Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 61609 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 18:47:33 »

oooh, good stuff Audrey 🍺🍺 🍺
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 18:49:32 »

Agree. Love Doughty but don’t like him in a midfield 2. He offers little off the ball and leaves us too open. Let him play ahead of a stronger two, just as he did for most of the winning run.
well put, he's a ball lover not a fighter
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 18:50:22 »

I’ll be in The Merlin adorned with my Greece baseball cap.

A free beer for every ‘Is that you, Audrey, you cunt’
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 18:51:05 »

Anyone going from the south coast? In Brighton but the train is a joke
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 18:53:04 »

Doughty is classy on the ball, just doesn't have the mental skills for the defending bit.  He's not afraid of a tackle, although he's pretty poor at it, but he gets walked past at times as he just not switched onto the defensive side of the role in the same way Grant would be.  He does worry me when we play him as part of a two - maybe it's OK when we dominate - but he's a class above when he has the freedom not worry about who just walked behind him.  His passing can look inaccurate at times, but it's because he tries killer balls more often than anyone else in the team.  When they work, they completely unlock a defence.  I don't think anyone will be able to drill the defensive side into him, at least not until his close to mid thirties.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 19:00:07 »

I know what you look like  Smiley  Pint Pint Pint
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 20:17:28 »

Youre the one that I want.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 20:27:44 »

I know what you look like  Smiley  Pint Pint Pint
You have the advantage, then! Mind you, I’m full on Greek now - all (white) bearded up.

Be best not to use the ‘c’ word too much in front of Mrs Audrey. She hates that word. Twat is OK. Or Fuckwit or some such will do.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 09:46:31 »

Posted by someone on their forum that they have sent 600 tickets back. Is the initial allocation 900? Disappointing.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 09:58:07 »

Posted by someone on their forum that they have sent 600 tickets back. Is the initial allocation 900? Disappointing.

You sound like a Plymouth fan.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 09:59:44 »

You sound like a Plymouth fan.

Nah, I have a light Wiltshire accent.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:07:35 »

Quote from: 4D

it would be given their home attendance, though a longish trip to top of the league straight after the expense of Christmas ... maybe not that surprising
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:12:38 »

it would be given their home attendance, though a longish trip to top of the league straight after the expense of Christmas ... maybe not that surprising
Yeah, I suspect the economics of the time of year have much more to do with this than enthusiasm or otherwise
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:18:10 »

From the Bradford forum.

Swindon without doyle are not a top 3 side. We breezed past them at home.

Didn’t rate Swindon in the home game at all. Very slow in possession and our defence kept them at bay in the main. No doubt a very good side to be where they are in the league but few players missing and no Doyle for obvious reasons.

I don’t see us getting anything given recent performances, for me our luck runs out 3pm Saturday
3 nowt to Swindle

Who's going to score the 3 goals for Swindon it wont be Doyle.

Give us something to shout about. Our away atmospheres can be dire at the best of times but those two games couldn't get any worse. You end up questioning your own sanity. Not as bad to take when you are a division or two above, you expect to be on the back foot and scrapping for points, but creating nothing against teams barely above non league standard really takes the piss.

So many fans at Carlisle were saying that’s it for away days until we start to see some entertainment

I think a draw is in the cards. 1-1 with us scoring first in the first half but being outplayed for 90 minutes and Swindon equalising around 80 minutes.

We took over 1500 all the way to Carlisle the day after Christmas and were rewarded with the most frustrating pile of shite I’ve had the misfortune of witnessing

The last 6 or 7 games, regardless of being unbeaten, have been excruciatingly painful to watch. Absolutely dreadful stuff and cost a fortune in the process

We could’ve played more entertaining football, won 5 and lost 3 and being 2 points better off. Unbeaten runs that are loaded with draws just paper over the cracks A walloping on Saturday I reckon. 3 nil Swindon

Feel for every one that goes. Bet you can't wait to watch #blandbowyer and his 11 men Park the bus, not cross the halfway line. And never ever ever have a shot at goal.

You know it is going to be the 5-3-2 bus service for this one.

If we go there with the full intention of winning the game and it ends a draw then fair enough but the aim shouldn’t be to stifle the game.
This is a fantastic opportunity to close the gap to 3 points to Swindon and also open up an 8 point gap to 8th place, let’s not waste it

Go gung ho and throw caution to the wind and they might carve us open and beat us, and the gap becomes 9 points?

This sounds like the perfect time to play swindon with the players they have unavailable. Ismail had a cracking game in the reverse fixture, their LB shit himself anytime Zeli got the ball. We've missed his flair and unpredictability in recent weeks I think so I hope to see him start with Connolly on the other side against what appears to be a makeshift swindon defence.

Come away with anything from Swindon and its a bonus. Exactly the sort of game where you can set up to frustrate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:24:43 »

The home attendance thing is misleading though. If they were charging £350+ rather than £150 for season tickets would they any longer get 5 figure crowds? I doubt it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: