Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 47369 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 18:58:47 »

Almost safe from relegation now.

Phew.

Still shit at corners though . . .  could be our downfall .
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 19:27:49 »

As an away fan, to see a first win somewhere after numerous visits is very satisfying. More so when it's a pain to get to as well.

It's just glorious at the moment, but feet on the ground and enjoy each game as it comes.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 19:42:06 »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/11881017/grimsby-0-3-swindon
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 20:02:44 »

Wow, 2 tame shots at the keeper from the feeeeesh. 
My ifollow disappeared after 3 nil up , looks like I didnt miss much
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 20:39:14 »

wtf was their keeper doing for doyles goal.

he was back tracking like it was looping back post and it ended going in down the middle of the goal and waist height.

take it all day long obviously
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 21:35:32 »

Att 3,723
Our lot 318
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 21:38:46 »

Still 14 points to go to reach the magic 53. No room for complacency next week against Oldham is bound to be a tester because in 1958 they beat us at home on a Saturday in December and .... (can't be arsed, make up some random pessimism yourselves)

The club’s printers could not deliver the golden goal tickets. At the same time the hot water tanks on the backs of the drinks sellers walking around the pitch were deemed unsafe. Meanwhile, P a u l had to stay on at his Saturday job for 6d at the mercy of a bourgeois capitalist slave driving fruit and veg merchant. Then walk home fifty miles in his bare feet only finding out the result two days later from a damp copy of the football pink.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 23:26:23 »

get the fuck in, great win that
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 08:30:23 »

Morning all,

What a big win that was yesterday. Looking forward to next Saturday now. No complacency against Oldham.

Shame Forest Green wont give us any more tickets.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 09:18:51 »

Morning all,

What a big win that was yesterday. Looking forward to next Saturday now. No complacency against Oldham.

Shame Forest Green wont give us any more tickets.

Tickets? Pah, we’ll have the three points instead.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 09:35:48 »

Att 3,723
Our lot 318

Echo...

Att: 3,723 with 318 from Swindon.

Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #266 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 10:16:07 »

Had a quick read of the Bradford forum on their thoughts on the Doyle situation.

Fucking hell they are some bitter fans.

Almost every single poster suggests they should take him back and pay his wages putting them under the FFP pressure purely to stop us playing him and utilising his ability.

Almost every one of them says Vaughan is a better player, is that right? a striker with just 7 goals to his name this season vs a striker with 18, ok then!

Many of their fans also suggets making a "cheeky bid" for Yates to properly scupper us.

They are ignoring the fact that both those players are loving it at Swindon and quite rightly would not want to return/go to Bradford anyway, Doyle had his chance and they couldnt play to his strengths and Yates would not want to go there I am certain as thats a step backwards and anyway with FFP they couldnt afford him or Doyle as they are floating close to the limit according to their manager.

I think Power/Wellens should step up and make it a perm deal as well as for Grant and Yates.

Get it done Swindon, seal the deal asap and we could easily coast to the title in this league, yesterday we were never out of 2nd gear all game really.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 10:39:25 »

Had a quick read of the Bradford forum on their thoughts on the Doyle situation.

Fucking hell they are some bitter fans.

Almost every single poster suggests they should take him back and pay his wages putting them under the FFP pressure purely to stop us playing him and utilising his ability.

Almost every one of them says Vaughan is a better player, is that right? a striker with just 7 goals to his name this season vs a striker with 18, ok then!

Many of their fans also suggets making a "cheeky bid" for Yates to properly scupper us.

They are ignoring the fact that both those players are loving it at Swindon and quite rightly would not want to return/go to Bradford anyway, Doyle had his chance and they couldnt play to his strengths and Yates would not want to go there I am certain as thats a step backwards and anyway with FFP they couldnt afford him or Doyle as they are floating close to the limit according to their manager.

I think Power/Wellens should step up and make it a perm deal as well as for Grant and Yates.

Get it done Swindon, seal the deal asap and we could easily coast to the title in this league, yesterday we were never out of 2nd gear all game really.

It's certainly a situation without precedent, it's now a dozen games since one of our own players scored a goal, of those dozen DJ scored in 1, all the others 11 have seen goals by Yates or Doyle or no-one.  Of course even if our own we could lose them to injury, but such reliance on players who can soon be recalled was always likely to cause a problem.

FWIW I just can't see Power shelling out the necessary for an over 30 striker, by way of fee and wages, but Yates could be a possibilty....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 11:04:49 »

In an ideal world we need to sign a ‘Rory Fallon’ ready to come in should one of them loose form.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 11:08:30 »

According to their local rag we are already paying the lion’s share of his supposed £5k per week wages. Taking up the whole amount wouldn’t be a deal breaker, I would have thought.

There’s no way they are going to go back to paying the full amount for Doyle and not playing him. They all know he wouldn’t reproduce his goal return for them - and they know he doesn’t want to go back anyway.

I’d expect Power to dip into next season’s budget to keep Doyle and Grant. Yates, I have no idea what will happen with him. Like Doyle, he is out of contract in the summer so I doubt he’ll cost a lot if we want to sign him.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: