Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club captains  (Read 2412 times)
Flashheart

« on: Friday, January 17, 2020, 17:09:27 »

Just a random thought after seeing videos of Conroy in the gym.

Do club captains usually remain captains even during a long-term injury? How important is it for them to be on the pitch?

I suppose that comes down to the gaffer's personal preferences, but is it written in their contracts that they're captains?

This is in no way a slight against Conroy in case anybody reads it that way. Just genuinely interested and it would be great to see him playing again before the season's out.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 17, 2020, 17:14:56 »

I’d imagine a long term invalid might not be around the group much. Apart from the physio room I suppose most players would just go home.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 17, 2020, 17:16:07 »

Just a random thought after seeing videos of Conroy in the gym.

Do club captains usually remain captains even during a long-term injury? How important is it for them to be on the pitch?

I suppose that comes down to the gaffer's personal preferences, but is it written in their contracts that they're captains?

This is in no way a slight against Conroy in case anybody reads it that way. Just genuinely interested and it would be great to see him playing again before the season's out.

Worth listening to this, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07zs4vl

Being captain seems to go much further than the pitch and sounds like a right pain in the arse!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 17, 2020, 18:04:32 »

I remember years ago, Calderwood was out injured for 6 months or so. He was still Club Captain whilst we obviously had a team Captain for matches... can't remember who that was...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 17, 2020, 18:15:12 »

I remember years ago, Calderwood was out injured for 6 months or so. He was still Club Captain whilst we obviously had a team Captain for matches... can't remember who that was...
Ross Maclaren IIRC 89 or 90ish I think it was.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 17, 2020, 18:33:13 »

Yes, that would be it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: