Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 71749 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 09:09:37 »

Going to be a hard game,  especially if Doughty is unfit.
Fuck it,  2-0 to th e Town,  both from Yates,   We are Swindon,  we score when we want.......................

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 09:17:13 »

Not confident now after the things that happened this week.

Defeat. 1-3

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:09:45 »

This is a difficult game to predict - our injuries, Lyden’s suspension and Doughy’s illness mean we don’t really know how we will line up, although what is certain is that we won’t have any game changing options on the bench. Also a couple of the likely starters - Isgrove and DJ - have generally struggled to last a full 90 mins, partly no doubt because they both had lengthy spells out injured.
However we don’t know how well off Crewe are in that regard - someone earlier in the thread suggested that last week they also had some injury issues in central defence.
We have the two highest scoring teams in the division, both defences conceding more than a goal a game, so everyone will probably expect some goals, although football often confounds these types of expectations so don’t rule out a 0-0 draw.
To be honest, I would settle for a draw now, and in the context of a target of 8 points from the remaining 4 games in January (including tomorrow) that would be fine.
However I have a feeling we will sneak a narrow win 1-0 or 2-1.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:12:58 »

When is May sent back!
We’d be better off playing one of our own youth players.
Panda Paws

« Reply #64 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:15:49 »

If (and it's a massive if) RW is telling the truth re injuries and no incomings before tomorrow, what side do we put out? Any advance on the below? That XI fills me with dread up against a very very good side who tore us a new one in the Autumn.

Benda

Caddis
Grant
Curran
Hunt

Rose
May

Isgrove
DJ
Woolery

Yates
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:20:15 »

If (and it's a massive if) RW is telling the truth re injuries and no incomings before tomorrow, what side do we put out? Any advance on the below? That XI fills me with dread up against a very very good side who tore us a new one in the Autumn.

Benda

Caddis
Grant
Curran
Hunt

Rose
May

Isgrove
DJ
Woolery

Yates

Broadbent can play thought, can't he? I'm sure he'll be selected ahead of Curran.

There's something odd with Curran. He's, genuinely, been on the bench for every league game for which he's been fit, stretching back into last season. When we've had a fully fit squad, very competent players have been left off the bench to accommodate him.

However, he has only ever made 3 sub appearances - each of them coming in injury time, when we are several goals ahead. The sort of point at which RW might as well bring you or I onto the pitch.

I really don't see him starting a game, regardless of how desperate we are. Broadbent would be far ahead of him in the ranks.
Panda Paws

« Reply #66 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:22:32 »

Broadbent can play thought, can't he? I'm sure he'll be selected ahead of Curran.

There's something odd with Curran. He's, genuinely, been on the bench for every league game for which he's been fit, stretching back into last season. When we've had a fully fit squad, very competent players have been left off the bench to accommodate him.

However, he has only ever made 3 sub appearances - each of them coming in injury time, when we are several goals ahead. The sort of point at which RW might as well bring you or I onto the pitch.

I really don't see him starting a game, regardless of how desperate we are. Broadbent would be far ahead of him in the ranks.

Of course. I knew I'd miss someone.
Flashheart

« Reply #67 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:22:56 »

I think it would benefit the defence (and the team) more if Grant was in midfield.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:28:37 »

Key tomorrow is midfield so we need to get a Grant back in there. So sack off May and hopefully we can pull a rabbit out of the hat and fill the centre back void.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:29:55 »

+1 for Grant in midfield.
Panda Paws

« Reply #70 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:34:52 »

Assuming no incomings or miracle recoveries, that leaves us with Broadbent and Curran at CB? Or, move Caddis to CB and find a full back from somewhere.

Actually... why haven't we recalled Reid?
« Last Edit: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:42:44 by Panda Paws » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:35:28 »

Things look a bit bleak on the pitch just now. I have a hunch that rather than give up three points to our biggest rival, Wellens might just announce a new loan signing or two today, or knowing him, when the teamsheet is released tomorrow afternoon.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Panda Paws

« Reply #72 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:43:23 »

Things look a bit bleak on the pitch just now. I have a hunch that rather than give up three points to our biggest rival, Wellens might just announce a new loan signing or two today, or knowing him, when the teamsheet is released tomorrow afternoon.

Quite - without any shenanigans from RW re miracle recoveries or inbounds, it'll be our weakest XI of the season by some distance.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #73 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:43:37 »

In the words of Oasis....Definately maybe.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #74 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:43:47 »

Apologies if i have missed it but do we know how long Baudry is out?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: