Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 71711 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 13:13:04 »

Had to download the dplay app on my tab in the end
1 hour 6 min in for league 2
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 13:59:48 »

First time in a while that I've been fearful of a defeat, I think we'll lose if we go in with a patched up defence.

Sent from my CLT-L09
I'll never be afraid again. This lot can do anything.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 14:06:28 »

I also think Jaiyesimi was excellent. Sometimes ran into trouble a bit but was involved in all three goals. A great game and great atmosphere. Sometimes I sat there deliberately not joining in with some of the chants so I could here the crowd better. My little boy of eight was singing we are Swindon we’re top of the league all the way home. 😀

Sent from my iPhone
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 14:21:41 »

I also think Jaiyesimi was excellent. Sometimes ran into trouble a bit but was involved in all three goals.

Sent from my iPhone

Jaiyesimi was dead on his feet when the final whistle and looked a bit overcome. I think he realised yesterday it sometimes takes to win in league football.

Impressed with how we closed out the final 20 mins as Crewe threw on two subs and everything at us but the players looked determined to win and pressed really well on tired legs.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 14:34:31 »

Haven't read back.

It was excellent.

Weathered the storm against the best footballing side we have played.

Worldy goal that took a nice deflection that I didn't see from the TE.

Second half was a more even contest as we battled twelve men as the ref gave  them everything.

Great to win and after the turmoil this week. That result was massive!

Broadbean looks like a new player but all played well.

Is that nine wins needed now?

Clems Army!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 14:36:03 »

Still can't understand how Woolery finished up with a yellow card in the final minutes,  dragged down, attacked by the offending player and he's the one that gets punished,   absolute crap referee, Sunday league standard at best.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 14:55:45 »

Haven't read back.

It was excellent.

Weathered the storm against the best footballing side we have played.

Worldy goal that took a nice deflection that I didn't see from the TE.

Second half was a more even contest as we battled twelve men as the ref gave  them everything.

Great to win and after the turmoil this week. That result was massive!

Broadbean looks like a new player but all played well.

Is that nine wins needed now?

It depends on which season you want to refer to as to how many more wins are needed but I would imagine around 82/83 points would guarantee third spot based on recent seasons

2014/15  Bury finished third on 85 points Wycombe fourth on 84
2015/16  Bristol Rovers finished third on 85 points Accrington fourth on 85
2016/17  Doncaster finished third on 85 points Luton fourth on 77
2017/18 Wycombe finished third on 84 points Exeter fourth on 80
2018/19 MK Sons finished third on 79'points Mansfield fourth on 76

« Last Edit: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 14:58:15 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 15:39:06 »

53 points, does that mean we've pulled off the great escape for this season?

That ship sailed some time ago.... it's almost like some never noticed only 1 goes down this season and maybe none if Macc fold.

The mean points for sides finishing 24th in Div 4 this century is 35, only 5 times has a side exceded 40 points.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 19:07:08 »

That ship sailed some time ago.... it's almost like some never noticed only 1 goes down this season and maybe none if Macc fold.

The mean points for sides finishing 24th in Div 4 this century is 35, only 5 times has a side exceded 40 points.

Steady that thought Reg. Even in recent years, Peterborough were relegated on 54pts. Albeit Div 2 to Div 3. So still some work to do. Nice to see some positivity though Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 20:23:07 »

Steady that thought Reg. Even in recent years, Peterborough were relegated on 54pts. Albeit Div 2 to Div 3. So still some work to do. Nice to see some positivity though Pint

That would be an interesting stat if we were in Div 2 or even 3, however bears no relevance to 24th in Div4.

At some point I might start crunching some numbers for auto, but don't want to put any mockers on matters... prob best wait til end of Jan.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Monday, January 13, 2020, 09:19:07 »

2. I won’t be complaining about the seats at Gresty Road again after sitting on the dated wooden slatted monstrosity that had the pleasure of accepting my ass yesterday - their ground may be bigger than hours but shabby flatters it. Not that there’s any sour grapes of course.....

do we really have wooden seats in our ground?? this surprises me if so! strangely i have actually sat in the away Arkells for a pre-season friendly many years ago and i can't remember them and all of stratton bank is plastic so I dont see why.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, January 13, 2020, 09:22:38 »

Just sounds like a plank  Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, January 13, 2020, 09:34:22 »

The wooden seats in the Arkells were taken out 10 years ago so fuck knows where he was sitting.

Great win on Saturday. Everything has been covered really. Wasn't expecting much and before our first goal it seemed justified... But a great effort all round. Crewe are a good side and if we go up, I hope they come with us.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, January 13, 2020, 09:41:30 »

The wooden seats in the Arkells were taken out 10 years ago so fuck knows where he was sitting.

Great win on Saturday. Everything has been covered really. Wasn't expecting much and before our first goal it seemed justified... But a great effort all round. Crewe are a good side and if we go up, I hope they come with us.

From an environmental point of view FGR and Nam would be ideal. I seem to remember div 1 is one of the leagues for us with most miles to travel for away fixtures.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, January 13, 2020, 09:43:38 »

Must have been watching from the cricket ground.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: