Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 50479 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 13:39:08 »

We'll win this one, lose to Colchester, get a point against Exeter, and then fucking smash it over the remainder of the season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 13:42:19 »

We'll win this one, lose to Colchester, get a point against Exeter, and then fucking smash it over the remainder of the season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 17:18:50 »

We can't rely on If's But's and Maybe's, we can only deal in OST facts.

We are top of the league FACT!

Good chance to solidify that in this game - PV did a number on us lat time, I think with the in game injuries we let that happen a bit.  I am confident that we will do well if we can impose our game and get through without players being ravaged by in game injuries.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 21:30:55 »

anyone know how long is Doughty out for? always more confident when he starts as the stats show.

its Monday, the mood in this thread can quite easily change hy Friday with some signings. Wellens is no fool and he will keep chasing targets
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 21:35:32 »

anyone know how long is Doughty out for? always more confident when he starts as the stats show.

He was just sick, wasn't he? I'd certainly hope he'll be back by Saturday.
Panda Paws

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 09:10:19 »

He was just sick, wasn't he? I'd certainly hope he'll be back by Saturday.

Yeah just ill, and would have been useless at Newport anyway. Best he just rests until this Saturday.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 09:41:46 »

Yeah just ill, and would have been useless at Newport anyway. Best he just rests until this Saturday.
He has been ill a lot recently, this must have been his 3rd game missed and Wellens saying he will not be fit yet he actually does play must have happened in another 3 games.

I wonder if its his old illness rearing up again, the one that kept him out for a few months a couple of years ago, problems associated with appendicitis wasnt it?

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 09:57:37 »

He has been ill a lot recently, this must have been his 3rd game missed and Wellens saying he will not be fit yet he actually does play must have happened in another 3 games.

I wonder if its his old illness rearing up again, the one that kept him out for a few months a couple of years ago, problems associated with appendicitis wasnt it?
Wasn't it complications due to the operation? Could have something to do with it maybe

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:11:14 »

Wasn't it complications due to the operation? Could have something to do with it maybe

Sent from my CLT-L09
Yeah it could still be complications, took me years to get over my first major operation, it could be that or something related as he has been "ill" and not "injured" a fair bit recently.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:15:03 »

As usual you're wide of the mark, reality is that if Crewe and Plymuff win games in hand we're out of the top 3, if Exeter at least draw their game in hand.

That's just how it is....
Not any more it isn't. Like I said, points on the board > games in hand.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:18:39 »

Funny how everyone assumes teams will win multiple games in hand when nobody in the division is averaging above 2 points per game. Obviously it's possible but as you say, rather have the points on the board.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:21:59 »

Funny how everyone assumes teams will win multiple games in hand when nobody in the division is averaging above 2 points per game. Obviously it's possible but as you say, rather have the points on the board.
tbf, it's an understandable fear. You look at the table and go "Yaay, we're top", then that pernicious doubt creeps in and you see that others could overtake you, it's natural to be worried by it. Slightly less natural is the way some people seem to revel in it, but, hey, each to their own.

But it's all pretty irrelevant to some extent anyway, even if our rivals had all won last night, nothing's awarded for how the table looks mid-Jan. As long as we're in the top 3 in May, that's what counts.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:28:08 »

With which I agreed. As things stand gih can go against us and we would keep 3rd by by 2 points, from Crewe.  However a scenario which shows us that our top spot is fragile, throw in that  only Bradford of the top 12 have fewer points from the last 5 games and we can see why Wellens says.....

“It’s a reminder – yes, we are top of the league, but have we got a top of the league squad at the moment? No.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:30:34 »

However a scenario which shows us that our top spot is fragile
Of course it is. It always is, for every team in every division (apart from Liverpool, obviously). Don't give a shite whether we're top on Jan 22nd (although it's nice), it's whether we're in the top 3 in May
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 10:38:51 »

Some of us are still traumatised by this league table....

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/LeagueTable.asp?Date=1979-5-8
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: