Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Reg Smeeton Memorial Community Engagement Thread  (Read 71078 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 11:03:41 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/gallery-a-gleeful-win-over-the-grecians/

The last picture in the gallery of RW with the 3 mascots on Saturday tells you all you need to know about the Club and fan engagement right now - and it's got fuck all to do with Ofsted...
Flashheart

« Reply #226 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 11:06:45 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/gallery-a-gleeful-win-over-the-grecians/

The last picture in the gallery of RW with the 3 mascots on Saturday tells you all you need to know about the Club and fan engagement right now - and it's got fuck all to do with Ofsted...

Yeah.

But how's their trigonometry coming along?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 11:22:35 »

just an idea. maybe we should put mathematical symbols on players shirts then at every freekick the uneducated, freebie ticket taking, unengaged kids have to work out the answer before its taken.

doughty/ grant x yates = ?

others can include. swindon town receive 70% of all liquids purchased. if 2000 fans bought chicken balti pies and a cup of bovril.  How much would Swindon receive and how much would Lindley Catering?       
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 11:26:06 »

This thread (in places) tells you all you need know about the club and fan engagement right now.

Countless examples on a weekly basis of excellent fan engagement, with almost every poster commending the club on the clear efforts made this season
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 11:32:33 »

How so?  The club has been doing mascots for years, in fact, Carol Birt and her teddy at Wembley in 69 was one of the first.

They do it to make money nothing wrong with that but it's no differnt atm than it has been for years in that department
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 11:43:30 »

just an idea. maybe we should put mathematical symbols on players shirts then at every freekick the uneducated, freebie ticket taking, unengaged kids have to work out the answer before its taken.

doughty/ grant x yates = ?

others can include. swindon town receive 70% of all liquids purchased. if 2000 fans bought chicken balti pies and a cup of bovril.  How much would Swindon receive and how much would Lindley Catering?     

Of course this was the sort of thing done at the Study Centre.... develop a spread sheet to work things out.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 11:49:47 »

Good to see this FiTC initiative this week.....

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18205999.foundation-park-swindon-twinned-belgium-peace-field/
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #232 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 12:07:14 »

How so?  The club has been doing mascots for years, in fact, Carol Birt and her teddy at Wembley in 69 was one of the first.

They do it to make money nothing wrong with that but it's no differnt atm than it has been for years in that department

Because in that photo he's clearly teaching them algebra.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:27:56 »

Well to me it is obvious. Yes the Club have been doing mascot packages for years and years but I would imagine an awful lot, perhaps most, of our previous managers would have had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Richie Wellens, on a match day would have 1,001 things going through his mind but he has taken the time to sit down and talk to those lads - 'engage' with them in fact. To me, taking the trouble to do that before such a huge game is the ultimate example of fan engagement.

How many managers, before a top of the table clash with so much at stake would do that I wonder? I personally think it's pretty amazing - maybe I'm just easily impressed.

I have to admit, I don't quite grasp the point of this thread but if the question is "Are the Club making huge steps forward in re-engaging with the fan base?", then yes - absolutely. Credit where it's due.

And for all we know, maybe he was teaching them fucking algebra...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:31:56 »

I have to admit, I don't quite grasp the point of this thread but if the question is "Are the Club making huge steps forward in re-engaging with the fan base?", then yes - absolutely. Credit where it's due.
Yes that is the point of the thread, despite the best efforts of some to derail onto a different track when their central thesis is continually disproved.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:55:24 »

Yes that is the point of the thread, despite the best efforts of some to derail onto a different track when their central thesis is continually disproved.
I literally don't have a clue what he is talking about...
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:02:19 »

Perhaps I can just put the FITC argument to bed, as a former trustee of not many years past. FITC was set up across the Football League because it was recognized that clubs were not engaging with the community in the way that communities had a right to expect, or at least hope for. Originally, it was an integral part of the clubs' structures.  However, sadly, it became clear after a few years, that money granted towards FITC activities was disappearing into the coffers of some clubs. (No great shock there!!)

In response to the outcry, FITC was required to become an independent entity, a policy which was pursued in different ways at different clubs.  Some have become enormous operations (e.g. Charlton), and huge budgets, and whilst remaining associated with parent clubs, are physically separate, have their own CEOs etc etc.  Some I have dealt with are much more closely tied in with the activities of the club.  At Sheffield Utd, for instance, the Chair of the club is also Chair of FITC, and he exercises considerable influence over some of their activities.

The Swindon Town Community Foundation, as it now is, is independent, and makes all its own decisions about programmes, and raises its own funds.  However, it is closely associated with the club, even more so now Foundation Park has been established. All staff wear the STFC logo on their kit, many programmes make use of the County Ground, the club appoints a trustee, club players and the manager take part in programmes as much as is possible for them, the Foundation team have (or did have) a room of their own within the main office block at the ground, for meetings and hospitality, and, from personal interaction with a lot of people, I know that, whatever the technical relationship, the Foundation is seen as the club's community interaction, as it was always intended to be - and it brings great credit to the club.

There are many ways in which the club does, or might reach out to the community from which most of its supporters come, but to try to pretend that somehow the Community Foundation is not one, very significant part of the whole is, frankly, bonkers.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:44:07 »

Perhaps I can just put the FITC argument to bed, as a former trustee of not many years past. FITC was set up across the Football League because it was recognized that clubs were not engaging with the community in the way that communities had a right to expect, or at least hope for. Originally, it was an integral part of the clubs' structures.  However, sadly, it became clear after a few years, that money granted towards FITC activities was disappearing into the coffers of some clubs. (No great shock there!!)

In response to the outcry, FITC was required to become an independent entity, a policy which was pursued in different ways at different clubs.  Some have become enormous operations (e.g. Charlton), and huge budgets, and whilst remaining associated with parent clubs, are physically separate, have their own CEOs etc etc.  Some I have dealt with are much more closely tied in with the activities of the club.  At Sheffield Utd, for instance, the Chair of the club is also Chair of FITC, and he exercises considerable influence over some of their activities.

The Swindon Town Community Foundation, as it now is, is independent, and makes all its own decisions about programmes, and raises its own funds.  However, it is closely associated with the club, even more so now Foundation Park has been established. All staff wear the STFC logo on their kit, many programmes make use of the County Ground, the club appoints a trustee, club players and the manager take part in programmes as much as is possible for them, the Foundation team have (or did have) a room of their own within the main office block at the ground, for meetings and hospitality, and, from personal interaction with a lot of people, I know that, whatever the technical relationship, the Foundation is seen as the club's community interaction, as it was always intended to be - and it brings great credit to the club.

There are many ways in which the club does, or might reach out to the community from which most of its supporters come, but to try to pretend that somehow the Community Foundation is not one, very significant part of the whole is, frankly, bonkers.

Clap
[/thread] Please?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #238 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:44:59 »

Bah, you can prove anything with 'facts'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 17:07:33 »

What argument are you trying to put to bed?  Don't think anybody has said anything other than FiTC is independent of the club but in a symbiotic relationship. So for example in the CWeal 6th link I posted up the point was made that the kids wear STFC logos on their kits, but the funding for the courses comes through FiTC and CWeal.  It rubs off on STFC in a good way.

This is the way forward, especially with the new hub on the extension, not so much that proposed by some like Rob and others dream is already happening, that STFC independent of FiTC, should be getting involved in close relationships with nearby schools

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: