Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Plymouth v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 46327 times)
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 21:09:13 »

Bloody excellent day out.

A tale of two shakey defences (ours certainly was in the first half, less so 2nd) thankfully we had the better attack over the course of the game. Winning all the sweeter over a form team and a patched up starting 11.

With regards to the little rotter who ran on the pitch; him and his dad cut in front of us in the queue to get into the spoons and someone else in the queue called him out on it and it got a bit heated and I remember someone saying “what kind of example are you setting your son?” - next thing we know he is running on the pitch!!

One of the funniest things I’ve seen at a football match. Dad looked to be rather proud of his little scrote after the stewards eventually thought it was about time to get a loose primary school child off the pitch, but started panicking when he realised he was being led out of the ground to have a word with the local constabulary rather being allowed back into the stands.

The section of the new stand with the open tier closest to us did seem to have an unusually high proportion of village idiots in it. In added time some old boy started mouthing off at the top of his voice, instigating a 15 man melee on the stairs. The football club must be so proud of their fans on their big day. Bless.

Nice to be in a decent, packed stadium for a change, though, and an enjoyable game to go with it. As someone’s already said, watching that, you’d forget that it was a match in this wankstain of a league.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 21:16:32 »

The Pilgrims forum has a lot of better team won comments. Praise indeed and credit to RW and the team.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 21:32:34 »

I've watched the Doyle crowd dive a couple of times now and it gets better every time. Absolutely no doubt where he wants to play his football.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 21:55:18 »

I've watched the Doyle crowd dive a couple of times now and it gets better every time. Absolutely no doubt where he wants to play his football.
It's the fist pumping from within the melee that puts the biggest grin on my face

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 22:01:18 »

He fucking loves it. I love the way he celebrates when others score too. He's found his football "home". Also, you can fly to Dublin from Brizzle so no real problem when he wants to hop over the water.

You know what to do Eoin. 2.5yr deal lovely jubbly  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 22:02:22 »

I'd be surprised if Plymouth dont end up in the play offs.  They've been a good challenge in each of our games.
Flashheart

« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 22:05:17 »

I'd be surprised if Plymouth dont end up in the play offs.  They've been a good challenge in each of our games.

One of the best teams I've seen play against us this season. They more than matched us in the first half and they could have taken 3 points if they were more clinical.
kerslakeisgod

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 22:18:37 »

I recall the ref was 100% on their side for decision making &  bookings which might come back to haunt us.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 22:33:49 »

I thought Plymouth looked a very good side and that made it an even bigger win. They weren’t great defensively but looked very dangerous going forwards.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 22:37:55 by molepar » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 22:41:41 »

good reply by our social media man Ben on Twitter too (bless)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 22:42:45 »

I thought Plymouth looked a very good side and that made it an even bigger win. They weren’t fresh defensively but looked very dangerous going forwards.

Agreed. They were strong in every department except finishing. In the end, what has set us apart this year has been our - actually mainly just Doyle’s - ability to find the touch that gets the ball across the line. Without our loanee strikers, we would look very like Plymouth.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 22:46:34 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 23:00:50 »

I thought Plymouth looked a very good side and that made it an even bigger win. They weren’t great defensively but looked very dangerous going forwards.

They were having a lot of joy with the ball over the top in the first half, resulting in a few one on ones with Benda. We seemed to suss this out towards the end of the half, nullifying their attacking play.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
REDBUCK

« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 23:56:49 »

They were having a lot of joy with the ball over the top in the first half, resulting in a few one on ones with Benda. We seemed to suss this out towards the end of the half, nullifying their attacking play.
When Telford hobbled off they lost a bit of momentum and  we got a grip.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 08:26:08 »

DJ getting some rave reviews on the Plymouth forum.

‘Best player I’ve seen all season’ being one.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 08:36:38 »

When Telford hobbled off they lost a bit of momentum and  we got a grip.

Yep that helped us too. Their other tactic was to try and get the ball out quickly to the flanks and overload our fullbacks. Caddis stood up to it but Hunt struggled, resulting in their goal.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: