Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 50630 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:16:46 »

Perfect performance really, pure domination and Vale couldn’t get close to us. Hope slotted in well and Grant ran the show in midfield.

Extra satisfying that Legge scored an own goal after that ‘tackle’ that ended Iandolo’s season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:17:59 »

Doyle played on the left wing today 😂
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:19:03 »

Is Bowyer just pressing for a compo payout?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:20:17 »

Grant is a beast  Too Cool
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:21:05 »

10 points behind now 😂
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:25:10 »

I wouldn't normally care much about other teams, it's all a bit petty, but Bowyer has done a fine job of getting himself into a pickle.  Should have just had the balls to accept his style wasn't suited and use the money to get someone in to bolster his tactics.  He's now managed to add extra pressure on himself by getting a top goalscorer and not getting a song from him, which is adding pressure much more quickly.  Ah well.

Get Yates back if possible, maybe add one more (but less pressure for that to be an experienced goalscorer).  Lyden back from suspension gives us 4 options in the middle.  Fryers can't be too much longer which gives us four to choose from at central defence and even the option of Fryers at left back.  Isgrove still has more to come and DJ seems to be finding his feet with Anderson likely to be back for the run in as well.

Colchester have drawn five of their last six, so hopefully they are a bit nervous themselves on Tuesday and we can try and come out of it with a nervy draw for all concerned.  Sets up the Exeter game as won where we could really stretch our legs if we win.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:30:55 »

That was a really important win today. Some fans were questioning our ability after losing Doyle/Yates and still a few out injured. Big week ahead off the pitch, too.

Pleased for Hope although did very little else. Disappointed for Woolery who I thought had an overall good game.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:31:24 »

I wouldn't normally care much about other teams, it's all a bit petty, but Bowyer has done a fine job of getting himself into a pickle.  Should have just had the balls to accept his style wasn't suited and use the money to get someone in to bolster his tactics.  He's now managed to add extra pressure on himself by getting a top goalscorer and not getting a song from him, which is adding pressure much more quickly.  Ah well.

Get Yates back if possible, maybe add one more (but less pressure for that to be an experienced goalscorer).  Lyden back from suspension gives us 4 options in the middle.  Fryers can't be too much longer which gives us four to choose from at central defence and even the option of Fryers at left back.  Isgrove still has more to come and DJ seems to be finding his feet with Anderson likely to be back for the run in as well.

Colchester have drawn five of their last six, so hopefully they are a bit nervous themselves on Tuesday and we can try and come out of it with a nervy draw for all concerned.  Sets up the Exeter game as won where we could really stretch our legs if we win.
I think we can allow ourselves to hope for a bit better than that mate  Wink
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:33:32 »

Colchester are one of those teams, like Newport although not as bad.  We just don't have a plan for them at the moment, so they can be shit against other average teams yet cause us a problem.  Cambridge against Hoddle come to mind, before he figured them out.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:36:27 »

I actually thought Hope did OK.  Got a goal, had another shot on target and two blocked when cutting inside, plus right at the end a nice outside run that he tried to cut back.  I think once he settles into the team and role, we'll get a song from him.  He's not as all action as Yates in that role, but his instincts for the goal were good.  We've seen with Doyle - if players can get into the right positions, we lay them on a plate.  Today we had 8 on target and 2 hit the woodwork, with only one of those being "tame" from DJ from a bit of range.  We didn't even really play to our best level either.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:36:50 »

Colchester are one of those teams, like Newport although not as bad.  We just don't have a plan for them at the moment, so they can be shit against other average teams yet cause us a problem.  Cambridge against Hoddle come to mind, before he figured them out.

That they've beaten us 3-0 twice already this season,  might just mean they've used up their luck.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:37:59 »

That they've beaten us 3-0 twice already this season,  might just mean they've used up their luck.
Go Reg!

I'm with you all the way  Clap
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:39:12 »

The Cup game v Col U was a bit weird. We were arguably the better team for the majority of the game I thought but it just fell apart when Yates got sent off.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:40:36 »

I'm wondering if we can try a Bury away performance of last season.  Sit 7 players in - knowing we will be bullied so have more players to mop-up drop downs.  Then have 3 players with pace breaking - nobody else joins them.  Maybe bring Lyden back for Isgrove or DJ.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 17:55:28 »

I'm wondering if we can try a Bury away performance of last season.  Sit 7 players in - knowing we will be bullied so have more players to mop-up drop downs.  Then have 3 players with pace breaking - nobody else joins them.  Maybe bring Lyden back for Isgrove or DJ.

Last season Woolery was awesome at Gigg Lane.... could work.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: