Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 62084 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:24:49 »

They are certainly playing us at the right time. A lot to ask us to put another big performance in so soon and with injuries.

And of course we will miss doyle.

But it's Bradford. Decent but beatable even considering the above .
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:27:02 »

If we can beat Plymouth with a patched up side we can beat Bradford. Will probably be difficult as it does look like they will shut up shop, but a lot of teams have done the same here and we've cracked them.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:27:25 »

Yeah, I suspect the economics of the time of year have much more to do with this than enthusiasm or otherwise
Nah, they just don't want to travel all that way to be humiliated by the mighty reds.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:28:10 »

Quote from: theakston2k
The home attendance thing is misleading though. If they were charging £350+ rather than £150 for season tickets would they any longer get 5 figure crowds? I doubt it.

it is, but they'd surely at least get attendances similar to us.

Would we take just 300 to Bradford? Not trying to sound Billy big bollocks. Maybe in a mediocre season...

Hope they bring more, it's better.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:35:14 »

Seemingly Bradford are not playing very well at the moment but they are still grinding out the points so they must be doing something right. I think they are over estimating our reliance on Doyle, yes of course you can't ignore his goals but I think we create enough chances that we can not be completely reliant on him

It's likely to be attritional I reckon. I don't think Bradford will come for 3 points somehow!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:35:18 »

The level of disrespect* from Plymouth and Bradford fans over the last week regarding Swindon's season has been amusing to read. Given the scenarios, I would have rather experienced our season so far with our, alleged, one-man-team than be 6-9 points worse off at this point.

I hope Wellens feeds this sort of stuff to his squad.

*Might not be the term I'm looking for.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:38:31 »

The level of disrespect* from Plymouth and Bradford fans over the last week regarding Swindon's season has been amusing to read. Given the scenarios, I would have rather experienced our season so far with our, alleged, one-man-team than be 6-9 points worse off at this point.

I would say more their own "over estimation of their own teams ability" than disrespect.

I like it, I like teams thinking we are not top on merit and that we are a bang average side and vastly over achieving.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:40:08 »

Jealousy, pure and simple
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:40:50 »

it is, but they'd surely at least get attendances similar to us.

Would we take just 300 to Bradford? Not trying to sound Billy big bollocks. Maybe in a mediocre season...

Hope they bring more, it's better.
In a top of the table clash of course we’d bring more but they’ve never been big travellers outside of the Yorkshire footprint. Factoring in the Premier League seasons and cheap season tickets I’d say the majority are just home fans.

As for Saturday, Yates will be the focal point of the attack replacing Doyle and then it’ll be a case of Doughty or Woolery replacing Yates in his role.
Even with the absences we have still got a very good midfield and forward players with creativity and the key is with Fryers and Grant playing at the back we’ve got ball playing centre backs that will allow us to play our normal game building from the back. Key thing for us is not picking up injuries during the game as the bench will be pretty weak.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:42:33 »

A lot of posters on here were slating Lincoln last season. It's normal to have a pop at the team top of the league. Our fans have been monumental shithouses on social media as well so I'm not surprised there is ill feeling.

Re. attendances, we can't have a go at anyone really. We're top of the league and I doubt we'll break 8K in the next 2 games which are both huge.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:43:45 »

We may have a few injuries but we're in better shape than we were for the away game. Fuck Bradford fans and their shit opinions.

2-0.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:44:51 »

If Yates hadn’t missed a sitter near the end of the reverse fixture their ‘easy’ win would have been a draw. We were top before Doyle signed scoring 5 in 2 games, many seem to forget that...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:51:03 »

A lot of posters on here were slating Lincoln last season. It's normal to have a pop at the team top of the league. Our fans have been monumental shithouses on social media as well so I'm not surprised there is ill feeling.

Re. attendances, we can't have a go at anyone really. We're top of the league and I doubt we'll break 8K in the next 2 games which are both huge.
A lot of posters were slagging Lincoln last season,  and rightly so, there performances were shit, just a bunch of bull y boys, at least we are playing entertaining football and yes the crowds could be bigger but at least I feel that this season we are getting value for money. Attendances will improve as long as we keep winning.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:55:46 »

Oh I am completely aware that all fanbases are essentially the same. It's just a rare case where we can use it as fuel.

'Bigger club' dick-swinging (which includes attendances) is one of my absolute dislikes within the culture of football.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #59 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:55:50 »

In the PdC season we only broke 8k on 4 occassions before we hit March, 1 was the first game of the season and one was a home game vs Oxford, otherwise it was only 8.3k for Wimbledon on Jan 2nd and Crawley home on Feb 14th. It was only the last 6 home games that we consistantly broke the 8k figure.

This season we have broke 8k twice, the home game vs Plymouth with 9.5k and the 8.2k on Boxing Day for Cambridge.

Even in the L1 play off season we were only had 6k for the 2nd to last home game and 8.6k for the last home game of the season and that year we finished 4th in L1.

I think our attendances are about where they have been for years.

A lot of posters were slagging Lincoln last season,  and rightly so, there performances were shit, just a bunch of bull y boys, at least we are playing entertaining football and yes the crowds could be bigger but at least I feel that this season we are getting value for money. Attendances will improve as long as we keep winning.
Absolutely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: