Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 71054 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:13:04 »

Pfft, who needs centre backs these days.  Doughty has played there before, anyone can do it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 16:25:14 »

eleventy-one to nil, in their favour. Can't re call it. Feels like a loss.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 17:34:51 »

First time in a while that I've been fearful of a defeat, I think we'll lose if we go in with a patched up defence.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 09:47:10 »

Crewe's GF and GA are almost identical to ours which would suggest our defence needs to be strong. Here's hoping the week off will have done us some good in that regard.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 09:47:55 »

So will theirs...
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 11:18:21 »

Crewe's GF and GA are almost identical to ours which would suggest our defence needs to be strong. Here's hoping the week off will have done us some good in that regard.

They have scored 4 goals three times and 5 goals twice which skews the goals total somewhat but obviously have the firepower, albeit like us winning against the lower half teams.

Missing my first league games in many years as wife decided back in the summer that a visit to number two son in Perth Western Oz was necessary and I fly out tomorrow. Had I known that we would be in such a great league situation would have made absolutely no difference! Will have to be on the ifollow the rest of January which I do not really like but just hope we can keep things moving along nicely.    Yes

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 11:27:57 »

They have scored 4 goals three times and 5 goals twice which skews the goals total somewhat but obviously have the firepower, albeit like us winning against the lower half teams.

Missing my first league games in many years as wife decided back in the summer that a visit to number two son in Perth Western Oz was necessary and I fly out tomorrow. Had I known that we would be in such a great league situation would have made absolutely no difference! Will have to be on the ifollow the rest of January which I do not really like but just hope we can keep things moving along nicely.    Yes

Have a great trip, Ticker. Watching on ifollow isn't so bad, I've been enjoying it this last month being away. It's like how it must be to support one of the big Premier league teams, so easy!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 11:52:05 »

Crewe were quite soundly beaten at the weekend by Barnsley at home even though they had more possession, they have been playing with a midfielder at centre back similar to us, due to a few defensive injuries and he was found out by a decent Barsnley attack line.

Barnsley hit them from the off and outplayed them for the first 25 mins and got a very early goal.

They looked pretty suspect to crosses put in early and had trouble clearing their lines.

Barnsley won with the last kick of the ball after the Crewe keeper Jellyliner(sp) came up for a corner and they scored on the break.

They don't looks that solid at the back, much as we don't so there are goals to be had for certain.

Crewe are hardly world beaters, just because they beat us fairly easily in the first game that was only courtesy of 2 very late goals. We are a very different proposition now to back then.

Their form in cup and league recently has been LWDDWDLWWL so only 4 wins in 10 games with 3 defeats, our last 10 games have been WWWWWWWLWD.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 11:53:41 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 11:51:02 »

Even with no new Incomings we could still field a half decent team

Benda

Caddis
Broadbent
Grant
Hunt

Rose
Doughty

Isgrove
DJ
Woolery

Yates

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 12:34:34 »

If we can get in a centre-back for Saturday and move Grant back into midfield, then we might have a chance with this team.

Even with no new Incomings we could still field a half decent team

Benda

Caddis
Broadbent
Grant
Hunt

Rose
Doughty

Isgrove
DJ
Woolery

Yates

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 12:36:16 »

If we can get in a centre-back for Saturday and move Grant back into midfield, then we might have a chance with this team.

Yeah all thats really lacking is cover at CB, I (and Grant himself) want Grant put back in the middle where he is far more effective.

Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 12:38:54 »

I've a sneaky feeling that Fryers and/or Baudry might be available. Wellens has a habit of exaggerating injuries.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 12:41:13 »

I've a sneaky feeling that Fryers and/or Baudry might be available. Wellens has a habit of exaggerating injuries.
Yeah that passed my mind too, I certainly hope so.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 12:53:17 »

I'd rather see Doughty or Rose as CB than Grant, but as Flashheart says we may well see one of the injured players return.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 12:59:33 »

I think letting Zakuani go means Wellens is comfortable with someone returning and/or Broadbent filling in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: