Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Reg Smeeton Memorial Community Engagement Thread  (Read 71079 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:17:01 »

I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one who understands this.

Cheesy Reggest phrase ever.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:17:39 »

Groan.

We know FiTC which is now called Community Foundation, or similar does stuff and has done for years.  It isn't the same as the club.
Yes that's the point. All the examples he quoted were ones that the players you keep accusing of failing to engage with the community had given up their time to attend FitC events. You know, engaging with the community
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:22:37 »

IT'S SCIENCE
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:25:04 »

This shit is starting to derail this thread, mods could we pull it out into "The Reg Smeeton Memorial Community Engagement Thread" or something?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:30:30 »

Ha ha didn't think you'd actually use the name Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:34:39 »

I did want to try and be more creative but my mind just refused to engage. Copy and paste - job done.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:35:08 »

A weak attempt at bullying.

Just admit it you got a bit carried away with the loads of examples of Wellens and players going into schools to talk and take training, and rather than present non existent evidence went for the default abuse position.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:43:19 »

Is the argument that the clubs out reach is happening under the entity which exists to be the football clubs outreach entity??

Things get better but they never get good
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:43:38 »

Brilliant gesture,    Chap could have died if they had not spotted him and turned back -  There are still a few good people in football despite the rumours.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:51:19 »

Is the argument that the clubs out reach is happening under the entity which exists to be the football clubs outreach entity??

No, FiTC doesn't exist to be the Club's outreach, it exists solely to do Community work as do similar oraganisations for the other clubs in the FL.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:59:32 »

The players also went to theOUtlet last week to collect and wrap presents that will/have been given to kids at GWH over Christamas by said players.

Maybe Reg you could just take a hostage and list your demands, because we are clearly struggling with what will make you happy.  That some of this goes unreported in whatever news media you are using is maybe an issue?  As someone who doesn't even live locally anymore, there seems an obvious change in approach from the club, and I'm also someone who doesn't use Twitter.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 13:18:00 »

^^ Hear hear. I'm normally someone who gives you a pretty easy ride, but you're taking arguing the toss to new levels now. If the club is taking the easy option of dropping into existing community support structures, how much of your original complaint can you really still gnaw away at ffs? Either they're doing more than before, or they're not. Either it's enough or it isn't. Apart from the fans meeting, do you think they're still not doing enough, is that it? Because frankly, I'm beginning to lose the will to listen.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 13:21:43 »

They also had  the Open Day, so apart from the getaway bus and the fans forum, I can't think of much else.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 13:27:13 »

They also had  the Open Day, so apart from the getaway bus and the fans forum, I can't think of much else.

They haven't been round to Reg's and cooked his tea yet!

This is getting as silly as the regular arguments regarding communication, where for many, if the club won't send the manager round to pass on the news directly, its just not enough!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 13:50:49 »

As someone who doesn't even live locally anymore, there seems an obvious change in approach from the club, and I'm also someone who doesn't use Twitter.

I pointed out the breakdown in fan engagement a long time ago.... it needed to change. Wellens said so himself the club got in line with the rest of the FL by appointing a community officer all well and good.

But this is about the specific case raised by Davis that there were loads of examples of Wellens and players going into schools delivering talks  and taking training sessions.... I questioned this, and which was called pathetic and further accused of being a lazy sod as Google would provide all the examples that Davis was making his case on.

So yes to Flasher, it is science insofar as observable evidence is being sought on a specific issue.

As regards the Fans Forum it is a charter requirement of being a FL club.... rather than the snide jibes that I might be the only oine inteersted in attending, I would have thought questioning why Power doesn't want to do this might be more helpful.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 16, 2019, 13:55:59 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: