Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Reg Smeeton Memorial Community Engagement Thread  (Read 71821 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 20:08:19 »

And pieces in today's match day programme on the OAP Dinner, Christmas Hospital Visit...and a two page spread with a lovely pic of Doughty playing bingo with a lady of senior years.

F***, me - it's a wonder they find time to play any football.  What more do you want, Reg?  Blood?!   Cheesy
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 20:10:44 »

And pieces in today's match day programme on the OAP Dinner, Christmas Hospital Visit...and a two page spread with a lovely pic of Doughty playing bingo with a lady of senior years.

F***, me - it's a wonder they find time to play any football.  What more do you want, Reg?  Blood?!   Cheesy

No wonder they're so knackered.

Less community engagement, I say!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, January 4, 2020, 20:12:36 »

F***, me - it's a wonder they find time to play any football.  What more do you want, Reg?  Blood?!   Cheesy
If he does, the County Ground hosts regular blood donor sessions so he could rock up there and see if he could borrow some Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 16:21:15 »

F***, me - it's a wonder they find time to play any football.  What more do you want, Reg?  Blood?!   Cheesy

The Christmas stuff has been done for years, as has using the CG as a blood donor venue.

Sort of thing which interests me, is for example back in the summer it came out that the end bit of the Arkells would be closed this season, now there were people in there who'd had season tickets for years, who as far as I know received no explanation of why... further, I'm not sure the rest of us did either.   Now it's entirely possible I've missed the explanation from the club, but looked to me as a classic example of piss off some fans, without care.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 16:42:28 »

This is not accurate.
A relative of mine had a season ticket in the now closed section of the Arkells For a number of years. He told me that they were asked to move to the next section because the end bit was going to be closed as this would reduce the costs of stewarding as fewer stewards would be required if that section is kept empty. They were given a choice from the vacant seats in the next section along when it happened.
To say there was “no explanation” is factually wrong, as in that case they received a full explanation.
 It’s not ideal but in reality reducing unnecessary costs to align with gate income is sensible in my view - and is it any different from only opening certain areas for the Boycott trophy?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 16:50:19 »

The Christmas stuff has been done for years, as has using the CG as a blood donor venue.

Sort of thing which interests me, is for example back in the summer it came out that the end bit of the Arkells would be closed this season, now there were people in there who'd had season tickets for years, who as far as I know received no explanation of why... further, I'm not sure the rest of us did either.   Now it's entirely possible I've missed the explanation from the club, but looked to me as a classic example of piss off some fans, without care.

Everyone directly affected would have been told. I wouldn't class that as community engagement anyway.

p.s can we change the title of this thread? I keep thinking Reg has died when i see a post in the latest topics. Just remove the memorial?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 17:14:13 »

This is not accurate.
A relative of mine had a season ticket in the now closed section of the Arkells For a number of years. He told me that they were asked to move to the next section because the end bit was going to be closed as this would reduce the costs of stewarding as fewer stewards would be required if that section is kept empty. They were given a choice from the vacant seats in the next section along when it happened.
To say there was “no explanation” is factually wrong, as in that case they received a full explanation.
 It’s not ideal but in reality reducing unnecessary costs to align with gate income is sensible in my view - and is it any different from only opening certain areas for the Boycott trophy?

Initially people trying to renew season tickets were just getting not available, so at least they did eventually provide a reason.  Although we can work these things out, I don't recall the rest of us getting an explanation... we should it doesn't help the atmosphere and doesn't look good from the DRS..

You may be happy with it, but to me it's typical and doesn't help create an atmosphere that loyal fans particularly matter.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 17:18:15 »

Everyone directly affected would have been told. I wouldn't class that as community engagement anyway.

p.s can we change the title of this thread? I keep thinking Reg has died when i see a post in the latest topics. Just remove the memorial?

This stuff is about fan as well as community engagement....  with the fans it's about communication of what is going on.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 17:18:56 »

Sort of thing which interests me, is for example back in the summer it came out that the end bit of the Arkells would be closed this season, now there were people in there who'd had season tickets for years, who as far as I know received no explanation of why... further, I'm not sure the rest of us did either.   Now it's entirely possible I've missed the explanation from the club, but looked to me as a classic example of piss off some fans, without care.

Unless you had a seat there, why would they communicate with you?  On a match day you get to buy a seat from those that remain available, so no need to anything other than advise those who had season tickets there - and that's just been covered for you.  The club has done similar before - the section at the front of the DR by the away end, the section by the away fans in the Arkells.

What you should be more concerned about is why in 1986/87 was I sold a seat number that didn't exist in the North Stand, against Fulham in the Cup?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 17:25:25 »

If the fans care that much about some seats not being available, maybe more of them should show up? (I'm being disingenuous - the fans really don't care, you are one of a handful who had got their knickers in a twist over it I would expect). Are you being serious Reg, honestly?  Clubs all over the country with small attendances vs. capacity manage their grounds accordingly.  The Stratton Bank, should that be opened in-case someone really fancies being in the open and we stump up the running costs to provide it for them?  No, it's not a fucking charity.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 17:28:53 »

Unless you had a seat there, why would they communicate with you?  On a match day you get to buy a seat from those that remain available, so no need to anything other than advise those who had season tickets there - and that's just been covered for you.  The club has done similar before - the section at the front of the DR by the away end, the section by the away fans in the Arkells.

What you should be more concerned about is why in 1986/87 was I sold a seat number that didn't exist in the North Stand, against Fulham in the Cup?

STFC have a long and undistinguished history of treating loyal fans like shit.... it would be good to see that change.

Given we played Fulham at Craven Cottage in the Cup in 86/87, I guess the club were surprised to find you wanted a ticket at the CG and thought they'd just take your money if that gullible.
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 17:31:53 »

If we're having to scrape the barrel this much for things to moan about, then things must be going rather well.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 18:01:57 »

I have no idea why I thought it was Fulham :-).  I have a feeling it may have been one of the minnows in the Cup in the 80's, certainly a sub 3k crowd on the day because half the yellow seats were still empty after I was moved along.

edit:  Searching brings up more questions than answers!  May even have been a league game at this rate.  Anyway, seat did not exist.

FH's point stands - what a bizarre thing to knock the club over.  I see nothing wrong with the approach they have taken.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 6, 2020, 18:05:56 by RobertT » Logged
REDBUCK

« Reply #88 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 18:14:02 »

STFC have a long and undistinguished history of treating loyal fans like shit.... it would be good to see that change.

Just so i get the full picture, can you list all instances of this history please.

Thanks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 18:21:38 »

Just so i get the full picture, can you list all instances of this history please.

Thanks

Good luck getting an answer.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: