Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 62296 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 17:52:44 »

A fair result and a sign of things to come - we’re going to have to get used to limited League 2 outfits coming to the CG and setting up shop.

A match pretty much devoid of any creativity from either side - I can’t recall Bradford’s keeper making a save and the only chances they had were presented on a plate by us.

They’ve very much gone down the route we took with Flitters in 17/18 - pack the side with physicality and rely on nicking matches by the odd goal. Utterly dreadful to watch in the main, but effective in securing a top 7 place. I’d wager Bowyer won’t be in charge there for long if he sticks to that approach and I don’t think we should have any concerns about Doyle repeating his recent exploits when he inevitably returns - he’d be starved of service!

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 17:58:09 »

Reg - we are playing Crewe Alexandra next Saturday.... they got dicked at Salford in their last away match. We aren’t facing a trip to Anfield  Doh
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 17:58:52 »

A useful point.... keeps a gap to Bradford, we could do with a repeat next Saturday, but given the turmoil with potential loan recalls, injuries and suspensions, would be hugely impressive.
I agree.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 18:03:25 »

It was most lost disappointing  for me that Woolery and DJ wasted so many opportunities to either shoot, or lay it off, by taking on too many opponents when close to goal.  I think they're better than that.

ust be the oldest
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 18:07:09 »

It was most lost disappointing  for me that Woolery and DJ wasted so many opportunities to either shoot, or lay it off, by taking on too many opponents when close to goal.  I think they're better than that.

Are you sure? They’re both playing in the 2nd or 4th division. Oh sure they have moments of ‘wow’ and moments of ‘nicely played’ in the main they are where they are because, well, they are where they are.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 18:11:17 »

No way was Bradford’s following 404 - it looked way more than that. Away fans part of the Arkells is 900. Looked fairly full to me.

Perhaps they like a pie or ten  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 18:11:48 »

no doubt they can do it
no doubt they were the height of frustration today
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #322 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 18:33:32 »

Zakuani and Sidy released

Sidy signing for Waterford
Zakuani released disappoints me, especially with the defensive problems we have got. Sidy was average at best.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 18:34:25 »

Zakuani released disappoints me, especially with the defensive problems we have got. Sidy was average at best.
Injured and can’t use his feet. There must be better available!
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 18:53:03 »

I hope we sort him out with any medical attention he needs to put himself back in the window again.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 18:59:41 »

Injured and can’t use his feet. There must be better available!
Douglas Bader  could be an option
Flashheart

« Reply #326 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 19:11:52 »

I hope we sort him out with any medical attention he needs to put himself back in the window again.

Surely players would be insured?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 19:12:31 »

Pretty standard end of Christmas fixture period game - fairly poor game from two tired sides. Less concerned by the result than the damage to the squad list, we're losing one or two players per game at the moment. The next week or so could be important in terms of recruitment and obviously retentions
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #328 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 19:14:10 »

As usual, some views from Bradford fans on todays game.

I didn’t think we were any worse than Swindon. Apart from the opening 10/15 minutes I thought Swindon were poor. They offered nothing and neither did we.

I thought we edged the second half and deserved the equaliser as Swindon didn’t do enough to deserve the win.

Now lets get Doyle recalled and push on

Like it or not Swindon created nothing from open play, if Power doesn't come up with the money (if we are happy to let Doyle go) he must be mad, twice I've seen Swindon and they were not a patch on the Crewe side the other month, we take Doyle back that lot will implode.

Now lets recall Doyle and push on. Swindon wont go up without him

The onus was always on Swindon being the home team, far from a great advertisement for football but hey I'm with you points on the door are far better than performances.

it's a bit strange that Bowyer didn't fancy Cadiss (after being one of our better player during his time at City), could it have been his wage demands at the time that he's had to lower to get a regular game.

An excellent result for us, although gutting to not win it at the end.

Recall Doyle and our chances of promotion shoot up and Swindons fall significantly, we have to use that to our advantage.
Been supporting the club for nearly 20 years and we are on course for our highest finish, winning the league is absolutely within reach

For how we get own fans moaning on about what great footie teams the likes of Swindon are apart from the penalty they had one more shots on target than us and actually created little Our defence is superb.

Very good result, but we were poor no doubt about it. Swindon the same in all fairness, we defended well and they created nothing other than at the start of the game. They're nothing without doyle.

Swindon are known for starting their home matches with all guns firing. It's a good idea, if you're confident enough, to let them and then pick them off when they inevitably run out of idea.

f the Swindon lot are on later, I'd be interested in whether they saw that as an unusually poor performance. That's generally as well as we ever play.

Well just witnessed a great second half footballing lesson to Swindon we got a point but it should have been three Swindon were outclassed after an even first half having said that we should have had at least a goal in the first half, but the second half was totally dominated by city, slightly disappointed with just a point but Swindon will go away from this game thinking City should be top of the pile and not us.

Seriously Swindon were average at best today

without Doyle they were as toothless as my dead grandad. Not that we were any more of a goal threat but a good point nether the less.

good defending is just as much good football as is good attacking Swindon didn’t look a threat just like the previous 8 teams we have played because of some very good defending

If they can't beat us at home then that is worrying
Take Doyle back and watch them plummet

I'm amazed at the arrogance of some Swindon fans (mostly the twitter ones) when they have a squad built on sand. Loan merchants through and through. And they can say "well we were suffering from injuries today and had our star striker out", but we've had Donaldson and Devitt out since Oct/Sep and their star striker is ours, and their other one is Rotherhams. Respect to the pleasant Swindon fans however, as I know we have some toxic supporters too.

The worrying thing for Swindon is that Doyle has been knocking in chances twice as often as you’d expect......that form cannot last a full season.

Swindon fall over a lot and waste time, they looked poor without Doyle, just need to bring him back and sit him on the bench and that will be it for Swindon.

I thought you'd be better than Swindon. Losing Doyle clearly has a big effect.

I've posted above if Lee Power cant find the money to buy Doyle (that's if we're selling) then you could implode you offered very little going forward, most are well happy with the point, you don't gain on us, we've played you twice and taken 4 points from you, each time without Doyle surely that rings some bells.

its a better point for us and despite what Swindon fans think, they should be worried about just how much influence Doyle has on their season, i expect its more than they think and how much it will affect them if he goes.

Lee Power wasn't even there today and neither was Paul Jewell. If as forecast this morning Rovrum recallYeates Swindon are screwed. We had 60% possesion second half, they were no threat. We've taken 4 points off a very average team who aside from us have still some big games coming.

Radio Leeds reckon we should have won today.

Almost every one to a man suggests we are nothing without Doyle and will plummet without him.

7 first teamers injured or unavailable pre game, and playing with a midfielder in defence.

They obviously have no idea that we have currently our 2 first choice centre backs (Baudry & Conroy) out as well as our stand in centre back (Zakuani), our 1st choice left back (Donohue) and stand in left back (Iandolo), our stand in centre back (Fryers) got injured midway through the first half, our top scorer (Doyle), our 3rd top scorer (Anderson) and we finished the game with 10 men after Lydens wreckless challenge, when also Bradford should have lost Reeves for an equally shit tackle in the first half.

All things considered I think we did ok to get a draw after such a bad run of injuries.

Oh and by the way, Bradford won't be vying for top spot if thats how they play, they were dull defensive and dire to watch and created very very little.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #329 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 19:19:39 »

On that showing, Bowyer would be a small upgrade on Flitcroft.

The same dull philosphy, only better organised and more tactially astute. What they do is not pretty, but it is effective.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: