so they can be shit against other average teams yet cause us a problem.  Cambridge against Hoddle come to mind, before he figured them out.
Agree, I'd take a point there, and a win next Saturday Smiley Sounds like positive news on Yate from Wellens' post-match, notwithstanding the scratching at the end of that segment too which Bamboo The Wellens-Whisperer may claim shows something different Wink
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 19:30:19 »

Absolute shower of wánk.

Was my fave ^^^^^

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: