Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 43527 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:19:21 »

Anderson suspected pulled quad
Another Nathan Thompson, get rid.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:25:41 »

Another Nathan Thompson, get rid.

Suicide

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:30:52 »

Streamed it and haven't gone back.

66% and no goals says it all.

Final third poor and sudden awful defending.....Vale could of won 4:2!

Doyle unlucky ref Keeper trapping the ball with his ankles! Why was he waving at the crowd? Sad

Injuries compounded a shit day!

January looks to be our biggest month, on and off the pitch.

On to Argyle, I'm going and wearing the lucky boots.

COYR

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:31:14 »

Vale are 10th in the table. We STILL haven’t beaten a top ten team. Well, we’ve got a chance to prove ourselves now as, of the next 7 games, 6 are against top ten teams, plus Newport, who we’ve lost to. Are we confident?

This has been a sub plot for a while, along with resolving the loan situations.  When putting the two together, it throws up doubt, so really a case of wait and see.  The next two games should give us a fair indicator.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:33:16 »

Despite appearances, Vale weren't dirty. We just couldn't unlock them, and constantly tried to play through their ranks rather than unlocking them with good passing. It looked like understandably tired football, with Yates and Doyle getting very little space or service. Woolery saw loads of ball on the edge of their area, but never once did anything with it.  We've got to start doing something different with our corners and free-kicks. Positives? Grant and Zakuani were solid, and Isgrove looked lively.

So now we're likely to be down Iandolo, Baudry, Anderson for Plymouth. I hope Fryers is back. Is Broadbent close to fitness?

Yates had a poor day but eclipsed by Woolery....awful decision making again.

I would of taken this league position all day long in August.....sleeves need rolling up by players, fans and Chairman...

Clems Army!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:33:53 »

Wellens:

"Proud of players today, considering all the things that could go wrong did.

Just didn't happen for us today.

Wish he had made more changes. Looked at Boxing Day performance, didn't think he needed to. Beauty of hindsight.

Few comments about the Ref. Strange for only 2mins added. Especially when Pope took 2mins to walk off when subbed. Expected more. A lot went against us.

Want to get another 7/8 game winning run again. Says if he made 4/5 changes today and we lost people would be pointing the finger so tough to juggle. This time of year. Plymouth in mind. Players with bugs etc.

If Keshi scores different story.

Shocking tackle on Ian. Ref should've been stronger. Had him before v Numb. Was fair in assessment as mentioned Grant made a foul too.

Zeki not ready for Plym (we've heard that before) and Baudry out for 2-3weeks. Will have to think about CB pairing with Zakuani for Plymouth and Bradford.

Nothing concrete on loans yet. Will have to get a shift on for CB but not in time for NYD.

Schedule ridiculous and references picking up injuries and heavier pitches."

That was about it. Honest, possibly painted it a little more negatively but I think after he's had chance to reflect and assess he may think a little differently. We usually bounce back. I think Zeki not being ready could be a bluff to give Plymouth the run around.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 18:02:25 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:38:09 »

Wellens:

"Proud of players today, considering all the things that could go wrong did.

Just didn't happen for us today.

Wish he had made more changes. Looked a Boxing Day performance, didn't think he needed to. Beauty of hindsight.

Few comments about the Ref. Strange for only 2mins added. Especially when Pope took 2mins to walk off when subbed. Expected more. A lot went against us.

Want to get another 7/8 game winning run again. Says if he made 4/5 changes today and we lost people would be pointing the finger so tough to juggle. This time of year. Plymouth in mind. Players with bugs etc.

If Keshi scores different story.

Shocking tackle on Ian. Ref should've been stronger. Had him before v Numb. Was fair in assessment as mentioned Grant made a foul too.

Zeki not ready for Plym (we've heard that before) and Baudry out for 2-3weeks. Will have to think about CB pairing with Zakuani for Plymouth and Bradford.

Nothing concrete on loans yet. Will have to get a shift on for CB but not in time for NYD.

Schedule ridiculous and references picking up injuries and heavier pitches."

That was about it. Honest possibly painted it a little more negatively but I think after he's had chance to reflect and assess he may think a little differently. We usually bounce back. I think Zeki not being ready could be a bluff to give Plymouth the run around.

All fair except the ref who let play go on for both sides....we committed a few too.

Clems Army!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:49:33 »

You’ve got to love that at 2-0 down and with not much bar the walking dead left standing on the pitch, Wellens still complains about only getting 2 mins et. 

Though tbf, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game that deserved only 2 mins et. Ridiculous.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:52:45 »

There should defintiely have been more. Not that it would have made a difference.

Still, I remember Alex Ferguson once saying something similar. If it's good enough for him, then...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 17:59:38 »

All fair except the ref who let play go on for both sides....we committed a few too.

Think you need to re-read the quote. Wellens mentions Grant got away with a stonewall foul...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 18:07:38 »

To be honest on reflection now I’m on the way home the result is irrelevant so I’m over that. The injuries will have a bigger impact on our near term chances than any single result. To go from a near fully fit squad at the Vegans to be missing 3 (or 4 if you include Iandolo) for the next few games is a big blow. Today even excluding the result it was our worst nightmares becoming reality, you don’t realise how key Baudry and Fryers are to the way we play until we are without them as most of our moves start at the back and meant Benda had to look long which didn’t work. Zakuani is a good stopper but he beyond poor with his feet and Vale knew that just letting have the ball.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 18:33:19 »

Oh and those moaning about our crowd on Boxing Day look at the Vale crowd today, 5,400 with over 800 of them from us and they’d only lost once at home all season.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 19:30:56 »

Seems odd losing to Port Vale as I can't remember many defeats to them since I started watching Town in 1990.

Shame to taste defeat again but it was going to happen some time.  I think we'll get the 3 points at Plymouth.  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
willwalder

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 20:20:26 »

The nine match unbeaten run in the league is over and three players are out injured from today's game.

Hear Richie Wellens talk about the result and the ref here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07z4crp
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 21:08:59 »

People have said the challenge on Iandolo was fair, looking at this still it looks like a scissor challenge. Lucky not to get a red!

https://twitter.com/swindon_fantv/status/1211304517599404033?s=21
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: