Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Reg Smeeton Memorial Community Engagement Thread  (Read 71479 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 18:46:57 »

Academy schools don’t have to follow the NC, only LA schools do.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 18:49:37 »

Schools are a part of the community, tasked with education. If the club wishes to engage closely with schools it has to be justified educationally.

It is possible... FiTC do it, the club has done it in the past but it requires funding.  Not the same as giving out a few freebies.

it doesn't actually. if they want to engage with local schools JUST by giving away free tickets. they are allowed to. there isn't a rule book.

it COULD however quite easily cross paths by use of educational incentives. Trips are commonly used as rewards for high achievement, good behaviour, positive work and are also offered to pupils who come from poorer backgrounds where trips to football (as an example) might never happen.

Low-achieving students respond to incentives to increase their effort and engagement at school - and the behaviour improvement shows up in much improved GCSE results. That is the central finding of new research published today from the University of Bristol.

thoughts Reg?
Flashheart

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 18:58:22 »

I don't know why people still take Reg seriously.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:00:39 »

Groan. It does get tedious, but the substantive point is about links between the club and schools. TBF to Wellens at no stage did he say his staff etc would be engaging in a big way with schools that's something dreamt up by Davis... he said they would do some work with Junior FC's.
It's bad enough when you keep moving the goalposts, now you're just making shit up. I said the club *had* engaged with schools and Junior FCs and provided examples of both. If you can't back your arguments up with those facts you're so fond of, you might be better just keeping shtum rather than resorting to making stuff up.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:01:32 »

1.There may well be a separation of sorts between STFC and FiTC but FiTC wouldn't exist without the club.
The 2 interact on many levels.
2.FiTC may well be taking the lead in contacting schools, running courses etc but it's the club supplying playing staff to visit these schools/courses and supplying the free tickets.

3.Aside from that the fan engagement thru social media is obvious to all to see, even if you arent on those platforms. Been linked to many times.

4.Honestly think Reg is holding out for a fans forum or an invite to a Q&A/tea with Power.

1.It's true FiTC wouldn't exist without the club but they are wholly independent, which is why the Eadie Trustees would give the $ to FitC but not the club (Power)

2. I would need to see evidence that players or staff take the tickets into schools, beyond the original Croft thing.

3. By which you suggest that stuff gets posted up on a website and fans can look at it.... I would have thougt a minimum requirement in a modern age.

4. There should be 2 FF's a season in accordance with the FL charter.... we haven't had one for years
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:02:59 »

I don't know why people still take Reg seriously.
He has basically become a parody account of himself. Which is a shame because he does have a good store of historical knowledge about both the town and the club and used to use that to provide a depth of perspective. Now he just seems to want to paint himself into a corner all the time arguing unsustainable points and then trying to shift the ground every time he paints himself into a corner.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:07:36 »

It's bad enough when you keep moving the goalposts, now you're just making shit up. I said the club *had* engaged with schools and Junior FCs and provided examples of both. If you can't back your arguments up with those facts you're so fond of, you might be better just keeping shtum rather than resorting to making stuff up.

Yes examples of Junior FC's in accordance with what Wellens said they'd do.... then "plenty* of examples of players and staff in schools, which Wellens never said they'd do.  Still waiting on that.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:10:17 »

Yes examples of Junior FC's in accordance with what Wellens said they'd do.... then "plenty* of examples of players and staff in schools, which Wellens never said they'd do.  Still waiting on that.

seems like you have accidently dodged past another of my posts where I found your answer to your question.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:11:11 »

And to get the thread back on track with fan engagement, a fine example of what successful fan engagement looks like: a packed and buzzing County Ground

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1223623258349744128

(Mods, is there any way we can embed videos from twitter directly so that the tinfoil hatters who won't go on there in case twitter steals the personal data that Facebook, Google, Apple and Microsoft have already collected anyway can see these videos?)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:11:46 »

seems like you have accidently dodged past another of my posts where I found your answer to your question.
Reg isn't keen on answers that don't agree with him. Parody account.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:15:20 »

it doesn't actually. if they want to engage with local schools JUST by giving away free tickets. they are allowed to. there isn't a rule book.

it COULD however quite easily cross paths by use of educational incentives. Trips are commonly used as rewards for high achievement, good behaviour, positive work and are also offered to pupils who come from poorer backgrounds where trips to football (as an example) might never happen.

thoughts Reg?

Yes I get the justification, but then it becomes a bit like Pocket Money Boy in Numb who was paid to stay out of trouble, but didn't.

The problem then becomes what schools do you give this reward to, what about the well behaved Kids.  perhaps better if schools wish to use a reward scheme they pay for the tickets themselves.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:15:53 »

1.It's true FiTC wouldn't exist without the club but they are wholly independent, which is why the Eadie Trustees would give the $ to FitC but not the club (Power)

2. I would need to see evidence that players or staff take the tickets into schools, beyond the original Croft thing.

3. By which you suggest that stuff gets posted up on a website and fans can look at it.... I would have thougt a minimum requirement in a modern age.

4. There should be 2 FF's a season in accordance with the FL charter.... we haven't had one for years

1, May be wholly independent but still work hand in hand. The football fans in training is run by FiTC. On STFC premises giving the participants STFC football shirts and utilising STFC staff. Had Lingy do a talk when I was on it.

2, Not just tickets, STFC players and staff have been at FiTC courses and initiatives. There is a video somewhere online of Wellens at one too.

3, No idea if it's on the OS as rarely read it, plenty of stuff on other platforms I do read.

4, Yep but not happening so deal with it, just because those arent happening doesnt mean anything else isnt.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:21:33 »

Yes I get the justification, but then it becomes a bit like Pocket Money Boy in Numb who was paid to stay out of trouble, but didn't.

The problem then becomes what schools do you give this reward to, what about the well behaved Kids.  perhaps better if schools wish to use a reward scheme they pay for the tickets themselves.

There isn't a problem. Well behaved kids? see high achievement and good behaviour.

Your assuming that schools don't pay for the tickets themselves and if they don't it really doesn't matter, it is for the schools to distribute how they wish and on the criteria and incentive that they create. It seems like your out of touch with the current school system.

glad you can see the justification. you could have ended it there instead of trying to find a but and a new issue. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:29:11 »

Reg isn't keen on answers that don't agree with him. Parody account.

I've scrolled the thread and Iffy's only other input is where he asks for a thread name change, because he thinks I'm dead.

Still don't let the facts get in the way of a chance for a snide remark
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 19:48:35 »

1, May be wholly independent but still work hand in hand. The football fans in training is run by FiTC. On STFC premises giving the participants STFC football shirts and utilising STFC staff. Had Lingy do a talk when I was on it.

2, Not just tickets, STFC players and staff have been at FiTC courses and initiatives. There is a video somewhere online of Wellens at one too.

3, No idea if it's on the OS as rarely read it, plenty of stuff on other platforms I do read.

4, Yep but not happening so deal with it, just because those arent happening doesnt mean anything else isnt.

FiTC have been at it for near on 30 years, and Town staff have always engaged here and there, partly dependent on the characters involved.  I'm still not convinced that the present lot go into schools armed with tickets to give away.

Being at a course on the extension isn't the same as going into say Dorcan or Kingsdown, delivering a talk or a football coaching session.

I wonder why Power continues to snub the FL charter.... radical I know  Hmmm

A charter requirement is exactly that...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: