Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cambridge pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 66049 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 15:15:16 »

Marlborough last week,  Blue Water threatened,   you must be a glutton for punishment !!.

Please help me and notify human rights organisation

Cats are better than dogs FACT
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 15:25:06 »

Please help me and notify human rights organisation

Sorry mate, would love to help but ......     Worked out well for me this year - for a change - staying at families in Melksham over Xmas,  so perfect excuse, you go shopping love,  I'll take the boys to football !!,  Daughter is here over the weekend, wasn't going to PV anyway,  but tell her indoors I was but I'll stay home because of the family,  so, she's given me a pass for Plymouth !!,  happy days !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 15:28:48 »

Sorry mate, would love to help but ......     Worked out well for me this year - for a change - staying at families in Melksham over Xmas,  so perfect excuse, you go shopping love,  I'll take the boys to football !!,  Daughter is here over the weekend, wasn't going to PV anyway,  but tell her indoors I was but I'll stay home because of the family,  so, she's given me a pass for Plymouth !!,  happy days !!.

I've been told I can have the 6 game bundle ticket for Christmas, so it's not all bad. I'd just love to make a Boxing Day game one year.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 15:37:54 »

Group of 12 of us there on Thursday, incl a few first timers.

Thursday football seems wrong somehow.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 15:47:22 »

A few views from their forum about the upcoming game.

The only predictable thing about us is that you can rely on us not to get turned over. I think that'll always give us a chance.

hopefully we absolutely crush this cowardly flushed turd of a football club. Probably more than any other club in this league we owe them a proper bruising

We will get stuffed (sorry) 4-0.

What do you base that on?
We’ve not been stuffed in a game this season if you exclude Swansea.
I personally don’t see us winning but I think 2-0 at worse!!

I base it on us being useless at set piece defending, no fire power, and Swindon being top.

I feel like our problem is that we struggle to dictate the tempo of the game against sides that look to do to us what we'll want to do to Swindon (absorb pressure, make the most of your counter attacks by getting the ball forward quickly). We did a fairly good job of taking the game to Orient in the second half

Sorry this could possibly be the game we get thumped ,certainly won’t be in my accumulator for a away win

1st return fixture of the season after we beat them fairly comfortably 1-0 at their place back in September with a poachers goal from Yates. We were far from our best in that game but still won. I remember Cambs had 3 of the slowest CB's I have ever seen, even Doyle was beating them for pace!

They seem to have reverted back to a 2 CB line up and getting some decent results.

They have won away games at Crewe, Colchester and Mansfield (4-0) and beaten Exeter at home 4-0, but have also been beaten by Walsall, Orient and Oldham.

Only Northampton have beaten them by a 2 goal margin in the league and only Orient have managed to score 3 goals against them, although Swansea put 6 past them in the LC.

Their leading scorer this season so far is famous singer/songwriter Sam Smith on loan to them from Capitol Records, he has scored 5 league goals so far plus 3 in the cups and will be the danger man up front for them with Ex Town player Marc Richards coming off the bench recently a few times but not starting very often. And other ex Town player Knoyle has been injured for the past few weeks.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 16:08:41 »

Didn’t they have a player sent off in their last game? He’ll be banned Thursday if so.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 16:29:19 »

"coweredly flushed turd of a football club"

what have we done to piss on Cambridge's chips. I mean I don't care about the opposition fans hating us, they should.  just wondered
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 16:43:11 »

Two things come to mind.  Both from a while ago.

First (& this is a bit weak), we came up against them several times in the early 1990s.  Both clubs doing well and challenging for promotion to the Premier League.  Polar opposites in terms of playing style, though.  The press favoured our free-flowing game (under Hoddle) massively over Cambridge's route 1, lump it forward game (under John Beck).  I imagine that it got under their noses a bit.

Then I think there was a game (FA Cup ?) maybe 10 years later that we called off during the fuel protests.  Cambridge were flying high at the time, and they didn't like it.  Am I remembering this correctly?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 16:44:40 »

Remember going there with Hoddle and wrecking Beck’s ‘footballing’ philosophy.

They seemed to have stayed the same for decades. Did they drop out of the league along the way?

What a non-entity of a club.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 16:55:57 »

Two things come to mind.  Both from a while ago.

First (& this is a bit weak), we came up against them several times in the early 1990s.  Both clubs doing well and challenging for promotion to the Premier League.  Polar opposites in terms of playing style, though.  The press favoured our free-flowing game (under Hoddle) massively over Cambridge's route 1, lump it forward game (under John Beck).  I imagine that it got under their noses a bit.

Then I think there was a game (FA Cup ?) maybe 10 years later that we called off during the fuel protests.  Cambridge were flying high at the time, and they didn't like it.  Am I remembering this correctly?

Perhaps it's becasue Power was in charge and nearly took them out of the Conference. Jimmy Quinn cam in as gaffer late on and did enough to keep them up.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 17:05:19 »

Hi folks

Can anyone help ?

It seems that there are no trains from Bristol that day,
despite the fact that engineering works are not happening anywhere near either town (!)

There also seem to be no coaches either !

Anyone have any suggestions for how to get there
(witticisms aside)

Thanks
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 17:23:35 »

2-1 win in front of 9505.

Top of the league and it's Xmas Eve, what's not to like!

Have a great Xmas everyone.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 17:59:08 »

Not many tickets left in the Nationwide Stand from what i've heard.

I tried to buy some this morning, and only single seats left in the middle three blocks

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 21:03:49 »

Hi folks

Can anyone help ?

It seems that there are no trains from Bristol that day,
despite the fact that engineering works are not happening anywhere near either town (!)

There also seem to be no coaches either !

Anyone have any suggestions for how to get there
(witticisms aside)

Thanks

Trains don't run on Boxing Day.  Maybe find a friendly Bristol-based Town fan with a car?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 21:08:40 by Ardiles » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 22:32:36 »

Didn’t they have a player sent off in their last game? He’ll be banned Thursday if so.
Yes, winger Reggie Lambe was sent off for 2 yellows,  not too sure how influential he is in the squad though.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: