Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 108. Adi Viveash  (Read 6702 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 00:23:55 »

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/adi-viveash
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 15:16:03 »

Enjoyed that, thought he came across quite well. Definately got through tidying up the shithole of my flat. Which is definately an achievement soapy tit wank
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 6, 2019, 10:52:39 »

I always think of Viveash as a kid, just due to my age I suppose, so it was a surprise to hear the fairly gruff voice!

Im enjoying these Rich, they're getting me through my ridiculous late night drives from gig to gig very nicely.  Thanks for doing them.  Mind you we know you love it.  Like a kid in a sweet shop.

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 10:22:21 »

Cheers Sax! I do love doing them, it's quite surreal at times.

Been a very busy week as I try and reduce my workload for the rest of the year due to randomly having a week of night shifts coming up followed by the Christmas/New Year period. Recorded Lawrie Sanchez and Andy Nicholas with a 30 minute gap in-between the other day.

Adi was great, think he enjoyed going the whole way through his career (as many tend to because the mainly get asked about specific periods in their careers) - felt a definite tinge of sadness/frustration with the way his Town career(s) went but he explains it all really well.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 14:12:40 »

'Through' its 'Through' !  Cheesy

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 15:47:56 »

Really enjoyed this one. Always enjoy the ones of the “nearly” players. I also seem to have started going to games within a few weeks of your first one Rich - so when you mention that his first season has a special status for you, it’s completely the same for me. Great stuff as ever.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 01:13:10 »

Cheers Sax! I do love doing them, it's quite surreal at times.

Been a very busy week as I try and reduce my workload for the rest of the year due to randomly having a week of night shifts coming up followed by the Christmas/New Year period. Recorded Lawrie Sanchez and Andy Nicholas with a 30 minute gap in-between the other day.

Adi was great, think he enjoyed going the whole way through his career (as many tend to because the mainly get asked about specific periods in their careers) - felt a definite tinge of sadness/frustration with the way his Town career(s) went but he explains it all really well.

Didn't Andy King have a ding dong with Lawrie Sanchez over how he was always after his job? Or am I misremembering? Should be a good listen.

Don't want to blow smoke up your arse rich. but you've moved up to my second priority podcast, just under Buxton,  and above wittertainment and RHLSTPC ( depending on who it is). You seem to have really nailed down a format.

You should get Reg on for a Christmas special. Tell us about all the times things have been looking great in December and then all goes to shit. 97/98 springs to mind. Reg would have better ones.

Who's on your wishlist? Don Rogers, Steve McMahon, Jimmmy Quinn, Hoddle or actually gorman would probably be more interesting.

I reckon Antoine van der Linden would be an interesting take on the Kingy years.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 06:38:28 »

I'm nowhere near Buxton and Herring but I'll take it, thanks! I'd love to do more face-to-face episodes though, build that rapport etc.

My wishlist is pretty big. Only one interaction with an ex-player has resulted in me stepping away. I look forward to telling that story one day... you'll never guess the player (not a major name).

Stats wise, it's pretty clear that listeners prefer Kingy era onwards. Figures are always lower for players who played up until the 90s.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 06:59:07 »

I’d love a Miglioranzi podcast. Tenner says he bought a Christmas tree from Super Sam.

A Reg podcast would be interesting.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 07:16:47 »

I’d love a Miglioranzi podcast. Tenner says he bought a Christmas tree from Super Sam.

A Reg podcast would be interesting.

I got *really* close to getting Migs done. All prepped and ready to go but he was super reluctant to use Skype as his account was previously hacked. The software I use records from Skype so we hit a dead end but I cannot emphasise what a nice chap he is.

There isn't a Swindon Town link that I wouldn't talk to (beyond the aforementioned one).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 07:33:44 »

I got *really* close to getting Migs done. All prepped and ready to go but he was super reluctant to use Skype as his account was previously hacked. The software I use records from Skype so we hit a dead end but I cannot emphasise what a nice chap he is.

There isn't a Swindon Town link that I wouldn't talk to (beyond the aforementioned one).

Hopefully something will get sorted at a later date.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 08:22:01 »

I'm nowhere near Buxton and Herring but I'll take it, thanks! I'd love to do more face-to-face episodes though, build that rapport etc.

My wishlist is pretty big. Only one interaction with an ex-player has resulted in me stepping away. I look forward to telling that story one day... you'll never guess the player (not a major name).

Stats wise, it's pretty clear that listeners prefer Kingy era onwards. Figures are always lower for players who played up until the 90s.

I’ll go for Darren Bullock or Lee Collins, who asked for cash in a brown paper bag.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 10:00:33 »

Have you tried Discord? It's predominately aimed at gamers, but it does all the same things as Skype. Also there is a bot that does multi-channel audio recording:

https://craig.chat/home/
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 10:52:41 »

Loved this one, a few names brought back a few memories, some names you don't hear very often.

Denny Munday - was my neighbour when i was growing up as a lad
Nigel Packer - I played many a game alongside him in the team, great bloke and still a very good player even though not as mobile and lightweight when i played with him as he was in his youth professional days
Oggie, played against him many times when he was playing for the Greyhound - beast of a striker at that level.

Was good to hear Adi mention them so fondly.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 10:59:42 »

Nigel Packer might do an episode believe it or not.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: