Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 110. Lawrie Sanchez  (Read 4360 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 00:14:40 »

A bit of a general career discussion with Lawrie Sanchez.

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/lawrie-sanchez

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 13:49:22 »

Never rated Sanchez as a player or manager, never liked him as a person, IMO he put himself on a pedestal for that one goal and this podcast doesn’t change my view of him, came across as a bit of a dick.

Nothing against the cast, usual great work Rich, but just reinforced my opinion of the bloke.

Sounded like he was ridiculing Swindon at times and obviously thought he was better than anyone else at the club when he joined Swindon.

And as for management, I saved Ireland, I saved Wycombe, I saved Fulham - what an egotistical twat.

Great work Rich, but I am glad I got that one out of the way.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 13:57:26 »

what an egotistical twat.
Don't mince your words mate Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 14:15:12 »

There were a certainly a couple of moments that felt like obvious digs.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 14:54:57 »

Don't mince your words mate Wink

Couldn't help it, I never liked the guy.  He actually referred to himself as a Wimbledon iconic player..

Always thought he was a twat and will continue to do so Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 14:58:16 »

Couldn't help it, I never liked the guy.  He actually referred to himself as a Wimbledon iconic player..

Always thought he was a twat and will continue to do so Smiley

I’d say scoring an FA Cup winner makes you a pretty iconic player for said the club.
Not going to disagree with anything else you’ve said though.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 15:16:02 »

One of the worst players i've ever seen in a Town shirt
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 15:47:02 »

I’d say scoring an FA Cup winner makes you a pretty iconic player for said the club.
Not going to disagree with anything else you’ve said though.

If somebody else is saying it about you I would agree, labeling yourself as an iconic player though just shows the mentality of the bloke.

I could label myself to you as an Iconic Abbeymeads sixes player but what would you think of me if i did?

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 16:11:52 »

I like the controversial episodes. Gets people talking!

Last ex-player of the year... possibly didn't think that through!
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 16:36:13 »

Never rated Sanchez as a player or manager, never liked him as a person, IMO he put himself on a pedestal for that one goal and this podcast doesn’t change my view of him, came across as a bit of a dick.

Nothing against the cast, usual great work Rich, but just reinforced my opinion of the bloke.

Sounded like he was ridiculing Swindon at times and obviously thought he was better than anyone else at the club when he joined Swindon.

And as for management, I saved Ireland, I saved Wycombe, I saved Fulham - what an egotistical twat.

Great work Rich, but I am glad I got that one out of the way.

I've no real opinion of him, but I remember when he played for us on Sky he was mouthing 'I won you the cup' at the camera during the warm-up, because he knew Bobby Gould was in the studio. Even the 14 year old me thought that was a but wierd.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: