Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Reg Smeeton Memorial Community Engagement Thread  (Read 71460 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 15:45:16 »

The club has an image problem. Doesn't matter so much for the hardcore, but there is a swathe of potential fans who could be reached if Power can get some forward momentum, so far in his tenure we've at best stood still in some areas and backwards in others.  People notice this.
Which may or may not be true. But insofar as it is, it is related to matters on the pitch, not community engagement, which is the subject of the thread. In which areas you seem determined to ignore or decry any efforts the club do make. Seems like nothing the club does will ever be good enough
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 16:09:14 »

Which may or may not be true. But insofar as it is, it is related to matters on the pitch, not community engagement, which is the subject of the thread. In which areas you seem determined to ignore or decry any efforts the club do make. Seems like nothing the club does will ever be good enough

TBF the subject of the thread is one of yours and Flasher's weak efforts at bullying instead of debate.  The original argument was about the breaking of links between the club and fans, in all its manifestations of which wider community links is but one facet much of which over the years has been taken care of by FiTC and that has been enhanced by the recent CG extensionn hub. All good

The club has acknowledged that things in regard to fan engagement have been substandard and resolved to do something about.... Wellens "it feels like a side not a club"  Again all good.   But you can't ignore on field matters in this.... in many fans eyes the two go hand in hand.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 24, 2020, 19:16:22 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 21:19:20 »

I am not sure that there is "a swathe of potential fans" waiting to be tapped into. Anything less than a premier league offering will only attract a limited customer base.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 23:53:39 »

Flashheart

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 00:04:23 »

You have no idea how much this gif could have been useful to me in the past.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 00:07:58 »

Well, you have it now. Think of it as my gif(t) to you Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 19:39:55 »

The first half of this is well worth a listen (not that the second half isn't!) - Loathed Strangers chat with Ben Hooke, the club's media guy, covers a lot of stuff on fan engagement and what they're doing on the (social) media front this season. Think everyone (well, nearly everyone) would agree there's been some excellent content put out by the club this season and if you haven't watched the "County Ground Uncut" videos on YouTube yet, thoroughly recommend you do.

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/its-all-about-the-benjamins
Flashheart

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 19:42:37 »

They have been very good.

Some social media output tends to be a bit cheesy, but I think they've got the balance just right.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 19:44:57 »

They have been very good.

Some social media output tends to be a bit cheesy, but I think they've got the balance just right.
The short clips of game footage on Twitter, the "Uncut" videos, Loathed Strangers Pods and Marley's alternative comms have really enhanced what's already been one of the most enjoyable seasons as a Town fan in a very long time for me. More power to all 3.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 20:14:17 »

The short clips of game footage on Twitter, the "Uncut" videos, Loathed Strangers Pods and Marley's alternative comms have really enhanced what's already been one of the most enjoyable seasons as a Town fan in a very long time for me. More power to all 3.
Agree with all of that and would add the Talk of the Town podcasts that BBC Wilts do...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 20:15:37 »

Agree with all of that and would add the Talk of the Town podcasts that BBC Wilts do...
Oh yes, those are excellent. Astounded I forgot those, going senile
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 20:56:14 »

On the fan engagement front, the way the club have harnessed the excitement around Yates/Doyle this week has been superb, some cracking work from Mr Hooke et al
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 21:01:00 »

The Hallam Hope announcement video last week was beautiful.

You really can’t fault the efforts all season long IMO. Listening to the fella’s LS interview the other day you can tell he knows exactly what he’s doing with regard to the social media side of things.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 22:56:39 »

Lots of people in his position think they've 'made it' once they have the club coat on and then struggle with the complexities and personalities from within. I know a few things about the experiences of others in similar roles at other lower league clubs and the industry can be brutal.

Ben is meticulous, knows the job and the demands required of him and embraces it all. There is so much more to his job than Social Media content.

I know he's put a lot of work in to understanding what Swindon Town is all about both within the club and its fanbase.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 23:14:38 »

Lots of people in his position think they've 'made it' once they have the club coat on and then struggle with the complexities and personalities from within. I know a few things about the experiences of others in similar roles at other lower league clubs and the industry can be brutal.

Ben is meticulous, knows the job and the demands required of him and embraces it all. There is so much more to his job than Social Media content.

I know he's put a lot of work in to understanding what Swindon Town is all about both within the club and its fanbase.

Well fair play to him. :-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: