Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: More Reg stuff.  (Read 7154 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 20:21:29 »

I think we need a Regipedia so that we can reference the rules and be 100% clear to avoid future confusion. Im still waiting on him to confirm power's seismic changes on recruitment for spending fees on old players that hasn't happened but happened regularly under flitcroft/brown.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
a
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 20:30:30 »

It was a contradiction, not a tautology. And there's no way anyone in their right mind who's watched both keepers would compare the two as even remotely in the same bracket

Both were back up options when we're in Div 4, both have played 20 odd games, both have had some good games making decent saves, both have had some stinkers which may have cost us points..... pretty much what you'd expect.

I wouldn't particularly want to see R C-C again and I don't particularly want to see LMc again.

You only have to go back to Vigouroux, to know there were those on here who thought we'd be getting a decent fee for him, but the odd poster Shrivvy Road who felt he wasn't all that.  Personally I always felt lacked mental toughness which is key for keepers, they can all mostly stop shots.

It's all about opinion and although you like to dish out abuse my way..... my opinion is as valid as yours or anybody else's on here, and I'll always try to focus on that rather than personal abuse. So it's my opinion that I hope we don't see LMc again this season, like I don't want to see R C-C.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
a
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 20:35:20 »

It's all about opinion and although you like to dish out abuse my way..... my opinion is as valid as yours or anybody else's on here, and I'll always try to focus on that rather than personal abuse.
Completely agree. Where was the abuse? Getting to the stage no-one can post a contradictory* opinion without you complaining you're being "bullied" or "abused". You're not. Folk just don't agree with you sometimes. I'd have thought you'd be used to that by now

* as opposed to tautologous Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 20:37:47 by pauld » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 20:43:23 »

Completely agree. Where was the abuse? Getting to the stage no-one can post a contradictory* opinion without you complaining you're being "bullied" or "abused". You're not. Folk just don't agree with you sometimes. I'd have thought you'd be used to that by now

* as opposed to tautologous Smiley

And there's no way anyone in their right mind who's watched both keepers would compare the two as even remotely in the same bracket

Implied here as I'm comparing the 2, in their role as back up keeper.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 21:03:32 »

Implied here as I'm comparing the 2, in their role as back up keeper.
Oh come on. "Anyone in their right mind" is a perfectly common term, it's not "abuse". You're becoming a bit of a precious little petal.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 21:17:24 »

Oh come on. "Anyone in their right mind" is a perfectly common term, it's not "abuse". You're becoming a bit of a precious little petal.

Maybe you need to rethink your use of it.... to me it stigmatizes mental health issues.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 21:21:45 »

It's the Christmas season, so I have unblocked Reg.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 21:23:30 »

Maybe you need to rethink your use of it.... to me it stigmatizes mental health issues.

Immediately tempted to block again.

Fuck off Reg, that's bad even by your standards.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 21:44:02 »

For fucks sake Reg, come on, thought this forum thing was supposed to be a bit of fun.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 21:57:47 »

For fucks sake Reg, come on, thought this forum thing was supposed to be a bit of fun.

It is, but there's still always 25% football, and in that bit, I worry about LMc as back up.  That he volunteered to bench himself citing a lack of confidence, although commendably honest doesn't fill with hope if he is called upon, especially as we move to the business end of the season.

Interestingly Robinson at Oxford, is big on the mental health aspect of his players, and reckons they're the only club that employs a psychotherapist.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18098433.oxford-uniteds-unique-psychotherapy-project-gary-bloom-winning-hearts-minds/
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 22:02:01 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 23:25:23 »

Interestingly Robinson at Oxford, is big on the mental health aspect of his players, and reckons they're the only club that employs a psychotherapist.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18098433.oxford-uniteds-unique-psychotherapy-project-gary-bloom-winning-hearts-minds/
Although the article says he'd previously worked with psychotherapists at Charlton so perhaps not? I think most clubs these days have sports psychologists on the staff, if only on a part-time/consultative basis in a lot of cases, and most of what the therapist describes as being his role in that article would also be covered by a sports psych. The idea that "treating the human before the athlete" is exclusively the preserve of psychotherapists is somewhat out of date - it's commonplace among sports psychs these days as well
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 00:51:58 »

I think LMc is a more than adequate backup keeper. We're very lucky to have two decent keepers at this level. One nearer their beginning, one closer to their end. Except both could still be around for awhile.

A lot of people bullshitted me when I said Vigs would be off and LMc would become No.1. Many of us (you clearly don't Reggie Boy) don't like the previous that is a huge amount of baggage that comes with LMc. He is though a decent keeper.

Yes a lot of keepers are good shot stoppers. I was even defensive of RCC because I felt for a young keeper he did need more support and guidance to build confidence.  Much like it appears Wellens is doing so with Broadbent currently. The difference between RCC and LMc is glaringly obvious...LMc can stop shots...RCC really can't.

That's my opinion of course, no doubt you'll call me a cunt but it'll be in that condescending political way that you tend to answer in.

Merry Christmas Reg. There's much bigger fish to fry ya know Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 09:36:05 »

So after making a big deal virtue signalling about boycotting if LMc signed/played and then quietly forgetting about it we have this?  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 09:59:44 »

Although the article says he'd previously worked with psychotherapists at Charlton so perhaps not? I think most clubs these days have sports psychologists on the staff, if only on a part-time/consultative basis in a lot of cases, and most of what the therapist describes as being his role in that article would also be covered by a sports psych. The idea that "treating the human before the athlete" is exclusively the preserve of psychotherapists is somewhat out of date - it's commonplace among sports psychs these days as well

Robinson seems to think his man's position is unique, because he's embedded in the club.... I don't know, just taking it at face value.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:00:34 »

LMc 100 times better than RCC or Moore and at least on a par with Vigs IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: