Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 43292 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 11:08:05 »

At home they have lost to the very poor Walsall only a couple of weeks ago,

It should be noted that Walsall haven't lost since we beat them 2nd Nov, they like Scunny have picked up after poor spells.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 11:11:05 »

Apparently it's the full opening of the facilities at Home Park on new year's day, up to 18k capacity. Home tickets all ticket too?

Just away I believe. 1850 tickets should be enough for us, however that stand could easily accommodate 3000 away fans. I guess they want to keep us ruffians away from the family area in the corner of that stand.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 11:27:40 »

It should be noted that Walsall haven't lost since we beat them 2nd Nov, they like Scunny have picked up after poor spells.
True, against us though they were pretty poor especially in attack, but then again so have been pretty much every side barring a handful of teams.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 11:46:10 »

A few views from Vale fans on tomorrows clash, seems like Grant upset them when he left!

Swindon might be at the top at the moment but that should not worry our players how we can perform

If Crewe can beat them i'm sure the Vale can.

Toughest league game of the season at Vale Park. They have won 14 to our 7, lost 5 to our 6, can we beat the odds? Unbeaten in the league since their loss to Crewe in October, 2 late goals decided it !!.  How about it Vale? It would be a big confidence boost.

Another top team, another open game.
Suits Vale down to the ground.
Our best performances have come in precisely this type of contest.
Obviously also a tough one, but should be an absorbing encounter.

Swindon are the best team in the league so I’d expect the Vale will be up for this with it being the last home game of the year .
Will be going this game as I’m expecting Swindon will bring a fair few with doing so well .
Lets hope we do not respect them too much and get the crowd going by winning 50 /50s early and being brave 

Our toughest game this season so far IMO. I’d be very pleased with a point, but like some people are saying we always turn up against the in-form sides in the league. We need to keep Doyle quiet because he is obviously their danger man

It will be interesting to see what sort of welcome Anthony Grant gets tomorrow.

He'll get stick, booed whenever he touches the ball.
This will result in him running the entire game; the bloke loves the attention. The Franchise game on the telly the season he left springs to mind, where he won MOTM. The home game against Crewe, after some criticism of him by them in the week, where he scored a worldie.
The best thing the Vale fans could do is ignore him, but they'll get some sort of weird kick out of booing him and he'll relish it, and pick us apart. Guaranteed. He'll be MOTM tomorrow.

I would rest Pope for this one and play the much more mobile Archer, who might be able to pressure the deep lying Grant into mistakes. 
Massive round of applause for Grant from me, the match when he ran on the pitch at the end to remonstrate with the ref was particularly memorable.

Never ever understood the hate for him on here. Called lazy, bone idle, heart not in it etc.  Complete hogwash.
Grant is one of the best midfield players of the last few years . Could run a game on his own, and his own subtle way of winning free kicks to waste time ( as I'm sure we'll see tomorrow ) would of seen the clock run down at Mansfield.
Be no boos from me , the sale of him and Alnwick by the greedy one cost us our League one status.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 12:24:29 »

Just away I believe. 1850 tickets should be enough for us, however that stand could easily accommodate 3000 away fans. I guess they want to keep us ruffians away from the family area in the corner of that stand.
Around 1000 sold apparently when I enquired before the Cambridge game,  probably a few still available, on sale until 1' o'clock Monday, home tickets already sold out,   don't know what they plan to do with any we may return,   can't see them selling them to home fans.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 12:41:24 »

Around 1000 sold apparently when I enquired before the Cambridge game,  probably a few still available, on sale until 1' o'clock Monday, home tickets already sold out,   don't know what they plan to do with any we may return,   can't see them selling them to home fans.
According to their forum there are loads of spare seats in the Plymouth end.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 12:45:53 »

Just got mine.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 15:40:49 »

Yeah club just tweeted over 900 sold.
Fully expect around 1100 in the end.
Long boring old trek for NY day that and £25 tickets not cheapest.
kerslakeisgod

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 08:13:54 »

Hi all,  can I get an away ticket before setting off  from the county ground today, or are they on sale up there ?.  Cant  get one online, so is it all ticket ?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 08:27:26 »

Hi all,  can I get an away ticket before setting off  from the county ground today, or are they on sale up there ?.  Cant  get one online, so is it all ticket ?

Supporters have until kick off for our game on 26th December v Cambridge to purchase tickets for this fixture. Tickets will also be available on the day to Swindon supporters with a £2 increase.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/away-tickets-port-vale/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 09:25:05 »

We’re currently on a run of 13 consecutive matches where we have scored and we’ve scored in every away game.

Can Doyle play NYD at Plymouth?
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 09:28:22 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 09:41:18 »

They seem pretty upbeat on their forum (onevalefan.co.uk). I assume they must be playing well in spite of the indifferent recent results. Grant seems to be a bit of a Marmite character for them, drawing both positive and negative comments. The following sums it up really...

We've seen plenty to back up the comments from the first paragraph, absolutely nothing from the second...and I totally agree with the third and hope the poster is right...

"It is fact that in terms of raw talent Anthony Grant is as good as we've had in the past decade. Would dictate games to his whim in the league above. Good engine, good vision, good technical ability. One of the few players we've had who should have played in the Championship.

Petulant, at times lazy, disrespectful; say what you want about his character. He clearly gave up mid-Bruno experiment (apart from the televised Dons game) and then left as soon as he could.

However, he has no business being in League 2 and will most likely be the best player on the park tomorrow.

2-1 to us...Doyle, Anderson
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 09:52:50 »

Looking at at the basic stats.

Vale. DDDLL
GF. 28 GA. 29
L. POS. 10

Town. WDWWW
GF. 43 GA. 24
L. POS. 1

Odds. H 13/5 D 13/5 A 22/19

Of course nothing is guaranteed, however, stats don’t lie.

Other notable fixtures today worth keeping an eye on.

Argyle v St. Evenage*
Military Clink v Grecians
Vegans v Rain Deflectors
Railway Junction v Blast furnace Operators
Curry Mecca v DUM v NUM (one for P A U L)

*Although bottom of the league St. Evenage do top the table with 11 draws, worth also noting all the way up to Scunny in 12th only three teams have lost less than then them. Argyle should win but we’re talking about football here.

Thought i’d have some fun with the fixtures as i’m bored.

As I mentioned before a win today 1-3 keep up the MOMENTUM 😁
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 10:10:57 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 09:54:14 »

Can Doyle play NYD at Plymouth?

I believe Doyle's loan ends on the weekend of the Bradford game which is he cant play against us either.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, December 29, 2019, 09:57:31 »

I believe Doyle's loan ends on the weekend of the Bradford game which is he cant play against us either.

It doesnt end, unless they recall him.
Season long loan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: