Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Reg Smeeton Memorial Community Engagement Thread  (Read 71669 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 15:06:54 »

Nice story. The Portuguese woman who "screened" me was very beautiful too. Would've been nice to have a chat.

Did you show her your three-inch blade?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 15:18:28 »

Did you show her your three-inch blade?

No but she was very interested to see it *Boom boom*  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:29:32 »

Blog from a paramedic for Wiltshire Air Ambulance being sponsored by the club about what it means to him. The club are paying for his training, medical equipment and uniform as part of their sponsorship of Wiltshire Air Ambulance.  Clap

https://www.wiltshireairambulance.co.uk/joining-wiltshire-air-ambulance-my-dream-job/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #123 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:29:54 »

Lovely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:34:32 »

I remember once being taken to one side by an incredibly pretty young French lady at Carcassonne airport as my baggage had be chosen for screening. Now me and the missus have two matching bags and thus when they go through and the labels are applied we don't really bother to make sure that the labels are on the right bags.

So I go into this room, and she opens my bag and finds it full of bras and knickers, she found it very amusing!
Grin
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:57:05 »

Blog from a paramedic for Wiltshire Air Ambulance being sponsored by the club about what it means to him. The club are paying for his training, medical equipment and uniform as part of their sponsorship of Wiltshire Air Ambulance.  Clap

https://www.wiltshireairambulance.co.uk/joining-wiltshire-air-ambulance-my-dream-job/

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1220654979360477185
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:59:39 »

I remember once being taken to one side by an incredibly pretty young French lady at Carcassonne airport as my baggage had be chosen for screening. Now me and the missus have two matching bags and thus when they go through and the labels are applied we don't really bother to make sure that the labels are on the right bags.

So I go into this room, and she opens my bag and finds it full of bras and knickers, she found it very amusing!

I had a similar experience in Spain, except it was a small case that held a weeks worth of my laundry, boxers etc. She didn't look to enthusiastically  Smiley

Not you Horlock in a Shrews shirt? Hmmm

« Last Edit: Friday, January 24, 2020, 11:02:50 by 4D » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 11:33:04 »

How dare the club make an engaging gesture like that!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:24:07 »

How dare the club make an engaging gesture like that!

Problem is there's a lot of damage to repair.... sort of thing from a couple of years back, my local ran a Christmas raffle to fund feeding the homeless at Christmas.   Local and not so local businesses donoated some amazing prizes and a couple of grand was raised... however although Supermarine chipped in and FGR, nowt from STFC.  A couple of regulars who go to matches were so disgusted with the club, they bought some tickets themselves and lobbed them in.  Only a samll thing, but people notice.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:29:58 »

Problem is there's a lot of damage to repair.... sort of thing from a couple of years back, my local ran a Christmas raffle to fund feeding the homeless at Christmas.   Local and not so local businesses donoated some amazing prizes and a couple of grand was raised... however although Supermarine chipped in and FGR, nowt from STFC.  A couple of regulars who go to matches were so disgusted with the club, they bought some tickets themselves and lobbed them in.  Only a samll thing, but people notice.

In your local, does the barman always know to serve your glass half-empty?  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:31:10 »

In your local, does the barman always know to serve your glass half-empty?  Wink

The top or bottom half?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:37:20 »

We can’t afford Doyle because of shit like this.

#ParaOut
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:42:49 »

Operative here being that it was in the past. Current management can't change what happened previously. Impossible. What they can do is make moves to change things going forward. Which is exactly what the club are doing and we're STILL providing examples. You have just shifted the goalposts slightly from your original stance though. The one about "what are the club doing to engage fans..." (It's not a direct quote that I know you'll try to pull me up on. To yet again deflect but the wording is in the same catchment of which you previously had stated).

So now instead of it being "What are the club doing..?", it's "But regardless of what they do now, look at what they never used to do?". Nice one.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:15:41 »

Operative here being that it was in the past. Current management can't change what happened previously. Impossible. What they can do is make moves to change things going forward. Which is exactly what the club are doing and we're STILL providing examples. You have just shifted the goalposts slightly from your original stance though. The one about "what are the club doing to engage fans..." (It's not a direct quote that I know you'll try to pull me up on. To yet again deflect but the wording is in the same catchment of which you previously had stated).

So now instead of it being "What are the club doing..?", it's "But regardless of what they do now, look at what they never used to do?". Nice one.

The club has an image problem. Doesn't matter so much for the hardcore, but there is a swathe of potential fans who could be reached if Power can get some forward momentum, so far in his tenure we've at best stood still in some areas and backwards in others.  People notice this. It will be interesting to see if this weeks events have an effect on Saturday's gate.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:34:17 »

The club has an image problem. Doesn't matter so much for the hardcore, but there is a swathe of potential fans who could be reached if Power can get some forward momentum, so far in his tenure we've at best stood still in some areas and backwards in others.  People notice this. It will be interesting to see if this weeks events have an effect on Saturday's gate.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: