Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oldham pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 55832 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 12:55:44 »

tbf, Wellens has won Manager of the Month so you can hardly curse it any more Smiley

The old negative negative equals a positive  Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 13:06:51 »

Got to say, Doyle didn’t look particularly injured in his photo receiving PotM Award yesterday.

Looked happy enough.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 14:20:03 »

The old negative negative equals a positive  Wink
Aha crafty, I like your thinking. We should arrange for the choir lot to serenade you to your seat!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 16:17:04 »

Not expecting many from oop North then.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/december/11122019-swindon-official-coach/

Official coach cancelled due to lack of interest!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #49 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 16:54:13 »

Oldham have only lost 2 more games than Swindon on 7 defeats but sit in a lowly 21st place having only won 4 times so far.

But the won their last away game at Newport 1-0, they have also beaten Walsall at home, Morecambe at home and Cambridge away.

They have also been trounced by Mansfield 6-1 back in October, they are one of the leagues lowest scorers with just 20 goals from their 19 matches.

Their leading scorers are winger Jonny Smith on 4, Christopher Missilou and Filipe Morais both midfielders on 3 each.

Oldham have no players or staff with a Swindon connection.

Swindon though have Richie Wellens, Steve Midenhall, Tommy Wright and Paul Jewell all with Oldham Athletic connections.

On the playing staff we have ex Latics players Eoin Doyle, Rob Hunt, Anthony Grant and Jordan Lyden playing for us.

Although Oldham are unbeaten in the league in the last 5 games so will be hard to beat. Their form recently is LDLLWDDWD.

Our form over the same period is LDLWWWWWW.

If Doyle can score tomorrow that will be the first time since 1928 that a Swindon player has scored in 9 consecutive games, that would be some achievement.

If we win it will be the first time we have won 7 league games in a row since 2012 when under PdC we had a run of 10 consecutive wins.

Oldham are unbeaten in their last 7 matches at the CG with our last win being in 2010 but overall we have won 13 games at the CG between the sides and Oldham have won 10 times with 7 being drawn.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 17:11:57 »

Oldham are unbeaten in their last 7 matches at the CG with our last win being in 2010 but overall we have won 13 games at the CG between the sides and Oldham have won 10 times with 7 being drawn.

Some of those games are cup ties, so shouldn't be included, with league games.

Just League games W11 D7  L9
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 17:51:06 »

This is a tricky one to call tomorrow - Oldham have drawn a lot of games and don’t score many goals, which suggests they may set up defensively, and we have at times struggled against teams who do this at the CG.
If we score early we could win comfortably, but we may have another low scoring win on our hands. Three points here will set us up nicely for the Christmas period, when we have some tough looking fixtures.
I think we will win by either 1-0 or 2-0.

On the “mystery injury” , my concern is that it’s one of Baudry or Fryers (pure guesswork). Their partnership has been one of the less heavily highlighted parts of our rise up the table (winning run) but very important in my view. Whilst we have options at the back defensively, neither Zakuani nor Broadbent can form the basis of our passing game from the back as effectively as Baudry and Fryers who are both comfortable in possession. We saw this in the period after Conroy’s injury before Fryers came back from his, and also when Baudry missed a couple of games.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 18:41:03 »

Is the chippy back open yet? I’ve missed my football special.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 18:48:20 »

Anyone notice if Doyle was limping  Doh

Do beards count as an injury?

Maybe someone said you look a right cunt with that ginger beard and hurt his feelings ...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 20:07:21 »

Is the chippy back open yet? I’ve missed my football special.
Don't think so,  was still closed last home game,   you'd have thought that they would have got it open ASAP,  surely match days are the 'good earner' days.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 21:00:25 »

are we talking Robins in Gorse hill?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 21:41:21 »

The one on the magic roundabout.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 22:31:01 »

ah, ok.
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 07:19:34 »

How do we not know who the injured player is? Surely someone from the adver or a supporter has been to training and said player has been conspicuous by their absence?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 08:09:09 »

Im going to have a guess and say Lyden.

No idea why, however he was injury prone and hasnt been injured for a bit.

Failing that, Doughty.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: