Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oldham pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 54766 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:03:56 »

Was just checking Swindon consecutive scoring records and as far as I can see Doyle is 3rd in the record books currently with his 11 goals in 8 consecutive league matches.

Back in the 1927-28 season Harry Morris scored 15 goals in 9 consecutive league games.

The season before Harry Morris scored an incredible 19 goals in 10 consecutive league matches the only time a Swindon Town player has managed that feat.

It would be some achievement if Eoin Doyle managed to equal that 9 game scoring run which would take him to equal 2nd in the list.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:05:03 »

I would add Doughty to the key players list.
Winning run started with him coming back in?
No real like for like replacement without having to tweak the system?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:08:20 »

I would add Doughty to the key players list.
Winning run started with him coming back in?
No real like for like replacement without having to tweak the system?
I think any player that comes in then we would have to change the shape and style of how we are playing currently, even down to Benda being replaced by LMc.

Every player has his strengths and knows his role now the season has progressed and a change could be handled but things would definately have to change. We have no real like for like with any of the midfielders, Lyden, Grant and Doughty all have very different strengths than Rose or Anderson.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:09:34 »

Obviously discounting the useless Adam May who wants to cut short his loan early to go back to Pompey before January.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:51:17 »

Obviously discounting the useless Adam May who wants to cut short his loan early to go back to Pompey before January.
We’ve had some bad loanees down the years but he must be amongst the worst. Absolutely no redeeming features to his play and terrible in every appearance for us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:58:16 »

We’ve had some bad loanees down the years but he must be amongst the worst. Absolutely no redeeming features to his play and terrible in every appearance for us.
Hes certainly up there, absolutely dire in every game. He must have the lowest pass completion of any Town player in donkeys years.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:59:38 »

Hes certainly up there, absolutely dire in every game. He must have the lowest pass completion of any Town player in donkeys years.
And only tackle he’s made was on Woolery in a home game.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 17:13:05 »

And only tackle he’s made was on Woolery in a home game.
Cracking tackle TBH, Woolery was away and off!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 17:14:42 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 18:10:34 »

Keshi Anderson is back in the squad Yay
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 19:44:03 »

I reckon we have 3 ‘key’ players - Doyle, Yates and Grant. So it’s one of them. Anyone else we have adequate cover for.

These 3 have certainly been the stand out players over the last 6 games. However I believe we have adequate cover upfront if either Doyle or Yates are injured, particularly now that Isgrove and Anderson are back. Yates can play central if Doyle is out and we have DJ and Woolery also to cover the front 3 positions.

In midfield, Doughty's AM role could be covered by Anderson ( assuming 100% fit) although the loss of Lyden would be more of a concern, where Rose, as his replacement, being left footed, somewhat unbalances the team. If its Grant that is out then we are again weakened where Rose, although a more natural replacement than for Lyden, is nowhere near as physically dominant as Grant.

It is central defence that an injury would concern me most, as Baudry and Fryers have been outstanding as a pair and can not be easily replaced. Broadbent is the obvious candidate but is miles away from either in terms of distribution. Wellens comment that we have one or two options might suggest it is indeed a central defender that is injured with the option of Grant moving to centre back. Against Oldham this may not be a major problem, but against the better teams eg FGR, Plymouth, Bradford, this could be an issue if the injury is longer term, hence the requirement to bring in another centre back.

Either full back could be covered by Iandolo, although leaves us short on the bench until Donahue is available.

So in order of who I wouldnt want injured I would go Baudry, Fryers, Lyden, Grant, Doughty, Doyle then Yates.

Based on Wellens comments I suggest either Baudry/Fryers or Doughty as the injured player.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 07:23:12 »

Oldham’s official supporters coach (singular) has been cancelled due to lack of numbers!
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 07:27:38 »

Going by everything said so far, and taking everything else into account, I have no idea who the injured player is.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 07:33:56 »

Nightmare scenario is that it’s Yates and then Doyle gets recalled - or vice versa

Thing is, if it is a secret why Wellens mentioned it at all.

The only inadequate cover, as in like for like, is Baudry or Fryers. Broadbent can do a job, but it won’t be the controlled play at the back of those 2.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 07:43:54 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 08:16:23 »

Oldham’s official supporters coach (singular) has been cancelled due to lack of numbers!

Commented underneath on social media by a town fan
" who are swindon going to play saturday now then "

Mind you she is on that Facebook page
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 08:22:13 »

Commented underneath on social media by a town fan
" who are swindon going to play saturday now then "

Mind you she is on that Facebook page

Blimey!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: