Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Reg Smeeton Memorial Community Engagement Thread  (Read 71081 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:20:15 »

I have no idea where you are going with this Reg, I merely posted a single sentence suggesting it would be good for the club to have close ties with nearby schools.  You seem to want to take that to a conclusion without any discussion of how it would work - deciding the logistics for yourself.  Nobody is going to post "it would be good to have a close relationship with a local school, and make sure it costs them money in the process".  Quite clearly, if it was not mutually beneficial it would in fact be a bad idea.  For fucks sake.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:26:22 »

I have no idea where you are going with this Reg, I merely posted a single sentence suggesting it would be good for the club to have close ties with nearby schools.  You seem to want to take that to a conclusion without any discussion of how it would work - deciding the logistics for yourself.  Nobody is going to post "it would be good to have a close relationship with a local school, and make sure it costs them money in the process".  Quite clearly, if it was not mutually beneficial it would in fact be a bad idea.  For fucks sake.

I am not convinced the goalposts are now in the same timezone as to where they started?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:29:09 »

I do find it funny that the Tories might be to blame for STFC not being able to engage with the community though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:32:07 »

I suggested that having a close relationship wasn't something which was happening or going to happen, this led to plenty of discussion. The point being that when for example there was a close relationship with Drove through the Study Centre, it was ultimately axed as too expensive.  Therefore we're not likely to see anything like that....

The key point was understanding what is meant by close..... how would you define it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:43:19 »

I do find it funny that the Tories might be to blame for STFC not being able to engage with the community though.

You might not have found it funny had you lost your job as a result of this austerity measure, or if your kid was deprived of an educational experience
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:43:57 »

having a school in the ground is close
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:48:55 »

You might not have found it funny had you lost your job as a result of this austerity measure, or if your kid was deprived of an educational experience

Jesus.... not sure whether the point has been entirely missed or just desperation is setting in!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:53:29 »

FFS don't tell him a lot of secondary schools are skint due to Labour's PFI initiative.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:58:07 »

Reg, it's not even worth discussing with you - how anyone takes a comment that it might be good to foster relationships with nearby schools and turns into some sort of Political debate full of negativity is beyond me frankly.

WTF has Austerity got to do with whether or not it might be a good idea for a football club to offer some freebies though?  You do have some odd desire to twist everything to a narrative, which was the point.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 18:05:47 »

FFS don't tell him a lot of secondary schools are skint due to Labour's PFI initiative.
Ah, but that was not 'proper' labour, that lot were not ideologically pure.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 18:11:07 »

You do realise that all this is a only a way of maintaining some sort of social interaction during those long empty days of retirement? He'll always have more time and motivation than you to argue the toss.

I was sympathetic until he acted like a dick.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 18:14:34 »

And if Reg fancies seeing what under funded education looks like, he can pop over here and I can show him my little ones school - we get a list at the start of each school year of items to buy for the class and the teachers have to buy any books they want to use.  It's OK though, they can claim it as an expense on their Tax Returns.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 19:34:32 »

Reg, it's not even worth discussing with you -

Fair enough, for me discussion is good.... but I know it's not for everyone.

Anything in education will always have a political element.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 09:14:38 »

Even though the game was cancelled on Saturday, Doughty and Rose still took the time to talk to the kids teams doing the FitC Saturday Team Club.

https://twitter.com/STFCfoundation/status/1228979007741362176

Hopefully made up for their disappointment at the game being off a little bit.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 09:29:26 »

Please accept my ignorance if this is the wrong thread for this post.
I am looking at buying my boys a flag for an enhanced matchday travel experience. (in the back window of the car)
Do any of you have any experience of similar purchases, if so what company was it?
I've looked at a couple on the interweb just looking for a cheaper version as it's not going to be flying from a mast.

Cheers in advance.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 09:31:55 by skiptotheLouMacari » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: