Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 61583 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 11:47:42 »

Don't particularly want anyone to do the double over us, so staying unbeaten in the next 5 games is good challenge.
We weren't at our best in any of the first games against this months opponents so an opportunity to put that right.

Thought that going through a season without being beaten twice by the same opponent would be quite difficult, but we've managed to do it in 5 of our promotion seasons 68-69, 85-86, 86-87, 95-96, 06-07 (if my bleary eyed checking is correct).

Good worK WB. I know we didn't do it in 62/63 as Posh did the double on us in 3 days in April, Easter period. We even had time to stick 6 on ColU in between.  A classic example of how it becomes difficult to win games at the end of the season.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 11:49:47 »

Worrying thing from Plymouth is that DJ was completely knackered after about an hour and Woolery also looked knackered about 10 minutes after coming on. On form alone I'd put them both in, but then what do we have on the bench?

Any idea on when Anderson / Baudry are back? Has Grant gone back to Shrewsbury? What day is it today? Assuming everyone from yesterday is (un)available I'd go

Benda
Caddis Fryers Grant (although I still dont like him at CB) Hunt
Doughty Lyden
Isgrove DJ Woolery
Yates
REDBUCK

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 12:10:10 »

Worrying thing from Plymouth is that DJ was completely knackered after about an hour and Woolery also looked knackered about 10 minutes after coming on. On form alone I'd put them both in, but then what do we have on the bench?

Any idea on when Anderson / Baudry are back? Has Grant gone back to Shrewsbury? What day is it today? Assuming everyone from yesterday is (un)available I'd go

Benda
Caddis Fryers Grant (although I still dont like him at CB) Hunt
Doughty Lyden
Isgrove DJ Woolery
Yates

Rose and Lyden for me and doughty for woolery
REDBUCK

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 12:11:24 »

Good worK WB. I know we didn't do it in 62/63 as Posh did the double on us in 3 days in April, Easter period. We even had time to stick 6 on ColU in between.  A classic example of how it becomes difficult to win games at the end of the season.

I think in 85/86 we reversed all our defeats bar Port Vale, it would be good to repeat that in January
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 12:46:59 »

I think in 85/86 we reversed all our defeats bar Port Vale, it would be good to repeat that in January
As long as we don't also reverse the wins!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 13:28:14 »

Wierd comment on the Bradford forum matchday thread vs Swindon, I think its somebody assuming things.

Is that the poster by the name of Fordy?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 13:40:21 »

No mate, Bronco.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 13:53:46 »

No mate, Bronco.

Ah ok. That one is usually quite measured.

I find it quite interesting that because their Adver equivalent Journo says "...about a POTENTIAL recall..." they are calling it as Doyle WILL definitely be recalled. Failing to see that in the tweet, both the words 'potential' and 'discussions' are very operative words which (putting neutral cap on) seems to me that if he was to be recalled, there would be zero discussions (either end). He'd already be back at Bradford and tbf, we would've seen Doyle waving and saying his goodbyes etc. yesterday. More likely to find him in a bar celebrating with Town fans Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:20:34 »

The Reg of Bradford.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:28:10 »

Rose and Lyden for me and doughty for woolery
Agree. Love Doughty but don’t like him in a midfield 2. He offers little off the ball and leaves us too open. Let him play ahead of a stronger two, just as he did for most of the winning run.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:29:52 »

And Power won't not pay more to keep Doyle at Swindon and guarantee promotion, rather strange don't you think ?.

Well this reads like they've gone on the Facebook group to get a Swindon take and distributed elsewhere.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:33:54 »

Well this reads like they've gone on the Facebook group to get a Swindon take and distributed elsewhere.
I does sound like that to me too. Based on nothing at all except for Swindon fans disbelief that we will actually pay anything for Doyle. Something a handful of Town fans truly believe.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:45:59 »

Agree. Love Doughty but don’t like him in a midfield 2. He offers little off the ball and leaves us too open. Let him play ahead of a stronger two, just as he did for most of the winning run.

I watched Doughty carefully v Cambridge off the ball with just this in mind. It’s not laziness, and I think as fans we’re doing him a disservice suggesting he is. He’s got a role, which is to create. To do this he needs space - and so he does close down less than Grant or Lyden, because he’s constantly looking for the gaps, drifting in unnoticed to space and making sure he is open to receive the ball. There’s a reason we keep the ball well - because there is usually an “out” - usually Doughty or Paul Caddis. I completely agree that he’s better in a three - because in a three you can afford to have one man not closing down in the same way, but I think this is by design, not because he’s swanning about waiting for others to do the hard graft!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:49:15 »

I agree, in a midfield 3 he can sit in there and run the game, he is not great at tracking back which is something a midfielder needs to do when there are only 2 in the middle.

He can't get enough freedom to put the balls into dangerous positions, but sit 2 more hard working midfielders around him and he will flourish. Grant and Lyden are those 2, or even alongside Rose and Grant.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 18:30:28 »

Just booked for a UK visit. Getting in 3 games.

Walsall (A), and Cheltenham and Salford both (H)

Can’t wait!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: