Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Top scorers - stat attack.  (Read 3364 times)
Flashheart

« on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 20:17:15 »

Just musing. Not trying to claim anything as a fact, I know there's many variables to consider.

Statistically speaking, and depending on how you read the stats, Maynard is just behind Doyle in terms of getting shots on target*. Maynard has had fewer opportunities to score, but has also played around 25% fewer minutes. If we adjust for that, Maynard would be on around 13-14 goals.

Yates, who is joint 2nd, has had fewer shots on goal and a lower accuracy than Maynard, but has scored the same number of goals as Maynard. Having said that, Yates has played more then Maynard has. If Yates was in Doyle's position, he would probably have had more opportunties... and more goals.

Below that we have Lubala who, despite having played the most number of minutes of the top 5 goalscorers, has scored 9, making him look a bit crap in comparison. Vaughan could easilly be a 2nd joint top goal scorer.

*I think the shots on target statistic is likely a bit misleading; one could have a hopeful punt from distance and it will still count as being on target.

It's difficult to say how any of these stats will play out should the other 4 be playing as a poacher like Doyle is. So, to summarise, these stats tell us bugger all... other than the ginger Pele is god. FUCK YEAH!

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 13:09:10 »

I'll reply to this because there's nothing like a thread that flops (or gets missed or is shit/pointless).

Enjoy a good stat or two but yeah, that Bradford word needs removing. Imagine the meltdown from the Claret & Amber!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 15:20:15 »

The key stat in there is the number of goals vs. shot on target - not only does he have a high % on target, he converts at a higher ratio again.  That's a good knack to have - means he is very effective when you have a team feeding him, like we are right now.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 10:06:08 »

From the Bradford forum.

Just watched the highlights from the Swindon Plymouth game, Doyle had at least four decent chances to score whereas Vaughan is lucky if he gets one a game. His goals will definitely dry up if he has to come back.

I think thats the nail on the head. Doyle knows where the net is and almost all his shots are on target or very very close, but we create him so many chances that Bradford just couldn't match and also he is a similar player to Vaughan, 2 poachers don't ever work in the same team.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 11:12:38 »

also backs up the fact it's not panic stations if he does go back. He has been unbelievable but any decent striker is going to score goals in this team.
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 11:25:40 »

Makes you wonder how many goals a not passed it March Richards would get in this team.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 12:09:06 »

Makes you wonder how many goals a not passed it March Richards would get in this team.

Ides don't know.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 3, 2020, 12:11:22 »

Ides don't know.
Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up