Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: More Reg stuff.  (Read 7156 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 13:35:11 »

That and the fact he left gaping holes in the squad for certain positions.

LMc should have been included, but I'm trying to forget about him.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 15:15:49 »

LMc should have been included, but I'm trying to forget about him.
Nothing wrong with McCormick,  probably the best back up keeper in the lower divisions.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 16:43:23 »

Nothing wrong with McCormick,  probably the best back up keeper in the lower divisions.

I'm not privy to the bench sitting custodians at the other 47 Div 3/4 clubs, so will have to bow to your expertise on the subject, and will await with interest your analysis on these.

However it's an interesting point that LMc appearances and win ratio is almost exactly the same as R C-C and most thought him not up to it.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 17:03:28 »

I'm not privy to the bench sitting custodians at the other 47 Div 3/4 clubs, so will have to bow to your expertise on the subject, and will await with interest your analysis on these.

However it's an interesting point that LMc appearances and win ratio is almost exactly the same as R C-C and most thought him not up to it.

*almost exactly"   Head Hurts
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 17:21:27 »

Nothing to do with analysis or  figures Reg,  this is my opinion based on nothing other than what I have seen.  Yes,  Benda may currently be a better keeper but I still consider McCormick an excellent back up.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 17:33:30 »

And in any case, win/loss ratios have nothing to do with how good a goalkeeper or any player for that matter is...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 17:47:50 »

Reg is just being a bellend he can't help it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 17:49:11 »

Anyone even remotely conflating Luke & RCC needs their head examining.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 17:50:43 »

Huh??.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 19:17:44 »

*almost exactly"   Head Hurts

Tautologies aside LMc has a win ratio of 55.4%, R C-C 54.5. Very similar
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 19:20:17 »

And in any case, win/loss ratios have nothing to do with how good a goalkeeper or any player for that matter is...

I missed the bit where people's subjective opinions about the game and players replaced points gained as being of paramount importance.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 19:33:52 »

Perhaps the head examining should be applied to our keepers.... RC-C admitted a crisis of confidence after his Lincoln error and sought support.... LMc admitted a crisis of confidence after a run of poor results and asked to be rested.

GK is a unique position, it isn't pleasant to see a chap suffer through loss of bottle, but it happens to a lot of them, even top level types like de Gea and Lloris a WC winner.  Lloris's meltdown even led to him knackering himself failing to make a most routine save.

Hopefully LMc won't be called upon again this season, as I'm not sure he's up to it, a bit like R C-C ultimately wasn't.

Don't know what's happening with Henry... when Wellens gave him a new contract I assumed it was because they thought he might be used rather than anothr loan to Chippy etc.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 19:54:51 »

RCC doesn't have the necessary ability (some of which may be mental), Luke may have lost some confidence.  He is still a much better keeper under both circumstances, by a big margin.  A much worse person it can be argued, but on an equation of keepers, Luke >>>>>>> RCC.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 19:57:36 »

Just to be clear, a team’s win % is the true way to evaluate 2 players?

The eye test, which in my humble opinion would heavily favour LM, is not relevant?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 19:57:46 »

Tautologies aside
It was a contradiction, not a tautology. And there's no way anyone in their right mind who's watched both keepers would compare the two as even remotely in the same bracket
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: